Russell Wilson - MVP Discussion

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2yujcd3d said:
rain7":2yujcd3d said:
Wilson is not on discount double checks level - put down the bottle if you think that. If Rodgers was on this team, we're easily a 14 win team, simple as that.

Wilson is a still a stud though, perhaps proving himself to be a top 5 qb in his 3rd year is incredibly impressive.

Rodgers is 1, Brady a tad bit behind and a drop off to whoever 3 is.

We could of easily been a 14 win team this year with Wilson as well. KC and St. Lois games come to mind, those games were just bad officiating against our guys.

Its interesting on a team geared around him, with much better WRs, and a much better oline and a very very good RB, playing an easier schedule and yet Rodgers could not even get his own team to 14 wins. Sounds to me the guy telling us to put the bottle down should head his own advice.

The other interesting thing is while I have fully admitted Rodgers is great, and is deserving of being in the MVP race and talk and would not be outraged if he won it. Neither of the 2 guys touting Rodgers even acknowledge Wilson being in the talk. Of all the guys being talked about in the MVP race the only ones I would be shocked by is Romo and Luck. A great case can be made for all the others; Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Wilson, Watt and Murray. But these 2 just refuse to even acknowledge that Wilson deserves to be in the running.

OP
OP
TXHawk

TXHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":16vurzq3 said:
I'm curious...how does a QB become a contender for MVP when he wasn't even voted into the Pro Bowl?

Last year Richard Sherman wasn't selected to the Pro Bowl but was named 1st Team All Pro a couple of weeks later. The Pro Bowl selection process always produces some goofy results.

rain7

Reaction score
Anthony!":29v2j6jo said:
theincrediblesok":29v2j6jo said:
rain7":29v2j6jo said:
Wilson is not on discount double checks level - put down the bottle if you think that. If Rodgers was on this team, we're easily a 14 win team, simple as that.

Wilson is a still a stud though, perhaps proving himself to be a top 5 qb in his 3rd year is incredibly impressive.

We could of easily been a 14 win team this year with Wilson as well. KC and St. Lois games come to mind, those games were just bad officiating against our guys.

Its interesting on a team geared around him, with much better WRs, and a much better oline and a very very good RB, playing an easier schedule and yet Rodgers could not even get his own team to 14 wins. Sounds to me the guy telling us to put the bottle down should head his own

Yeah, because GB's defense is pretty much the same as the Hawks :roll:

6 weeks ago, half this board didn't think he was a top 10 qb, now he's the best in the league?

Wilson is elite, period - not sure why some need him to be crowned as the best qb in the league this year

Anthony!

Reaction score
rain7":ocpemv12 said:
Anthony!":ocpemv12 said:
theincrediblesok":ocpemv12 said:
rain7":ocpemv12 said:

Its interesting on a team geared around him, with much better WRs, and a much better oline and a very very good RB, playing an easier schedule and yet Rodgers could not even get his own team to 14 wins. Sounds to me the guy telling us to put the bottle down should head his own

Yeah, because GB's defense is pretty much the same as the Hawks :roll:

6 weeks ago, half this board didn't think he was a top 10 qb, now he's the best in the league?

Wilson is elite, period - not sure why some need him to be crowned as the best qb in the league this year

No I never said their defense was as good as the Hawks, but their oline is much better and their Wr are much better, he played a much easier schedule and is in a passing offense. We know he is Elite and I am fine if he does not win the MVP but some here act like he should not even be being considered because of the al might Rodgers which as I have shown with facts and stats is wrong.

randomation

Reaction score
Watt should get it; without him the Texans likely get Mariotta. But it will be a QB so it should be between Rodgers Brady and WIlson. Luck shouldn't be in the discussion and Romo and Murray cancel each-other out I just don't feel Manning should be in it either but he obviously is.

That said I would laugh my ass off if Russ went off for 400 plus combined to win it after not even being selected to the pro bowl. Which was an absolute travesty to put the turnover machine ahead of him.

Honestly I think Rodgers gets it, but the Buffalo game really hurt him if he has a subpar game against the lions he could drop out of contention and it could honestly be between Brady and Wilson. In which case I still think Brady will get the nod. There is no way the NFL will want an MVP who wasn't even selected to the pro bowl it would be pretty much admitting the majority of our fans are idiots.

Veilside

Reaction score
TXHawk":34z1lndv said:
I'm so tired of the hypothetical arguments about how this player would do if swapped with that player or what would happen if he had more or fewer weapons or a better or worse offensive line or defense. To me these are useless arguments because NOBODY KNOWS! You have to judge players by how they actually perform in the real world, not by how they might perform in an alternate universe.

When you add in Russell Wilson's running totals he is producing nearly as many total yards per game as the top QBs (and more than Tom Brady). Right now, though, I think the main difference is he doesn't turn those yards into touchdowns as often as the top QBs do. A lot of this probably has to do with a lack of true playmakers and red zone targets in his receiver corps but, as I said, you have to judge him based on how he does in the real world and producing touchdowns is the name of the game for an NFL QB. He's getting closer to the elite level but he's not quite there yet. That stretch of mediocre games during midseason also hurts his case, IMO.

I love the fact that he's in the MVP discussion and I do think he'll win it one of these years but I don't think this is the year. I'll happily settle for a second SB ring instead.

This post says it best in my opinion.

This is the 3rd year in a row that he's been in the discussion for a major award (2012 ROTY, 2013 MVP/ SB MVP). His time will come just like it took Brady time to prove his worth. All we have to do is sit back, enjoy and wait for it to happen. I believe his next award is most likely 2014 SB MVP but that's just me.