Russell Wilson sets deadline for new contract

John63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3rkx12f7 said:
Wilson showing his true colours. If this was about getting Rodgers esque deal it would be done by now.

Trade him to teh Bills, it's New York after all.

Okay please prove were Wilson said anything that as you put it showed his true colors? You can't because he has not, this is all media speculation with little to know proof.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2f8kyhyy said:
UK_Seahawk":2f8kyhyy said:
Wilson showing his true colours. If this was about getting Rodgers esque deal it would be done by now.

Trade him to teh Bills, it's New York after all.

This is all agent related stuff. They do this kind of stuff all the time. Leak things to sportswriters, set deadlines, suggest their star is happy to go elsewhere. I doubt a lot of this comes from the player himself who'd rather do other stuff than keep close tabs on negotiating.

We'll probably never know where Russ wants to go. He's always personally said he was happy in Seattle. But sometimes the grass is always greener.

Nonetheless, we've had a lot of players leave Seattle only to say they hated the organization they went to because Seattle really looks after its players and gives them a positive work environment. Not every organization is like that.

Russ is extremely image conscious.

No way he lets something this ugly (I WONT NEGOTIATE EVER AFTER MIDNIGHT!!) unless there is some truth to it.

It may be his agent leaking all of the NY stuff, but he works for Russ. Calculated Russ is very aware of what is being said and why.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I cant blame Russ for leaving if he does. A career of Bevell and now Shotty is enough to drive any QB mad. That being said, he's a once in a lifetime talent that needs resigned. If not, its back to the drawing board with a coach who will be leaving soon and a return to those 7-9 days leaving the fans wondering what happened and what could and should have been.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9isuj1zw said:
I cant blame Russ for leaving if he does. A career of Bevell and now Shotty is enough to drive any QB mad. That being said, he's a once in a lifetime talent that needs resigned. If not, its back to the drawing board with a coach who will be leaving soon and a return to those 7-9 days leaving the fans wondering what happened and what could and should have been.

I've been saying this the last year +, only difference is I put this on Pete since he is the common denominator behind our putrid offensive strategy. Anyone close to Russell that knows the game would be advising him to run as far as he can from Pete Carroll if he wants to achieve all his potential. Just that simple.

Chapow

Reaction score
John63":323sm9nk said:

From that article,

A few other things, counter to the current rumor mill. I do not believe Wilson is pushing for a trade right now, to the Giants, or anywhere. I believe he wants to work out a deal with Seattle. I believe Wilson wants to know where he stands with the Seahawks long-term, which is one of the reasons why he is pushing hard for a deal to be done now. I believe if the Seahawks do not do a deal by midnight tonight, it doesn’t meant they don’t want Wilson to be their quarterback for the next decade—it just means they’re not willing to set a contractual precedent like tying his contract to how fast, and how high, the cap rises over the life of the deal.

This actually seems like a pretty reasonable take on the whole situation.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":3s6kd0p6 said:
pittpnthrs":3s6kd0p6 said:

I've been saying this the last year +, only difference is I put this on Pete since he is the common denominator behind our putrid offensive strategy. Anyone close to Russell that knows the game would be advising him to run as far as he can from Pete Carroll if he wants to achieve all his potential. Just that simple.

Yeah, run from the guy that orchestrated 2 superbowl appearances in a row and numerous roster purges to put the team in a competitive situation every year including LAST year where everyone predicted doom and gloom, HELLO playoffs.

hawker84

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":12nlnugm said:

Not to mention Carroll

quadsas

Reaction score
So tired of this shit.

That agent is truly a piece of work, I mean good for Wilson, but god damn what a hustler

jammerhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":gxrrgkna said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1117659100869873664[/tweet]

The negotiations are ongoing as the agent is here. I rather doubt that there will be no further negotiations if they aren't quite finished by tonight.

Let's get this done and move forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, even if that 3rd tag jumps way up the average for the next 4 years will still look like a bargain. Especially after we see what Mahomes gets. Now the average with him playing out this year and doing just the two tags, really pretty good for the Hawks overall on average per year.

knownone

Reaction score
I know the Wilson fanboyism is strong in here, but I'll continue to place my faith in Pete and John. If they can't reach a deal with a guy whose agent is using the negotiating tactics of someone who wants to force his way out-of-town then so be it.

Do what is best for the team. Not what is best for Wilson.

Largent80

Reaction score
Deadline passed, and there will be no contract extension this year is my prediction.

The Seahwks hold the cards here and even next year. RW needs to kick back and let this play out.

He is not currently in position to demand Jack Squat, He's under contract and control (cap friendly)for the next 2 years.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1117921315489366016[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":328kpx4o said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1117921315489366016[/tweet]

Well if we know he doesn't plan to stay, and we want to get anything out of letting him leave, I doubt we have him for more than 2 seasons myself. Signing a 2nd tag (for year 3) and expecting a trade partner is not a very likely scenario IMO.