Russell Wilson's game vs the 49ers

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He did well.

Still, it is the 49ers, so you have to balance the effectiveness with the ineffectiveness of the team being played.

Hopefully we can continue this, but he is going to have to play well against the Steelers. We won't be able to rely on the defense to hold them to under 20, so this will be one of those "earn your paycheck" games.

The 49ers is a nice test of what Wilson is capable of doing, now he needs to do it against real competition in a game where we are going to need the offense to win the game for us.

Anthony!

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3uofjt42 said:
strohmin":3uofjt42 said:
I am pretty sure the 49ers tackling had a lot to do with the success of our offense today

This seems to be a problem League wide, everyone seems to try and tackle high and not take out the legs!

A lot of teams you bubble screens and in most cases a tackle must be broken to get any place, difference is we finally started using the right people for these screens, they were done at the right time, as an audible rather than a called in play. So we did id based on a look not a pre called play

Anthony!

Reaction score
ivotuk":xiynbvna said:
FlyingGreg":xiynbvna said:
We ran the ball well and he made good decisions.

He is still missing wide open receivers, but he probably always will. Limitation of his height.

You're like a dog with a bone on this point. How do you know this is fact? Because honestly, I don't see him missing any more receivers than any other QB.

He does not miss any more than any other Qb not to mention he only missed once, some people are always going to try to find something to complain about with regards to Wilson

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anthony!":1q46dyhd said:
had2bhawk":1q46dyhd said:
strohmin":1q46dyhd said:
I am pretty sure the 49ers tackling had a lot to do with the success of our offense today

This seems to be a problem League wide, everyone seems to try and tackle high and not take out the legs!

A lot of teams you bubble screens and in most cases a tackle must be broken to get any place, difference is we finally started using the right people for these screens, they were done at the right time, as an audible rather than a called in play. So we did id based on a look not a pre called play

True that we ran them to the right people but you're not going to see bad tackling like that very often.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jejd91os said:
He did well.

Still, it is the 49ers, so you have to balance the effectiveness with the ineffectiveness of the team being played.

Hopefully we can continue this, but he is going to have to play well against the Steelers. We won't be able to rely on the defense to hold them to under 20, so this will be one of those "earn your paycheck" games.

The 49ers is a nice test of what Wilson is capable of doing, now he needs to do it against real competition in a game where we are going to need the offense to win the game for us.

You do realize he has already shown he can do it. AS long as the oline and OC do their job he and us will be fine. Also lets remember Pitts defense is ranked 23rd and 28th against the Pass and 6th against the run. As long as the oline gives him time, and the game plan allows for outlets, quick passes, audibles we will be fine. IF we go back to the same old play calling and design we had prior to this game we are in trouble. Every QB needs some help. Rodgers had several bad games, now yesterday he played better, why well his oline played better and he had a run game. All Qbs need some help.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Laloosh":3isxb77x said:
Anthony!":3isxb77x said:
had2bhawk":3isxb77x said:
strohmin":3isxb77x said:

True that we ran them to the right people but you're not going to see bad tackling like that very often.

you have not watched a lot of games there is bad tackling in every game, to many defenders more interested in the big hit than wrapping up. It was not just that they were to the right people it was they were called at the right times based on the way the defense lined up, they were all audibles. Pretty simple you have one on one and the defense is playing off they work.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anthony!":3uvae4l1 said:
Laloosh":3uvae4l1 said:

you have not watched a lot of games there is bad tackling in every game, to many defenders more interested in the big hit than wrapping up. It was not just that they were to the right people it was they were called at the right times based on the way the defense lined up, they were all audibles. Pretty simple you have one on one and the defense is playing off they work.

You know, I'm pretty sure that you aren't aware of how many games I have or have not watched. I'm completely aware that timing matters, who is running the screen matters and how the DB lines up matters.

SF's tackling was horrible (like, more horrible than most teams tackle in the NFL). There is a reason that it was brought up. It's alright for some of us to have our own opinions, right?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Laloosh":3ooci5d7 said:
Anthony!":3ooci5d7 said:
Laloosh":3ooci5d7 said:

You know, I'm pretty sure that you aren't aware of how many games I have or have not watched. I'm completely aware that timing matters, who is running the screen matters and how the DB lines up matters.

SF's tackling was horrible (like, more horrible than most teams tackle in the NFL). There is a reason that it was brought up. It's alright for some of us to have our own opinions, right?

Yeah actually I need to apologize for the not watching many game thing, forgot who I was talking to. Sorry.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well come on Anthony! Why bother watching the games? Russell Sucks, and the Hawks have no chance vs. the Steelers :?

Latest posts