Russell Wilson Truck Stick 49ers

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I do have to say, love the hustle, but that was a bad int. and that int. did lose us Okung as he got hurt on the return.

253hawk

Reaction score
Russ didn't make the tackle (Turbo did) but he broke up the convoy and forced Reid to slow up and move away from the sideline.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3116nq95 said:
Lets not forget 64 was hauling ass too. Hell of an athlete Sweezy is.

Yea Sweezy was bombing down there and actually got in front of the play once Russ blew up the blocking. Ballsy move by the QB to knife in there and take out as many guys as possible.

Love the hussle by Turbin. The other nice run on the play was Richardson. That guy had to be the farthest down field, yet he got down there and mixed it up into the blockers at the end as well.

baumer64

Reaction score
Yes, Sweezy was motoring but check out Britt. I kinda wish Turbo had missed him as he cut back because I think Britt would have wiped him out high with Sweezy there to hit him low. They might have broken him in half. Britt was right with Turbo and they both were moving.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3hv1tbkt said:
I do have to say, love the hustle, but that was a bad int. and that int. did lose us Okung as he got hurt on the return.

If you want to play that angle, it also knocked out their best LB which opened up the running game.

;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gpny78x said:
Blitzer88":3gpny78x said:

If you want to play that angle, it also knocked out their best LB which opened up the running game.

;)
If you want to play that angle, it also knocked out Okung, probably for a game or two.

Rocket

Reaction score
Dude(s),

He showed speed and strength and balls and intensity. He didn't "cause" Okung, but he seems to me to have caused Borland and he stopped the frikkin' score.
Not bad for a too-short quarterback.

Then again, there's always someone who finds something that makes them cry, even when we win.
Constant pessimism causes erectile dysfunction... word to the wise.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Brooks didn't take a big shot on Russ. I think he was really shocked when Russ did what he did.

jkitsune

Reaction score
It's a bit corny, and I don't mean to wax poetic, but I thought that play was heroic. I get a bit sentimental just watching it. Wilson cleaned up his own mess, and yes it still cost us points, but it would've been really easy to let that go for a pick-6.

Wife and I screamed when he entered the frame. GET 'EM, RUSS!!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
I can see why both Pete and Russ said the play itself wasn't bad, just the throw. Looking at that all-22 view, if Russ hits Doug on the money, the angle he is running and the defender is leaning gives Doug pretty much no one to stop him from running that into the end zone. 41 might have had a shot, but I think Doug likely would have beaten him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":1cds5dru said:
I can see why both Pete and Russ said the play itself wasn't bad, just the throw. Looking at that all-22 view, if Russ hits Doug on the money, the angle he is running and the defender is leaning gives Doug pretty much no one to stop him from running that into the end zone. 41 might have had a shot, but I think Doug likely would have beaten him.
Is that the same play RW hit Dougie with in the SB?

GFang

Reaction score
jkitsune":29riofvd said:
It's a bit corny, and I don't mean to wax poetic, but I thought that play was heroic. I get a bit sentimental just watching it. Wilson cleaned up his own mess, and yes it still cost us points, but it would've been really easy to let that go for a pick-6.

Wife and I screamed when he entered the frame. GET 'EM, RUSS!!!

Aptly described. While watching it again, I just noticed Wilson actually shoved Brooks (who weighs 260 lbs) into Borland before obliterating Borland and turning around and grabbing Reid's chest as he fell to the ground. That dude was just 20 yards away from scoring, too. Damn, that was one of the most insane and heart-pumping sequences so far this year. Wilson is amazing; we are lucky to have him.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":1q9lct48 said:
RW immediately reconciled his INT by trucking Borland, rendering him broken for the 2nd half, opening up the run game.

[Anthony!]

Russell threw that INT on purpose. He knew Borland needed to be knocked out of the game to open things up for Lynch and Turbin (who really only get their yards due to the passing threat represented by Russell), and he couldn't legally hit Borland in his normal QB play. So he threw the INT so that he could take a shot at Borland on the return. Russell knew that was far more important than 3 points at the end of the half, especially since we would get the ball first in the 2nd half, anyway. He's that smart. We should all petition the NFL to remove that INT from Russell's official stats, as a result. Oh, and it's clear from his perfect form while defending that return that he should probably handle slot duties going forward, too. It's not like Maxwell or Lane would perform any better.

[/Anthony!]