Russell Wilson: #17 on NFL's Top-100

Crizilla

Reaction score
NFL.com writers really dropped the ball on this list. Palmer at 12 but Wilson at 17? Really? Palmer has 1 playoff win.

OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone really cares about this list. Multiple players have said that they've never voted and neither has anyone they've talked to. My theory is that they get the list from the 20 or so people they have on camera and massage the rest.

It's dumb and is a bad list regardless of where Wilson or Sherman or anyone else are.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sports fans are obsessed with lists. Can't get enough of them. They only have the meaning we give them, which makes them incredibly important for reasons I sort of understand but not completely.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Let Arizona and Carolina enjoy their place on the list, we have Russ and a trophy. And a future.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Crizilla":3dsih0oc said:
NFL.com writers really dropped the ball on this list. Palmer at 12 but Wilson at 17? Really? Palmer has 1 playoff win.

Writers don't pick this list, it's a list chosen by NFL players. So the blame goes to Russell's peers not giving him enough respect.

A

Anonymous

I've heard them discuss how the list is compiled on air at NFL Network before. Can't remember if it was Total Access, or on one of the earlier-run Reaction Shows, but they did touch on it during the open each episode,

Provided they ballot at least 100 stand-outs from 2015, (from all 32) those 3.1 guys for each team is fine for ranking purposes. Why do we need the backup OT trying to rank a wide receiver? He didn't cover him.

This year we have Tyrann Mathieu (Honey Badger) from the Cards, T.Y. Hilton and that punter from Indy, Ike Taylor, Von Miller, Sherman, Terrence Williams, etc. etc. etc.. All key players. If the ballots are filled out (and the commentary is being given by) the actual guys that were charged with covering the ranked players on the field as an opponent, I'm cool with the results.

Russell dropping a few spots this year means nothing to me, as now more Hawks are being thought of as special by opponents than last year. Doug being thought of as Top-100 makes up for it. The top 10 will be a shakeup too.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Russ didn't drop a few spots, he rose a few. Sherm was the one who dropped.
No matter, I know their value and wouldn't trade either one for any at their positions in the NFL.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I can't wait for Josh Norman to fall flat on his ass in washington. It is laughable that he is so high. Better than sherman? Reevis? My ass.

Smoke

Reaction score
Crizilla":23svru0x said:

This is about how players performed last year, and if my memory serves me correct I think Russ only had one playoff win last year as well....

In my heart Russ is number one.

A

Anonymous

Seahwkgal":yvpsmavs said:
No matter, I know their value and wouldn't trade either one for any at their positions in the NFL.

You're correct on that, I just fully expected a top-5 showing for Russ, not the 17-spot.

Could have made that more clear in my post. Apologies.

:mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
Lists like these tend to be heavily influenced by reputation. Rather than view this list as inaccurate analysis, I view it as a semi-accurate reputation list with some biases for pedigree and players who are the flavor of the month.

Wilson is at a disadvantage because he lacks pedigree, and to some extent he is still being held back by the game manager label.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":317saf9k said:
Seahwkgal":317saf9k said:

You're correct on that, I just fully expected a top-5 showing for Russ, not the 17-spot.

Could have made that more clear in my post. Apologies.

:mrgreen:
No need to apologize. :D In all honesty, I was expecting Russ to be higher too. ESPECIALLY higher than Carson "choke" Palmer. :pukeface:
I still feel we have the best young QB in the NFL. :irishdrinkers:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You guys do realize RW was put above two of the QBs who have been named "elite QBs" for years and years: Big Ben, Drew Brees?

I'm psyched, that's awesome.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2vm5xlft said:
You guys do realize RW was put above two of the QBs who have been named "elite QBs" for years and years: Big Ben, Drew Brees?

I'm psyched, that's awesome...

The man did what Aaron Rodgers does with 500+ plus rushing yards. I'm with you girl.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Maulbert":1igetm0l said:
Carson Palmer: 13 seasons, 1-3 playoff record.
Russell Wilson: 4 seasons, 7-3 playoff record.

What a joke. I'll take the 6 extra playoff wins, thanks. Can't wait for glass boy to shatter his hip next year along with the myth that he's a great QB.

The wishing ill for any player is not healthy or what 12's are about

lets credit Carson for 1 playoff win will take the 7 playoff wins for dangeruss

BuZzB28

Reaction score
He is best the playoff and top his leader than all teamns? He will get 20 to 25 millions a year? We can sign him? How much we suggest him how much cost?

Laloosh

Reaction score
BuZzB28":i39wvg5b said:
He is best the playoff and top his leader than all teamns? He will get 20 to 25 millions a year? We can sign him? How much we suggest him how much cost?

:Dunno: