Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara

grizbob

Reaction score
Rocket":29ifi3n5 said:
This off-season will go down as the STRANGEST Hawk off-season of all. Hands down, bar none.
So sayeth the shepherd, so sayest the flock.
Amen.

:13: er Amen!!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2110ysb0 said:
nepahawk":2110ysb0 said:
The way I figure is he just calls what I would call a sub-conscious or internal dialogue "God". I haven't experienced "God" talking and am not religious, but I assume they just use God where I would say it's my brain internally communicating ideas. I think of it as a internal dialogue and it seems to be what he is talking about in which it helps sort negative things into future positives, he just calls it God.....?

Let's just hope, God doesn't tell him to quit playing football.

I just hope the next thing God tells Wilson is "Sign your contract extension with your team, for there is more to life than making as much money as you possibly can."

“The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." (1 Timothy 6:9-10).

Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” (Luke 12:15).

"You cannot serve both God and money.” (Matthew 6:24).

Matthew 19:16-22

16 Just then a young man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,' and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Dude is in his backyard right now with a camel and a threading needle. Reports are that there is a lot of spitting, kicking, and grunting...and the camel isn't taking it well, either.

(EDITS: formatting/code)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3s9aqxji said:
hawknation2015":3s9aqxji said:
nepahawk":3s9aqxji said:
The way I figure is he just calls what I would call a sub-conscious or internal dialogue "God". I haven't experienced "God" talking and am not religious, but I assume they just use God where I would say it's my brain internally communicating ideas. I think of it as a internal dialogue and it seems to be what he is talking about in which it helps sort negative things into future positives, he just calls it God.....?

Let's just hope, God doesn't tell him to quit playing football.

I just hope the next thing God tells Wilson is "Sign your contract extension with your team, for there is more to life than making as much money as you possibly can."

“The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." (1 Timothy 6:9-10).

Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” (Luke 12:15).

"You cannot serve both God and money.” (Matthew 6:24).

Matthew 19:16-22

16 Just then a young man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,' and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Dude is in his backyard right now with a camel and a threading needle. Reports are that there is a lot of spitting, kicking, and grunting...and the camel isn't taking it well, either.

LOL

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ptvc1gl said:
Our Man in Chicago":3ptvc1gl said:

LOL

Me, too! :lol:

I love how apropos this is to RW's looming ginormous contract that could make him one of the wealthiest players alive.

Russ probably believes Deut. 8:18: "But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":fftfj6pc said:
SnoCoHawk":fftfj6pc said:
I've never understood why people who "save themselves" for marriage and then get a divorce suddenly act like it's free-for-all when they're single again. Is sex something special to be shared only within the confines of matrimony, or not? Russell's way makes more sense to me then, say, Jessica Simpson outspokenly waiting until marriage to have sex but then getting a divorce, and having tons of flings and eventually babies outside of marriage.

That being said, I assume Russ is secretly gay or something. :lol I thought Wendy Williams nailed it when she said she didn't believe those two were a couple at all.

1. Is there some rule saying Christians are perfect I haven't seen in the Bible?

2. I suggest you read Corinthians and what God actually said about premarital sex( if you decide to do it you better stay with that person) not that it's strictly forbidden big difference in that tiny detail.

3. Why do you give a fig about what Russell and Ciara do or don't do in the bedroom?

1. I didn't say anything about Christians. I think all the major religions have guidelines about sex outside of marriage, and some people even come to moral conclusions all on their own. What I questioned was why, with some people, once the virginity's gone so is the previous morality.

2. Interesting. If it's not forbidden, then why do some/many devout Christians wait until marriage and say it's because of their faith?

3. I believe the bedroom activities (or lack thereof) is the title and subject of this thread. Should I talk about something else, then? Maybe more contract speculation?

kidhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":lynh809p said:
So, if it was G-d's decision for us to lose the SB, does that let Bevell off the hook?

Bevell is a heathen, so it's still his fault

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I read where Martellus Bennett has been making fun of Russell on his Twitter account. Thank goodness we didn't sign that idiot. One knuckle head Bennett is more than enough.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
from 50 cent to cam to a number of others.. sounds like russ might be doing some spelunking when the time comes. she is well used.

erik2690

Reaction score
DirtyDave":15osngab said:
from 50 cent to cam to a number of others.. sounds like russ might be doing some spelunking when the time comes. she is well used.

Really dude? Okay.

misfit

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3qkh1s8j said:
Hasselbeck":3qkh1s8j said:
Jon Ryan would be all up in that.

Just sayin'

#Ryan4QB #TradeRuss #DualThreat

Jon already has a babe of a fiance.

Sarah Colonna >>>> Ciara

:177692:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
DirtyDave":1i0axspa said:

What? Here's a secret; That 'thang' doesn't wear out! It'll be good for years to come. (Double entendre from a tuck position.)

This is the wrong forum or I'd add some more words on the subject.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LymonHawk":jbe366me said:
DirtyDave":jbe366me said:

What? Here's a secret; That 'thang' doesn't wear out! It'll be good for years to come. (Double entendre from a tuck position.)

This is the wrong forum or I'd add some more words on the subject.
It definitely is and I'd move it. Except you speak truth and I trust you will leave off this line of discussion without me treating you like a boy by making that decision for you?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This intensified scrutiny is just going to continue until this contract gets signed. I really hope this doesn't last into the season, because then I think it could become a distraction for some of the players. The media targets insecurity and instability like sharks detecting blood in the water. If Wilson throws the ball to Jimmy Graham a lot, people will say he is "force feeding" one player, and if he spreads the ball around, they will say he is not utilizing his best weapon.

Every mistake Wilson makes will be severely scrutinized . . . every pass that is off target will be replayed, every missed 3rd down or INT will be derided, every loss will drum up a hundred voices loudly questioning why Wilson wants more money and what effect the uncertainty is having on the team. I'm not looking forward to this possibility, whatsoever. Wilson and his agent are being extremely naive if they don't think a prolonged negotiation will hurt the team or impact his reputation. This is not baseball, remember, it is the intensely scrutinized world of the NFL.

erik2690

Reaction score
hawknation2015":24hnm5h9 said:
This intensified scrutiny is just going to continue until this contract gets signed. I really hope this doesn't last into the season, because then I think it could become a distraction for some of the players. The media targets insecurity and instability like sharks detecting blood in the water. If Wilson throws the ball to Jimmy Graham a lot, people will say he is "force feeding" one player, and if he spreads the ball around, they will say he is not utilizing his best weapon.

Every mistake Wilson makes will be severely scrutinized . . . every pass that is off target will be replayed, every missed 3rd down or INT will be derided, every loss will drum up a hundred voices loudly questioning why Wilson wants more money and what effect the uncertainty is having on the team. I'm not looking forward to this possibility, whatsoever. Wilson and his agent are being extremely naive if they don't think a prolonged negotiation will hurt the team or impact his reputation. This is not baseball, remember, it is the intensely scrutinized world of the NFL.

I felt like the scrutiny last year was pretty intense at several times and they got through it. This isn't like completely foreign territory as far as players not extending before their last year. There's honestly not much evidence it will hurt the team and if they win it won't really hurt reputations during the season. Winning really is a pretty potent cure.

The other path is seemingly just every negative people will say he didn't deserve the money. The negatives of a team at the top of the pile and a player on/looking for big money will always be attention grabbing. I don't think contract vs. no-contract has nearly as much to do with the microscope as playing well vs. playing poorly does and there's not much to suggest those 2 will correlate.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
erik2690":zeihxwmk said:
hawknation2015":zeihxwmk said:

I felt like the scrutiny last year was pretty intense at several times and they got through it. This isn't like completely foreign territory as far as players not extending before their last year. There's honestly not much evidence it will hurt the team and if they win it won't really hurt reputations during the season. Winning really is a pretty potent cure.

The intensity of the scrutiny over this extension is unlike anything we have seen, and it will only increase by an exponential magnitude as we get closer to the season. If a deal does not get done, it could be like last year's Lynch-contract speculation on steroids. Ultimately, I think it did have an effect on the team's focus last October, as they dropped two games amid reports that Marshawn was unhappy and the team was planning to move on from him. And that was only a fraction of the attention these Wilson contract talks have received and will continue to receive. I think it will be more comparable to the crazy level of uncertainty surrounding Santa Clara's Harbaugh-contract speculation last year.

erik2690

Reaction score
You respond way too quick lol, you didn't even get to include my 2nd paragraph edit in your quote. Damn your fast responses