Russell Wilson: #17 on NFL's Top-100

Smellyman

Reaction score
With Carolina's schedule Russell would rush for 1500 and pass for 5000 with 79 TDs

exaggerating a little.

Cakewalk

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":1qq06v2e said:
Not out of the gate thus the stumble, with Williams at CB as well, be nice if some people would look at context instead of trying to just jump with a argument for arguments sake, once healthy and LOB able to play their game we came back strong, we also suffered the learning curve of Richard being DC early on.

I don't mean to pick a fight with you, but I am disagreeing with your characterizations.

Did the defense really stumble out of the gate? Our points defense in the first half of the season was nearly identical to the second half (17.5 PPG vs. 17.1). We had some pretty good defensive performances in the first half of the season, including the only shut out of the season and holding two other teams (Cowboys and Niners) without a touchdown. If the defense stumbled during that period of time, it was in our inability to protect 4th quarter leads, and IMO our offense, including Russell, was nearly as much to blame for that issue as the defense.

I wouldn't say that Cam had "stellar" defense. Peyton Manning had stellar defense, and it showed big time in the SB. Cam had a very good defense, just like Russell did. The defense was no less of an advantage for Russell as it was for Cam.

Again, not picking a fight, just disagreeing with your rationalizations. IMO the only reason Cam got the MVP was because at the time the vote was taken, he was the best player on the best team in the league that had an incredible regular season. There aren't too many 15-1 or better seasons in the record books, so naming him MVP was a nod to that achievement.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Laloosh":1c7biscl said:
BuZzB28":1c7biscl said:
He is best the playoff and top his leader than all teamns? He will get 20 to 25 millions a year? We can sign him? How much we suggest him how much cost?

:Dunno:

If you cant answer then we can trade him other team or let him to walk away here? Wilson is best the quartback top 5 league. If we can sign him for 20 to 25 millions a year. Wilson is not cheap. He is best to leader his team.

Pay the man!!!!

Pay the man!!!

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
BuZzB28":2r6y75ex said:
Laloosh":2r6y75ex said:
BuZzB28":2r6y75ex said:
He is best the playoff and top his leader than all teamns? He will get 20 to 25 millions a year? We can sign him? How much we suggest him how much cost?

If you cant answer then we can trade him other team or let him to walk away here? Wilson is best the quartback top 5 league. If we can sign him for 20 to 25 millions a year. Wilson is not cheap. He is best to leader his team.

Pay the man!!!!

Pay the man!!!

Stop saying we. You're a Niner fan, and you're not fooling anyone. If you want to post here, fine, but don't treat us like idiots. Plus, at least do your homework. Wilson was extended last year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":2naz7563 said:
If this list is based strictly on the 2015 season, then I can certainly understand Russell dropping a few slots, and frankly am surprised that he didn't slide further. We tend to forget that he played well below par, at least from what we've come to expect from him, in the first 9 games. We forget how we blew so many 4th quarter leads, how our red zone production was worst in the league, and how many sacks he took, many of which were on him.

His performance in the last 7 games were fantastic and offset much of the first 9.

His playoff performance was a mixed bag, highlighted by that fantastic play in Minnesota that led to our winning FG and lowlighted by his first half performance in the Carolina game.

well other than disagreeing with you on a few things. one he did not drop a few slots, 2 his first half of the year was not bad. In fact in his first 8 games he only had 2 games with a Qb rating below 90 and none below 80. Compared to say the supposed MVP who had 5 games in his first 8 with QB rating below 80 and 2 below 70. So Wilson was not bad at all in the first half he got little help form his oline, and running game though and the defense gave up a lot of leads in the 4th qtr. What make it seem like he did not do great was that fact his 2nd half of the season was so over the top other worldly.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":1ley79e2 said:
chris98251":1ley79e2 said:
Not out of the gate thus the stumble, with Williams at CB as well, be nice if some people would look at context instead of trying to just jump with a argument for arguments sake, once healthy and LOB able to play their game we came back strong, we also suffered the learning curve of Richard being DC early on.

I don't mean to pick a fight with you, but I am disagreeing with your characterizations.

Did the defense really stumble out of the gate? Our points defense in the first half of the season was nearly identical to the second half (17.5 PPG vs. 17.1). We had some pretty good defensive performances in the first half of the season, including the only shut out of the season and holding two other teams (Cowboys and Niners) without a touchdown. If the defense stumbled during that period of time, it was in our inability to protect 4th quarter leads, and IMO our offense, including Russell, was nearly as much to blame for that issue as the defense.

I wouldn't say that Cam had "stellar" defense. Peyton Manning had stellar defense, and it showed big time in the SB. Cam had a very good defense, just like Russell did. The defense was no less of an advantage for Russell as it was for Cam.

Again, not picking a fight, just disagreeing with your rationalizations. IMO the only reason Cam got the MVP was because at the time the vote was taken, he was the best player on the best team in the league that had an incredible regular season. There aren't too many 15-1 or better seasons in the record books, so naming him MVP was a nod to that achievement.

So the team is supposedly built on defense, our head coach has said he wants a lead going into the 4th and the Defense on the field, but its the offenses fault for those 4th qtr lead collapses LOL. It is interesting how the offense and Wilson can always be blamed without a but meaning only them, but not the defense by some. Our defense gave up more 4th qtr leads in the first half of the season than any other in the league. In some cases they gave up the lead and left no time for the offense to come back. LOL I mean 13 points in 7 minutes ring a bell.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":1i21xnk3 said:
So the team is supposedly built on defense, our head coach has said he wants a lead going into the 4th and the Defense on the field, but its the offenses fault for those 4th qtr lead collapses LOL. It is interesting how the offense and Wilson can always be blamed without a but meaning only them, but not the defense by some. Our defense gave up more 4th qtr leads in the first half of the season than any other in the league. In some cases they gave up the lead and left no time for the offense to come back. LOL I mean 13 points in 7 minutes ring a bell.

First off, I said that the offense has "nearly" as much to blame as the defense does for our 4th quarter collapses in the first half of the season.

Secondly, when you have a 3 score lead going into the 4th quarter like we did against Cincinnati, or a two score game with 10 minutes left and the ball like we did against Carolina, you damn right that the offense has a large part in protecting that lead.

randomation

Reaction score
No if you can't protect a 3 score lead that is large part on the D especially how they gave up the lead.

RiverDog

Reaction score
randomation":axws0fqs said:
No if you can't protect a 3 score lead that is large part on the D especially how they gave up the lead.

I agree, but you'll have to go back and read what Anthony conveniently overlooked in my original remarks. I said that Russell and the offense were "nearly" as much to blame as the offense for our 4th quarter melt downs in the first part of the season. If you want me to put a number on it, I'll say 60% defense, 40% offense.

In the Cincy game, the way we got that three score 4th quarter lead was on a defensive touchdown. It's hard to lay complete blame the D for giving up 3 4th quarter scores when they were directly responsible for one of those scores while the offense didn't do squat, even had two opportunities in OT but punted on both possessions. Same goes for our special teams play in the 1st Rams game, and the way the defense bailed us out in the Lions game by forcing a fumble in a game where they held our opponent to just 10 points. The offense largely sucked in our first 8 games last season, and Russell was a part of that.

The biggest difference in the 2nd half of the season was that the offense finally got their act together and started scoring. The defense was relatively consistent in both halves of the season, giving up an almost identical number of points.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RiverDog":orsai54y said:
randomation":orsai54y said:

I agree, but you'll have to go back and read what Anthony conveniently overlooked in my original remarks. I said that Russell and the offense were "nearly" as much to blame as the offense for our 4th quarter melt downs in the first part of the season. If you want me to put a number on it, I'll say 60% defense, 40% offense.

In the Cincy game, the way we got that three score 4th quarter lead was on a defensive touchdown. It's hard to lay complete blame the D for giving up 3 4th quarter scores when they were directly responsible for one of those scores while the offense didn't do squat, even had two opportunities in OT but punted on both possessions. Same goes for our special teams play in the 1st Rams game, and the way the defense bailed us out in the Lions game by forcing a fumble in a game where they held our opponent to just 10 points. The offense largely sucked in our first 8 games last season, and Russell was a part of that.

The biggest difference in the 2nd half of the season was that the offense finally got their act together and started scoring. The defense was relatively consistent in both halves of the season, giving up an almost identical number of points.

Seems pretty unfair to hold Wilson accountable to protecting leads and no one else. That defense is where the bulk of our money is spent and does not include any unit remotely close to the quality of the O-line. In fact we have one pro bowler on offense and it was Wilson.

Expecting Wilson to perform miracles each and every down is pretty unrealistic especially considering the supporting cast he had to accomplish said miracles.

The defense early in the year was making adjustments on the fly trying to figure out how to stop the melt downs. The offense didn't make an adjustment until game 9 and then exploded.

To me this seems pretty simple. If your offense can get you a lead then it is on the defense to hold it. That goes double when you consider the amount of talent spread throughout that defense and the key contributors lost on offense.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BuZzB28":2rew6e90 said:
Laloosh":2rew6e90 said:
BuZzB28":2rew6e90 said:

Pay the man!!!!

Pay the man!!!

Wilson is maaaannnnnn!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2x485lhu said:
RiverDog":2x485lhu said:
randomation":2x485lhu said:

Seems pretty unfair to hold Wilson accountable to protecting leads and no one else. That defense is where the bulk of our money is spent and does not include any unit remotely close to the quality of the O-line. In fact we have one pro bowler on offense and it was Wilson.

Expecting Wilson to perform miracles each and every down is pretty unrealistic especially considering the supporting cast he had to accomplish said miracles.

The defense early in the year was making adjustments on the fly trying to figure out how to stop the melt downs. The offense didn't make an adjustment until game 9 and then exploded.

To me this seems pretty simple. If your offense can get you a lead then it is on the defense to hold it. That goes double when you consider the amount of talent spread throughout that defense and the key contributors lost on offense.

You obviously didn't read my entire post. Even within the quote of mine that you copied, I said that the defense bears 60% of the blame for not being able to hold leads. Now how can you say that I'm holding Wilson accountable for not protecting leads and no one else? Heck, I even said that the offense, not necessarily Russell, was responsible for the remaining 40%.

I really wish that some of you folks would actually read what I write instead of buying a snippet from someone else.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RiverDog":1rgm07cx said:
RichNhansom":1rgm07cx said:
RiverDog":1rgm07cx said:
randomation":1rgm07cx said:

You obviously didn't read my entire post. Even within the quote of mine that you copied, I said that the defense bears 60% of the blame for not being able to hold leads. Now how can you say that I'm holding Wilson accountable for not protecting leads and no one else? Heck, I even said that the offense, not necessarily Russell, was responsible for the remaining 40%.

The only individual player you called out was Wilson.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3q00bd88 said:
The only individual player you called out was Wilson.

Tell me: Who is the subject of this thread? Start a thread about Kam Chancellor or Cary Williams and I'll call them out.

Boycie

Reaction score
BuZzB28":1j5ju5ng said:
Laloosh":1j5ju5ng said:
BuZzB28":1j5ju5ng said:

Pay the man!!!!

Pay the man!!!

Mario Migilini is that you?