Russell Wilson is #1 in total TDs

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
JGreen79":3nrkzy9a said:
Aros":3nrkzy9a said:
JGreen79":3nrkzy9a said:
I think I remember seeing a stat during the Eagles game, where the Seahawks are undefeated when leading by 10 at the half under Pete Carroll.

Actually I heard it was 4. Which is even more crazy.

You're right. Found the screenshot I sent to my buddy who is an Eagles fan during the game.

47-0 when leading by 4 at the half since Russ came in... Wow...

So you're saying that starting off strong is kind of important then???? :shock:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1evpqbni said:
Jville":1evpqbni said:
NE has a much more disciplined offense.

Much more supportive of successful line play.
That was his whole point....With NE's O-Line, Wilson's numbers would likely be off the charts.

That wasn't what Jville said at all.

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe game plan is to tire out the opponent defense first three quarters...then magic Wilson show begins

Tagline for Seahawks - "Its not how you start but how you finish!"

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Matt Stafford constantly puts up HOF numbers, but without a HOF coaching staff he will be like Barry Sanders... Time to shake up some leadership, or at least bring some new ideas to the table.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2tgxqblw said:
scutterhawk":2tgxqblw said:
Jville":2tgxqblw said:
NE has a much more disciplined offense.

Much more supportive of successful line play.
That was his whole point....With NE's O-Line, Wilson's numbers would likely be off the charts.

Understood ...... My counter was that Wilson will never see a Brady era / NE style offensive line because different quarterback styles beget different offensive lines.

Here's my point...Russell Wilson has proven that he can throw from a formed pocket (second half 2015), but he ADDS a tangent that Brady doesn't, and that's the ability to pull it down and scramble.
+ Here's another point to consider....IF, like many here, Claim, that Darryl Bevell being a detriment to our Offensive schemes, Opening the discussion of replacing our OC with someone who might be more adept at helping to draw up plays that could MAXIMIZE his extraordinary skillset, say, maybe someone like NE's OC?
I keep bringing up 2015 for a good reason, as Wilson was passing from the pocket as good as Brady, or any of the other top Quarterbacks in the game, so he's proven that he still possesses that skillset, and that it appears as though the Coaching has diminished, and for whatever the reasons, (Wilson) can no longer rely on The Offensive Line to get back to the 2015 standards, injuries of 2016 shows the O-Line came undone.
I don't know if it's all on Bevell, or a culmination of Pete, Bevell & Cable, but things have only gotten worse, in that aspect of the Offensive schemes.
We no longer have a Running Backs Coach, and I believe that the Run game has suffered for it...The lousy RB numbers this Season supports that too.

Seafan

Reaction score
We'll always have that and the fact he was the 3/4 season MVP. That and $5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

The only stat that matters is Ws. And even 10 wins doesn't guarantee anything this season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Wilson's stats would go DOWN with a more capable team, which would result in more wins. He's a great talent being wasted right now by a tepid supporting cast, crap coaching, and a team rotting from the inside out.

I'll say it again - he has a 3-5 season window remaining to take us back to the promised land. After that, given his style of play and the punishment he's already taken, that window will start to close fast.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seafan":34kpetoy said:
We'll always have that and the fact he was the 3/4 season MVP. That and $5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

The only stat that matters is Ws. And even 10 wins doesn't guarantee anything this season.

TRUE!

getnasty

Reaction score
hawknation2017":effzkk5d said:
Wilson is also #3 in total yards (passing + scrimmage).

#1 Tom Brady (4,387 passing yards + 28 rushing yards)
#2 Alex Smith (4,042 passing yards + 355 rushing yards)
#3 Russell Wilson (3,762 passing yards + 550 rushing yards)
#4 Ben Roethlisberger (4,251 passing yards + 47 rushing yards)
#5 Matthew Stafford (4,123 passing yards + 96 rushing yards)

Alex Smiths putting up numbers makes everyone else look rather unimpressive.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not sure Russ would put up better numbers with a better OL. Saying he can pass out of the pocket because we seen it at the end of 2015 is like saying Thomas Rawls can be a capable RB because we seen him do it for a stretch in 2015. I'd be willing to bet his passer rating goes up the longer he holds the ball but that just a pure guess.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
getnasty":2a9q3391 said:
hawknation2017":2a9q3391 said:

Or, Alex Smith could be having a great season. I'd love to have Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and THAT offensive coaching staff under Andy Reid. Russell would flourish

Jville

Reaction score
Wilson is riding a two week slump.

I'm hoping he can bounce back and finish.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jville":u9sq69il said:

Not sue I agree a 107 QB rating, 66% complt 2 tds no ints. He only has 21 attemtps. But by no means a bad game.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":tcld728x said:
Jville":tcld728x said:

Not sue I agree a 107 QB rating, 66% complt 2 tds no ints. He only has 21 attemtps. But by no means a bad game.

Don't forget he had 98% of our 126 yards too. Might have been his best game of the year.

Gio

Reaction score
Too bad they ain't gonna give him the MVP due to our bad record...

+ this guy doesn't get the recognition he deserves , 1 hell of game and he's a special QB , 1 bad game and he's too short , is he worth the money he gets?

getnasty

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3i0dd30t said:
getnasty":3i0dd30t said:
hawknation2017":3i0dd30t said:

Or, Alex Smith could be having a great season. I'd love to have Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and THAT offensive coaching staff under Andy Reid. Russell would flourish

You lost me at Alex Smith

mrblitz

Reaction score
speaking of new england's o-line, they don't invest a lot into it. instead, they manage to make a patchwork group of guys work really well.

maybe what cable wants to do; it's too complicated; and what bevell wants to do; it's not complicated enough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not how you start, it's how you finish. Coaching needs to be a LOT better in the 1st half of games, period.
What he has done w/so little to work with is unreal. But, you know, he's way too short to do anything in this league :roll:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
mrblitz":2ah2r38m said:
speaking of new england's o-line, they don't invest a lot into it. instead, they manage to make a patchwork group of guys work really well.

maybe what cable wants to do; it's too complicated; and what bevell wants to do; it's not complicated enough.

EXACTLY the Erhardt - Perkins offense that New England runs is SIMPLE for linemen to pick up. Real smash-mouth o-line work. This zone blocking ship has sailed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
32 TD's leads the nfl. 32 TD's with 11 picks, on THIS team, behind THAT O-Line? Pretty damn good.
And for Russ, 11 is actually kind of high. But that is basically a 3 to 1 ratio, hard to complain about that.