Rypien elevated for 49ers game

renofox

Reaction score
Interesting. Anybody care to speculate?

PC doesn't trust Lock so Rypien is #2?

Lock startimg so Rypien backup?

He's afraid O-line will suck again and knock Geno and Lock out so wants a #3?

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Makes sense. If Geno's injury gets exacerbated early, we don't want to be down to just Lock. Need that emergency QB.
That makes sense but I don't like it. If they have concerns big enough to lose another player to inactive, that means Geno's elbow/bruise is probably worse than we were hoping for.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That makes sense but I don't like it. If they have concerns big enough to lose another player to inactive, that means Geno's elbow/bruise is probably worse than we were hoping for.
I'd be in the same kind of boat if it was structural, but I'm cool with it if it's just a deep contusion. Can't rule out another hit hurting it worse, but I'm assuming he's not an increased risk of doing lasting damage.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He won’t be under the rules but he also won’t be inactive which the official emergency qb would be. He will be our emergency qb as in he’s insurance in case he’s needed. He’s not no to replace anyone who is healthy.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
He won’t be under the rules but he also won’t be inactive which the official emergency qb would be. He will be our emergency qb as in he’s insurance in case he’s needed. He’s not no to replace anyone who is healthy.
I gotcha. You also point out the one advantage. He can go in the game, if needed, and come back out allowing Geno or Lock to go back in.

If he was the official "Emergency QB" once he went in the other QBs are ineligible. If Geno is hurting too much to play and Lock has to sit out a play, I really don't want to watch Rypien finish the game.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Does anybody know who took 1st team reps for the (1? 2?) practices this week?

Latest posts