Russell Wilson: passing problems

SeaChase

Reaction score
pocketprotector":si33xto8 said:
Largent80":si33xto8 said:
Ever have an off day at what you do best?......OK then, forget about it and move on.
There used to be something here that was not per forum guidelines.

The Raiders are the highest level of competition? There 0-7 not 7-0. What's hard to understand is why people are only realizing it now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3o84y1u9 said:
heres a relatively ezmode solution, albeit unpopular...

sit kearse. he's been HORRID this season. hes done almost nothing as a starting receiver. yesterday he had 7 targets... 1 was complete. he does not get off the line well, cannot get separation, and has trouble holding onto the ball (consider going back to last season, where he had the most drops by a mile). either put lockette or better yet, norwood in his place. tired of nobody being open downfield. wilson needs all the help he can get atm.

Yeah I agree with this. Kearse is great on Special Teams and as a depth receiver, but he is not an NFL starting WR. I really wish we could see Norwood more in that spot. Kearse is really hurting the team with his play as a receiver this year.

irocdave

Reaction score
Wow. Post....not the poster...?
RW hasn't looked "right " for most of the 14 season. A post like the above indicates total homerism / un-objective football watching skills and ignorant commenting skillz. RW needs to right his ship. Receivers, especially the tight ends need to catch the dam ball. The OC needs to run the F'ing ball, ALOT. The O line needs to block and do that blocking thing much better on pass plays. And....RW needs to get to the ball accurately, yes ACCURATELY and ON TIME to receivers.

RW is part of the problem this year, why is that taboo to acknowledge? Love the guy and love what he brings to the team, but he isn't perfect and to say so is, well, just ignorant homerism.

SeaChase

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1u8dse1n said:
SeaChase":1u8dse1n said:
pocketprotector":1u8dse1n said:
Largent80":1u8dse1n said:
Ever have an off day at what you do best?......OK then, forget about it and move on.
There used to be something here that was not per forum guidelines..

The Raiders are the highest level of competition? There 0-7 not 7-0. What's hard to understand is why people are only realizing it now.

I see you calling people troll in about ever other post of yours. You should learn how to have a discussion with grown folks. Until then, get off the band wagon and watch some game film.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It's probably simply fatigue.. let's check the pressure readings...

•QB in 3rd year, SB Champ defender, captain.
•Bevell's play calling skills to work with ;)
•New people to work with every week, teach, train, learn about.

Naaaaa, he 's got it pretty easy... huh? :Dunno:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Wow! You can now curse and attack posters in the Main Forum?

I know a lot of posters miss The Radish...but so does this board!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
What's wrong with saying RW had a bad game? He and PC both said so.

I don't see folks saying the "end is near." What I do see is RW apologists attacking posters they disagree with.

DHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2i5t2omb said:
pocketprotector":2i5t2omb said:
DHawk":2i5t2omb said:
Pocketpro, I tend to agree that the whining and general nonsense about Wilson having a down game is the end of the world is getting old. But I didn't see a problem with this thread until you came into it and started attacking posters. I've noticed your snide remarks towards literally every poster who has a differing opinion than you in almost every thread you've been in, and to be honest, I stop reading after you post because it devolves into the same stuff most of the time. I think you should take a chill pill and just let it be. You won't change anything with that attitude.

But thats just my opinion though, just trying to help man.

I don't see folks saying the "end is near." What I do see is RW apologists attacking posters they disagree with.

Nothing wrong with it at all Lymon, its been discussed quite a bit since RW's first incompletion and some folks are *ahem* losing their cool. And nobody is literally saying it, its just sort of implied with some folks' responses/postings in Gameday chat and such. But still, doesn't excuse whats been going on in this thread in my opinion.

AgentDib

Reaction score
.NET could save so much effort this year if everybody just agreed on what parts of the offense are not partly responsible for our passing struggles this year. It's a pretty short list and Wilson isn't on it.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
I think your QB has taken some big hits this year, a couple seem to actually stagger him somewhat, not to mention the guy has been running a lot. Could be injuries and some fatigue, that early bi-week didn't help.

DHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":cvbfyg7r said:
I think your QB has taken some big hits this year, a couple seem to actually stagger him somewhat, not to mention the guy has been running a lot. Could be injuries and some fatigue, that early bi-week didn't help.

Buried in the crap above, I had posted something similar. I think its a combo of all of that. Just a rough go of it for the first 8, really.

Escamillo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3glhuxt6 said:

On the other hand, you seem to be hurling insults at people that disagree with you (make no mistake, "apologist" is a derogatory term and an insult).

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Escamillo":12frzpug said:
LymonHawk":12frzpug said:

On the other hand, you seem to be hurling insults at people that disagree with you (make no mistake, "apologist" is a derogatory term and an insult).

I apologize.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
SeaChase":2zrbwywz said:

Apparently it's also hard to understand "there, they're, and their".

Holy smokes, what's going on here? Wilson wasn't his best but he was far from being incompetent out there. Some of you are speaking as if he played like he just picked up a football last week. Is it really that tough to understand we had a slew of key players out, OAK's D isn't exactly cupcake, and yet we walked away with a win?

Focus on what's important - LYNCH! He commands and requires your sacrificial offerings!! :th2thumbs:

*seriously, he's that good :mrgreen:

SeaChase

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2ronpwmj said:
SeaChase":2ronpwmj said:

Apparently it's also hard to understand "there, they're, and their".

Holy smokes, what's going on here? Wilson wasn't his best but he was far from being incompetent out there. Some of you are speaking as if he played like he just picked up a football last week. Is it really that tough to understand we had a slew of key players out, OAK's D isn't exactly cupcake, and yet we walked away with a win?

Focus on what's important - LYNCH! He commands and requires your sacrificial offerings!! :th2thumbs:

*seriously, he's that good :mrgreen:

My bad, i'ts be-en too semeste'rs sihence I finisheded English twoo. But besides the one grammatical mistake, lets focus on the real issue. The Raiders are 0-7 for a reason. They are the "cupcake" of the NFL. People act like this is the first game Wilson has struggled in. In the game day forum, it was obvious this week that people have not only noticed Wilson's struggles, but are growing tired, concerned, angry, and whatever other emotional reaction they might encounter during the game. However, the discussion has carried over to the main forum for a reason.

Lynch hasn't really looked all that beastly lately either. Like I said previously, I'm happy we won and are 5-3, but barely beating an 0-7 team is concerning. I hope we get some of the injured players back ASP. Although I think Simon is playing better than Maxwell.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pedestrian WR's, Worst oline in the league, raining and he was off leads to a bad game.

Still the best playmaker in the league at the QB position and I shudder to think the record without RW at the helm. .....probbly 3-5, but could be worse.

SeaChase

Reaction score
The O-line is horrendous, but the OC has to know and plan for this. Another thing I noticed is Wilson doesn't seem to have the authority to audible.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
SeaChase":1lzzxoe3 said:
The O-line is horrendous, but the OC has to know and plan for this. Another thing I noticed is Wilson doesn't seem to have the authority to audible.

Yes why does it seem he never calls an audible? I would think he's smart enough to read a defense and change the play at the line of scrimmage.

I think Seattle is hiding their real play calling for the playoffs....lol