Russell Wilson: 11/21

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":1poqhur8 said:
Anthony!":1poqhur8 said:
According to the stats Rodgers was under siege 24 of his 42 att that is 57% and he had 18 attempt snot under siege. Rw was under siege 19 of his 27 attempts for 70% and only 8 no under siege. There you have it

What stats??? PFF had him under pressure on 39.4% of his passing snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/r ... eahawks-9/

Also, even when Rodgers is under siege, the packers still find ways to make plays... wonder what's missing in our offense.

ESPN had the stats so go blame them, but be sure to pay first and again Rw made some plays under siege too, but when you only get 27 attempts compared to 42 there are not as many chances. FYI PFF defines under duress as hit or sacked, ESPN adds hurries as it also impacts plays, example the throw to Lockett, RW had to throw earlier than he wanted because he was about to get hit, and as a result, it was an incompletion. They also don't count anything outside the pocket, being flushed from the pocket and throw aways which is usually do to avoid a sack so you would be under duress.

As to whats missing it is simple to play calling and design and a refusal by the coaching staff to go with what works the uptempo.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3lqj2ye5 said:
Vpk0718":3lqj2ye5 said:
He's running for his life every snap. Put the blame where it belongs.

Like a dog thats been beat too much, he could have GB,s Oline and he would still run.

Sadly I think there's some truth to this.

He's not the same player of a few years ago.

Hoping things smooth out for him and the entire offense but today's game only made previous concerns more relevant than ever.

Anthony!

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1zpnii41 said:
Vpk0718":1zpnii41 said:

Like a dog thats been beat too much, he could have GB,s Oline and he would still run.

LOL yeah probably not

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3uftj9tj said:
400WattHPSHawk":3uftj9tj said:
Vpk0718":3uftj9tj said:

Hoping things smooth out for him and the entire offense but today's game only made previous concerns more relevant than ever.

Only to you and anyone who was not watching the disaster that is our oline

mrt144

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3b21x0yp said:
Vpk0718":3b21x0yp said:

This will be wild speculation until the day he actually has an O line resembling that. Rarely has he ever had controlled chaos around him like the Packers OL provides for Rodgers. If you think pressures allowed to Rodgers and to Wilson are categorically similar, then I don't think you are watching with both eyes open.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
semiahmoo":2rgk47hs said:
400WattHPSHawk":2rgk47hs said:
Vpk0718":2rgk47hs said:

I wonder if Russ was looking for the ghost of Kearse today as well. Hmmm? I mean they did play and practice together up until last weekend for RWs entire career.

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":mnxjwrmu said:
Vpk0718":mnxjwrmu said:
That's not really true. Have some perspective. RW's jersey was A LOT cleaner than Rodgers today.

Rodgers had a lot of coverage sacks and later pressure. RW had half the time and half the snaps

Foghawk

Reaction score
mrt144":28x1gveg said:
400WattHPSHawk":28x1gveg said:
Vpk0718":28x1gveg said:

This will be wild speculation until the day he actually has an O line resembling that. Rarely has he ever had controlled chaos around him like the Packers OL provides for Rodgers. If you think pressures allowed to Rodgers and to Wilson are categorically similar, then I don't think you are watching with both eyes open.

Yep, our OLinemen constantly lose engagement rather quickly (chip block :roll: ) where GB's OLinemen typically maintain engagement as they are being pushed back into pocket. There is quite a bit of borderline/outright holding by GB, but it seems to workout for them none the less.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Foghawk":3tk3yc5r said:
mrt144":3tk3yc5r said:
400WattHPSHawk":3tk3yc5r said:
Vpk0718":3tk3yc5r said:

Yep, our OLinemen constantly lose engagement rather quickly (chip block :roll: ) where GB's OLinemen typically maintain engagement as they are being pushed back into pocket. There is quite a bit of borderline/outright holding by GB, but it seems to workout for them none the less.

I saw that old RW engine spark a little before the half. I saw a player trying his damn best to get some points before the 3rd quarter. It was organic. He did what he had to do. Why was this type of play okay in 2012-2014 allowed but now there is some type of conversion going on.

I am sure many have watched a lot or RW's college highlights. If you haven't you should. The guy is a natural playmaker. His first 3 years here were enigmatic. Why are we trying to change him? Let this man be what he is.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Wilson is broken, at least at the moment. Looks a bit gun shy, and looked hesitant to take running lanes. Rodgers looked more like Wilson today. He was pressured all day, but he left a lot of plays on the field. He doesn't look nearly as decisive as he was in his first few years. I hope he has not been Carr'd.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hilarious. He's running for his life and having to throw the ball away to avoid sacks. But yeah, let's look at the completion percentage. :2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":nx6efbk0 said:
/quote]

His line sucks, but he has also been bailing from phantom pressure and running into sacks for his whole career. It just comes with the territory with the way he plays (you can't really get his magic without this downside to it).

I think it's more readily apparent these days because the Hawks are giving him less gimmick passes (i.e. step and throw passes that essentially function as outside run plays) than they were in his first two years or so, but he's doing what he's always done.

FWIW last night the Packers line was down three starter from last year. They're not as bad as the Hawks Oline but they're far from great (part of that too was the dominance of the Hawks d-line though, as even with all of Rodgers' magic in the pocket he still was sacked, hit and hurried more than Wilson last night because the Hawks D-line is that damn good).

Latest posts