Russel Wilson is the best payer in the NFL

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Aros":1dpw2zzl said:
FPD":1dpw2zzl said:
I agree with everything you said here Todd...Especially the highlighted part. I suppose it just depends upon how you define MVP.

That's always been my problem with the MVP award. It has little to do with the true meaning of the term, and much more to do with pure stats. Sure, stats can be an indicator of success but it rarely tells the whole story. The NFL world wants to anoint MVP based on stats first, team success second. Usually, if not always, the two go hand-in-hand. The emphasis on stats is what bothers me.

Like I said before, I would be hard pressed to think of one single human being in the NFL that has exemplified the true meaning of "Most Valuable Player" to their team other than Russell Wilson over the majority of his career. And no, that's not a diehard Seahawks fan talking, that's the honest truth.

Yet, I understand it's a popularity contest as much as anything. The shiny new toy is going to beat out just about anything else, it's simply human nature. Take last year as example. Russell was the leading candidate for MVP through the mid-point of the season until Lamar Jackson decided to stop being a human and decided to be a video game character for the rest of the year.

Russell's stats trickled off late in the season while Jackson's stats were pretty dang terrific if not eye-popping in some categories. So I definitely get why he was voted as the 2019 MVP over Wilson. Not many would argue that result. I take nothing away from Lamar's performance last year.

2019 is a classic example of taking statistical performance over what I personally believe it truly means to be a Most Valuable Player for your football team. In fact, I would go so far as to say there needs to be two separate awards. One for Most Valuable Player, and one for Most Exciting Player.

MVP, MEP.

Not that that will ever happen but that's the distinction I feel about the topic.

I think Russell should have been MEP maybe a couple times so far in his career, but MVP? Damn near all of his career.
The Premeirship in England has what's called the Player of the Year who they give to the player voted the best that season. I think if they were being honest they would call the MVP awards Player of the Year in American sports as well, because it seems to me the media just thinks most valuable means best. I mean the Chiefs would win twice the amount of games without Mahomes that the Seahawks would win without Wilson. Wilson is much more valuable to his team. You see this in the NBA where if you were really looking at who was most valuable, Lebron James would have won the MVP every single year he was with the Cavs. They go from a team that went to the finals four straight years to one of the worst teams in the league the second he left. But he hasn't won the award since 2013 because the award doesn't really go to the most VALUEABLE player

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I think the people who think mahomes is better are smoking crack. Wilson has been doing it since day one. The best backyard football player ever. Mahomes has a coach who masterminded offensive spacing. Watch their games. Fully. Kelce is constantly open, hill, Watkins, hardman, all of their running backs. In consecutive plays. Mahomes throws to open targets. And its because reid is a offensive genius running multiple wr concepts. Defense not so much. Reid could literally teach a dog to run his offense successfully.

PNW

Reaction score
Russ looked pretty bad against the Giants and was nowhere near the best player in the NFL today.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
PNW":2rqdhong said:
Russ looked pretty bad against the Giants and was nowhere near the best player in the NFL today.

Couldn't get here fast enough.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Rough game. He couldn't lead the comeback. Pass rush got to him today, but he needs to have a clock to throw it away instead of losing 7-12 yards a sack. Those are drive killers, and there were many today.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Of course the haters who literally want Russ to fail are in here instantly. He is still the best player in the league. Just had a bad game. 8-4, haters.

Mizak

Reaction score
Welshers":ebita160 said:
Of course the haters who literally want Russ to fail are in here instantly. He is still the best player in the league. Just had a bad game. 8-4, haters.

He lost to Colt McCoy.

emurri

Reaction score
I think, without a doubt, Russ is the best player in Seahawks history. He has placed this team on his shoulders and won games single handedly. But he is human and will have bad games and today was one of those.

John63

Reaction score
emurri":3v94mc2d said:
I think, without a doubt, Russ is the best player in Seahawks history. He has placed this team on his shoulders and won games single handedly. But he is human and will have bad games and today was one of those.

Agreed the only difference is if he got even a little help we might have won anyway, 6 drops

potatohead33

Reaction score
One of the sacks he had a receiver down the right side that was twelve yards open past the corner. TWELVE YARDS.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Hahahahahha. OMG. can’t get off the floor. Holy shit this is a Fire take. this is like saying the Hawks could lose 5 games in a row.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":wizqk5bv said:
emurri":wizqk5bv said:

Agreed the only difference is if he got even a little help we might have won anyway, 6 drops
John, been meaning to ask you, do you ever have any issues with the coaching staff and their game plan? Serious question.

kf3339

Reaction score
Welshers":2nz17167 said:
Bar none. Statistics be damned. He may finish second in the MVP race to Mahomes, but he is the best player. Mahomes is in a very different offensive scheme with a team that had been consistently winning before him and that also won some games last year with him injured.

The Chiefs had four straight winning seasons before Mahomes was drafted. The Seahawks had four straight losing seasons before Wilson was drafted.

Where would the Seahawks be without Wilson? Wilson was rated #2 in the NFL top 100 by his peers this year behind only Lamar. And Lamar has fell off hard. Wilson is the best player in the National Football League and he is on our team. We may win it all.

NO, He's not the best player. Not even close.

Zap90

Reaction score
People that think Russ is ahead of Rodgers are just very delusional