RW has best QB rating against blitz

Fade

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2bpb732q said:
KiwiHawk":2bpb732q said:
PS: I like how saying that Wilson is mobile and tends to keep plays alive longer when blitzed is taken as an attack on Wilson such that you all must come pile on defending him. You do know I like Wilson, right? Have been a supporter since Day 1? Right? Or maybe you weren't around then because the bandwagon hadn't happened yet.

PPS: You know not all QBs meet the other criteria for high passer ratings other than staying alive long enough to average over 12.5 yards per attempt?

This is one of the things that is so frustrating about participating on this board. Make a reasoned argument and you are met with strawmen and other logical fallacies just because someone perceives you might be knocking a player they are fond of, largely due to either not reading or not understanding what you wrote. Hell, half the time I don't think people read past the poster name and just respond to what they think your position might be based on something you posted in another thread.

This is why we can't have nice things.

So let me get this straight? A dot net member posts a tweet about RW having a great QBR against the blitz. You jump on here and flame the QBR with a logical fallacy THEN proceed to bash someone for sticking up for the OP by proving your eyeballs wrong?

P.S. Erin has 280% the rushing yards of Tom Brady. That must make him an Elite rusher.

P.P.S. If 8 out of the top ten against the blitz aren't typical "dual threat" QBs, your attempt at an argument is unsubstantiated.

Lamar violation 31

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2Fd0NnEG1WnnXqg2Fgiphy

rcaido

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2fizp4w4 said:
rcaido":2fizp4w4 said:
Erin gets praise for his passer rating...Wilson for some reason pads his stats w/ sacks and because he is a mobile QB.

There is always a slight or excuse for some reason against Wilson...

Wilson cant win without Lynch
Wilson cant win without LOB
Wilson cant throw from the pocket
Wilson is too fat
Wilson is too religious
Wilson has too many distractions
Wilson holds on too the ball too long
Passer rating is not a QB stat
He only scores in the 4th quarter
He only throws 25 times a game not worth the money
His elite number are only elite because its a passing league now
Wilson underthrows
Wilson too short not black enough
Wilson cheats by throwing shoes...

When other QBs struggle...Its the coach, no offensive line, not enough play makers.

... ?!?!?

Seriously?

This is how this went down...

Them: "Wilson is #1 against the blitz *According to passer rating. Brady's down near the bottom"
Me: "The more mobile QBs who hold the ball longer are naturally going to be ranked higher, particularly since sacks don't count."
Them: "Mariota, Prescott, Rodgers, Newton, Taylor are all mobile QB's and they all are bottom half of the league."
Me: "Um, Rodgers is literally #2 on the list behind Wilson"
Them: "Erin gets praise for his passer rating...Wilson for some reason pads his stats w/ sacks and because he is a mobile QB"

What the actual &$*#?

I am not singing the praises of anyone nor damning anyone. I WAS OBSERVING HOW THE PASSER RATING REWARDS LONGER PASSES (and therefore conversely punishes dump-offs) AND DOESN'T PUNISH SACKS. That's all. It was an OBSERVATION, not a comparison, not a diss, not a flame.

You people are .... There just aren't words I can use that are acceptable int he main forum, but you are those.

Screw me for making an observation.

You screwed yourself actually...

You go into a thread where we are praising our QB for his accomplishment and decide to slight his accomplishment...Now you're acting like the victim.

Just a heads up Brady was #1 against the blitz in 2016 & #2 2015

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":2qkizyza said:
KiwiHawk":2qkizyza said:
rcaido":2qkizyza said:
Erin gets praise for his passer rating...Wilson for some reason pads his stats w/ sacks and because he is a mobile QB.

Wilson is too fat
Wilson is too religious
Wilson underthrows

When other QBs struggle...Its the coach, no offensive line, not enough play makers.

... ?!?!?

Seriously?

Them: "Wilson is #1 against the blitz *According to passer rating. Brady's down near the bottom"
Me: "The more mobile QBs who hold the ball longer are naturally going to be ranked higher, particularly since sacks don't count."
Them: "Mariota, Prescott, Rodgers, Newton, Taylor are all mobile QB's and they all are bottom half of the league."
Them: "Erin gets praise for his passer rating...Wilson for some reason pads his stats w/ sacks and because he is a mobile QB"

What the actual &$*#?

I am not singing the praises of anyone nor damning anyone. I WAS OBSERVING HOW THE PASSER RATING REWARDS LONGER PASSES (and therefore conversely punishes dump-offs) AND DOESN'T PUNISH SACKS. That's all. It was an OBSERVATION, not a comparison, not a diss, not a flame.

You people are .... There just aren't words I can use that are acceptable int he main forum, but you are those.

You go into a thread where we are praising our QB for his accomplishment and decide to slight his accomplishment...Now you're acting like the victim.

Yeah I screwed myself by making an observation that people are too stupid to understand isn't an attack, or slight, or anything else against Russell Wilson. It was only an observation.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3ksuq4e1 said:
rcaido":3ksuq4e1 said:

Wilson is too fat
Wilson is too religious
Wilson underthrows

... ?!?!?

Seriously?

What the actual &$*#?

Actually, passer rating is mostly based on completion percentages and interception to TD ratio. With the total number of yards in the equation as well.

The five pieces to the equation are:

Total Passing Yards
Attempts
Completions
Touchdown Passes
Interceptions

Russ being at the top of this list is a direct reflection of his decision making, lack of interceptions and performance under pressure that leads to TDs. Otherwise you'd see Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott at the top of this list. Your attempt to discount RWs performance under pressure based on your extensive knowledge of Passer Rating is pathetic at best. Defending your passive aggressive approach to discussion is laughable.

Based on Passer Rating, RW is the best QB under pressure in the league. Just ask Carolina... or ANYONE else who has tried to Blitz him. Attempting to prop yourself up and boost your ego by trolling a fantastic post is ridiculous. Russ is lights out this season, Solari has put one hell of a line in front of him and Shotty is calling some brilliant games. The offense is clicking. Enjoy the ride. It's a great season to be a Seahawks fan.

rcaido

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2klgh3tr said:
rcaido":2klgh3tr said:
KiwiHawk":2klgh3tr said:
rcaido":2klgh3tr said:

Wilson is too fat
Wilson is too religious
Wilson underthrows

... ?!?!?

Seriously?

What the actual &$*#?

Yeah I screwed myself by making an observation that people are too stupid to understand isn't an attack, or slight, or anything else against Russell Wilson. It was only an observation.

Its not that we are too stupid too understand, its not necessary to say...We are only attacking you with facts. Its not our fault your "observation" isn't good enough to support.

You talk about sacks & mobility helps against the passer rating against the blitz...Well so does having a good offensive line or #1 receivers to bail them out...Wilson hasn't had any of that in his career...If anything he had the worse situation possible w/ poor o-line, crappy playcaller, & no #1 receiver. He has been one of the most pressured QB since he's been in the league.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
We need a Safeword for Kiwi. He’s a bit triggered right now.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":38xxs7yx said:

How about WILSON IS ELITE!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1e1j14dt said:

I say we just make him leave his helmet on and let him tear it up. :lol:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Th irony is that it's you guys who are triggered thinking I was somehow "attempt to discount RWs performance" such that you had to summon the goon squad to shit all over the place.

I never discounted RW's performance in any way. Any such discounting has been read into my comment artificially, and then adopted as truth and summarily attacked.

I never intended any discount or negativity toward Wilson in any way. All that has been fabricated by you and attributed to me, and that disingenuous behaviour is what pisses me off, as I believe it would anyone.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1239wbgy said:
Th irony is that it's you guys who are triggered thinking I was somehow "attempt to discount RWs performance" such that you had to summon the goon squad to shit all over the place.

I never discounted RW's performance in any way. Any such discounting has been read into my comment artificially, and then adopted as truth and summarily attacked.

I never intended any discount or negativity toward Wilson in any way. All that has been fabricated by you and attributed to me, and that disingenuous behaviour is what pisses me off, as I believe it would anyone.

The real question is, what safeword do you want to use so we can prevent this level of butthurt in the future?

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":6i327jg8 said:
The irony is that it's you guys who are triggered thinking I was somehow "attempt to discount RWs performance" such that you had to summon the goon squad to shit all over the place.

Sorry for the mess....watch your step. :irishdrinkers:

Goonsquadmayhemmafia

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3jaz5okm said:
The real question is, what safeword do you want to use so we can prevent this level of butthurt in the future?
How about not making my opinions for me so we avoid the whole thing in the first place?

I realise you're just being an ass because this is the internet and we have screen names so it's not like you're talking to a real person, except you are, and you might periodically consider that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2y04u80i said:
KiwiHawk":2y04u80i said:

Just make out already.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Okay, fine, I get what you all are asking for.

Here's Wilson knocking the heck out of this entire thread...

7Igp.gif

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2almj9oi said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2almj9oi said:
KiwiHawk":2almj9oi said:

Just make out already.

Okay Fine

Ge image 5250 badaef45 a307 466d b6fe d35d72918f62

A-Dog

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":34szxwyi said:
One of the metrics for passer rating is yards per attempt, which is is going to be low for guys like Brady who dump the ball off immediately to the outlet receiver.

Eh, I don't buy this.

Passer rating is also dependent on completion percentage (plus it's yards per attempt, not yards per completion), so guys dumping the ball off on short, high % throws will have an advantage over guys taking shots deep on lower % throws and throwing incomplete passes as a result. So I'd say the completion % factor balances out the yards per completion factor.

I would guess that Russell does especially well here because of his excellent TD to INT ratio moreso than his YPA (would be interesting to see this broken down by the individual components of the formula).

It's true that holding on to the ball and taking sacks (and sometimes fumbling) isn't captured in this stat. Throwing the ball away will hurt passer rating but taking a sack won't.

At any rate, my takeaway from this is that blitzing Wilson is a risky proposition for opposing defenses - he doesn't fold under pressure, isn't afraid to go deep on an exposed secondary, and has a knack for throwing a deep ball that his receivers can catch but the defense can't. The best strategy is to collapse the pocket while keeping him contained, but the O-line is way better at maintaining an adequate pocket these days.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Attempting to tackle Wilson in the backfield is a fool's errand,

55fail

You have to wait for him to accidentally step into a sack.