Russell Wilson TD to CJ Spiller breakdown by HawkBlogger

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
byau":1ccaox5n said:
What I find interesting is the two defenders both went with Russell (I'm guessing one linebacker, one safety) which means breakdown in coverage and communication

Earlier in the game, I think on the first or second Jets drive, there was a fantastic play where KJ closed the gap REAL fast on Fitz and sacked him. Fitz had scrambled and rolled left and immediately KJ who had somewhat dropped in coverage left his man and closed the gap on Fitz really fast and sacked him. In one of the replays what you can also see is Earl who started moving to his left, almost at the exact same time KJ bolted for Fitz, Earl bolted for the guy who KJ was dropping into coverage for. i.e. Earl and KJ saw the same thing at the same time and Earl changed direction to cover up that area while KJ went for the QB. Which means, no break down in coverage, non-verbal communication where the guys are on the same page and stay disciplined and know where they're supposed to go, not just everyone go for the QB.
Yes

And very good description on that sack by KJ. Bobby's sack was also impressive, the way he almost shadowed Bennett (was it?) before suddenly exploding into Fitz.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Just show this to anyone, anywhere, anytime, when they start to mumble some horsecrap about Russ being: too short, a game manager, benefited by a great defense, or any other weak, uneducated vomit. Seriously.

#micdrop

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":2voohkvk said:
Just show this to anyone, anywhere, anytime, when they start to mumble some horsecrap about Russ being: too short, a game manager, benefited by a great defense, or any other weak, uneducated vomit. Seriously.

#micdrop
Preach it brotha

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wilson throw that ball across his body while he did a little jump and that ball zipped into Spiller. Wilson's baseball background has helped him tremendously.