Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara

hawknation2015

Reaction score
erik2690":1634h007 said:
You respond way too quick lol, you didn't even get to include my 2nd paragraph edit in your quote. Damn your fast responses

Yeah, I can't say I can agree with much in that second paragraph. Once a contract is actually done, I think the scrutiny will be turned down quite a bit. Everyone in Seattle will be in his corner at that point, even if they feel like he demanded too much. Divisiveness and uncertainty breeds more media scrutiny. A contract extension would eliminate nearly all of the uncertainty.

erik2690

Reaction score
hawknation2015":21pwi3y1 said:
erik2690":21pwi3y1 said:
You respond way too quick lol, you didn't even get to include my 2nd paragraph edit in your quote. Damn your fast responses

Yeah, I can't say I can agree with much in that second paragraph. Once a contract is actually done, I think the scrutiny will be turned down quite a bit. Everyone in Seattle will be in his corner at that point, even if they feel like he demanded too much. Divisiveness and uncertainty breeds more media scrutiny. A contract extension would eliminate nearly all of the uncertainty.

Yes, probably. The jump you are making with very little circumstantial evidence is that scrutiny will equal poorer play. That's where I disagree. I see no evidence that the guys on the team will play down under scrutiny or pressure. I'm just not buying until I see otherwise that the media still wanting to talk contract will affect play to any nominal degree. I assume scrutiny would be lessened a bit w/ contract. I also don't agree that fans are going to be angsty and not behind Wilson w/ no contract if they are playing well. And if they're playing bad, he would get scrutiny whether it's from no contract or too much money from a newly signed contract. It again all circles back to playing well in my mind and I just don't see this direct link that you seem to. We'll see. Pretty hard to prove or know at this point.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Good morning,
I've read or skimmed every post in this thread. I think there's a lot of honesty and I appreciate about 95% of what has been said. If one doesn't really care to know "why abstinence" and if that is one's attitude from the outset, you'll likely never be satisfied with any reason you read or hear for it.

I hesitate to get into this conversation because I'm certainly no angel. But, the reality is (and in all seriousness) that none of us are. If that is our view of ourselves, we are our own God - meaning, we measure up to our own standard. Another reason I hesitate to get into this is that it's a conversation about morality... NOT religion. Many simply lump morality in with religion because they think morality IS religion. I am a professing Christian and I will say that Christians are not (or should not) be mere moralists. Christianity is not focused on oneself, it's focused on the life of Christ. It's about HIS morality, not our own (a "foreign righteousness", not "self righteousness".) Now, to discuss any further, I agree would be more appropriate in the other forum out of respect for the rules of the board.

Having said all this... if anyone is interested in "why abstinence", you might find answers (whether you like or agree with them or not) here: http://www.acgreen.com/
A.C. Green gets put on a pedestal. He's no angel either. But, there's aspects of his life that warrant the admiration he earned. I think there's too much emphasis personal morality (vs. trusting in the only morality of one certain other - which is the basis for Christianity's "saving" faith.) Still, there's good stuff here and worthy of our attention. Morality should be championed from the perspective that it doesn't depend on measuring up to perfection. Too, just because we're not perfect in no way suggests we're all at liberty to just lead immoral lives with the lazy excuse that "we're not perfect." Longer conversation.

On his teammates trying to break his resolve…
Initially his teammates in the NBA didn’t believe that he was waiting till marriage. Of this, A.C. says “But as time went on, when the guys saw some consistency to the way I was handling my life, they gradually came to accept it, to the point where some asked me to talk to sons and daughters”.

Miami Heat teammate Anthony Mason on A.C. Green…
“You would think of [A.C.] as a goody-two-shoes from the outside looking in. It was something to make fun of when you weren’t there, but to see it up close, to see how his life has benefited, you realize that’s the way you’re supposed to live.”

Edit: I forgot to add that I don't agree RW is sharing very personal info here. He's stating a position, not details. His life is in the limelight and under the microscope. We admire these athletes way too much and there are those who stalk these athletes in every city looking to have sex. Lookup what A.C. Greens' Lakers teammates did - they had a bet that Green would fail within 2 months and they had a pool of money he could have if he didn't. So, in a way... making a public statement as a public figure is a way to say, "I'm off limits." Certainly some may still try.

Many will have their opinions of his life (including his divorce) and will judge. We ALL "judge"/assess each other (like it or not.) There's a difference between judging/discernment vs. being judgmental. I wish more about RW's divorce could be known (even though I agree there's a personal side of it to respect) so that perhaps his actions might be better understood by the public since he is a public figure (like it or not.) Some just want to smear him.

We're left to judge the man (again, we all do) on his character with that as an apparent blemish. (We don't see his former wife in the public eye, so I don't mean to communicate a lack of care about her.) There's a lot about RW's life that is worthy of the proper type of admiration. Divorce is aweful - it rips lives apart. No one gets married with a planned divorce in the future. Personally, I'm amazed at the resolve of RW.

Go Hawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People love to bring others down. It is what it is, they flat out want Russ to be more "human" in their eyes. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess. Maybe people should worry more about themselves, and not spend so much time worrying about something they have no control over.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good stuff SoulfishHawk.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
misfit":2zpnljes said:
JAGHAWK":2zpnljes said:
Hasselbeck":2zpnljes said:
Jon Ryan would be all up in that.

Just sayin'

#Ryan4QB #TradeRuss #DualThreat

Jon already has a babe of a fiance.

Sarah Colonna >>>> Ciara

:177692:

Judging by your avatar, I'm not surprised by your reaction. lol

nrayorr

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1wyrysjo said:
Just to make things clear and out in the open, i'd like you all to know that I too am practicing abstinence with Ciara.

:p
Now that's funny!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pnsnla5 said:
People love to bring others down. It is what it is, they flat out want Russ to be more "human" in their eyes. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess. Maybe people should worry more about themselves, and not spend so much time worrying about something they have no control over.

It's human nature to ask questions, be confused and criticize behavior that seems out of the norm for most people.

That's all this is, what Russell said is odd to me and doesn't make a lot of sense for a 25 year old divorced man discussing abstinence in relation to becoming closer to God.

I think we all love Russell, and he seems like a really moral upstanding person...........but when people put their faith or opinions about morality out there, they're going to be criticized and judged.

LTH

Reaction score
Ya know the guy is a QB... he is not a god... he is not madonna... half you guys just slobber all over his shoes... who cares who he sleeps with... what ever man.. LOL

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Slobber? Nah, just opinions. He hasn't done a thing wrong, yet he's branded as Satan. Oh well. He's not perfect, nor should anyone expect him to be. He's just a hell of a football player and the leader of the team, who is trying to do what every player in the league does......get a big contract.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3v61m02l said:
LymonHawk":3v61m02l said:
DirtyDave":3v61m02l said:
from 50 cent to cam to a number of others.. sounds like russ might be doing some spelunking when the time comes. she is well used.

What? Here's a secret; That 'thang' doesn't wear out! It'll be good for years to come. (Double entendre from a tuck position.)

This is the wrong forum or I'd add some more words on the subject.
It definitely is and I'd move it. Except you speak truth and I trust you will leave off this line of discussion without me treating you like a boy by making that decision for you?

There's no reason for you to make threats! :les:

rideaducati

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2vwjvuxm said:
MizzouHawkGal":2vwjvuxm said:
It definitely is and I'd move it. Except you speak truth and I trust you will leave off this line of discussion without me treating you like a boy by making that decision for you?

She can threaten me with a good time anytime she wants.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2o7hau4y said:
LymonHawk":2o7hau4y said:
MizzouHawkGal":2o7hau4y said:

She can threaten me with a good time anytime she wants.

No comment.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of RW's third step after the interception? I'm curious to see how, in fact, he did react to listening to his God.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":v9p942u5 said:
Does anyone have a video of RW's third step after the interception? I'm curious to see how, in fact, he did react to listening to his God.

God said "Russell, unsnap your helmet so you can hear me. I was testing you. Because you're the only "special one" in the entire stadium, and everything's always about you. Oh, and sorry I didn't bless you with a six-pack."

wilsonint.jpg

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":398h4xjm said:
LymonHawk":398h4xjm said:

God said "Russell, unsnap your helmet so you can hear me. I was testing you. Because you're the only "special one" in the entire stadium, and everything's always about you. Oh, and sorry I didn't bless you with a six-pack."

wilsonint.jpg

I lol'd

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Russell should retire and spend his sundays focusing on operating a megachurch. Faith first.