Ryan Mallett dead at 35

Rat

Reaction score
Wow, I literally just mentioned Mallett on a different message board last night. Someone referenced Chris Matthews' 109 yard SB performance, and I pointed out that he only had 176 for his regular season career, with 51 coming in a meaningless week 17 game for a 5-11 Ravens team with Mallett as his QB.

Says a lot about how dangerous rip tides can be that a powerful, world-class athlete can succumb to the danger. Be careful out there!

RIP

CouchLogic

Reaction score
RIP.

Just a pup, prayers to the loved ones left behind.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rip Tide almost got me when I was 19. Being from Alaska, I had no idea what one was.

"Why are they blowing that horn?"

I found out...

Luckily for me, I ended up in a narrow band of water that wasn't going out, and swam in.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen many idiots umm people at the beach throwing things out for their dogs to fetch and have them get caught in one, luckily there has always been someone in a boat near by for them. But that was just when I was there, I can only imagine how many people and pets get caught with nobody around to help.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad. Riptides are silent, invisible and deadly. Too young.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
On a serious note, RIP to that guy. Very sad. Blessings to his family.

On a less serious but equally grave note; Trey Lance's career is dead at what, age 2?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I nearly drowned in a riptide when I was around 10 or so. Riptides are serious stuff. I feel for his family.