Sad for Pete

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
C'mon man. Now we care what 49ers fans are saying? Most of them don't know shit about football. They're 49ers fans because it's the "in" thing right now.
Making this thread was a mistake and i was stupid to do so. I just meant to say what I'd personally been reading about how other fans and pundits had been reacting. It was purely anecdotal and I did not intend to make it some kind of court hearing

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
The entire football world is not condemning this move. I haven't seen that on any football news show, any sports site, or tweet. And we're to condemn non-football people making the decision but respect the opinion of a handful of non-football 49er fans on a message board? How does that work?
You are all correct I will delete the thread. I was simply speaking from what I'd been reading. I'm not in a good place right now mentally with Pete leaving and i don't want to argue with people online my bad

Jac

Reaction score
You are all correct I will delete the thread. I was simply speaking from what I'd been reading. I'm not in a good place right now mentally with Pete leaving and i don't want to argue with people online my bad
At least you're in the gym working it out. I need to get there. Ugh, been making excuses all day...

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I’d say the majority position is one of shock but thinking it was probably the right time.
Obviously, that's just one article, but it shows that there isn't any "entire football world outside of Seattle" consensus that this was the wrong move.
This was a bad thread on my part and you guys are correct. I was speaking from the small sample size that I read and out of emotion. Sorry for making this thread

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Jody Allen made a shrewd move that I didn't think she could make.
Why was it the right decision to fire Pete even though we were still at least a .500 team?

1. We often underperformed relative to the talent/salaries given out
2. The real bone headed front office moves seem to be Pete pulling rank over Schneider
3. Pete has always lacked the ability/desire to discipline his players, and at any time any one player can destroy the locker room with impunity. He simply won't lift a finger to stop anything.
4. With Pete being a defensive coach it is his responsibility to make sure his defenses can stop the best offenses, and that has not been the case. The top offenses can destroy our defense. Pete has no answer for this. At 70+ years old he is simply too old and too stubborn to be able to devise a new defense to stop the top offenses.
5. Playoff teams with any real hope at the super bowl need to win their division, and the Hawks aren't in position to do that, and our poor divisional performances would cause us to lose tie-breakers.

It isn't easy to fire a winning coach who has been here as long as Pete has, but our future with Pete was going to be 7-9 wins per season until he retires. We don't need a few more years of that.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I was wrong you all were right. I was just speaking emotionally and anecdotally.

Either way I am very sad for Pete Carrol. Move along now sorry for making this
Pete talks like he wants another coaching job. There is life after football. I hope he eventually gets to the point where he’s planning for that. Some people transition smoothly through the stages of life, and others struggle. I am speaking as a guy 5 years older than Pete.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This was a bad thread on my part and you guys are correct. I was speaking from the small sample size that I read and out of emotion. Sorry for making this thread
Welchers, I'm disappointed you didn't include the take from your trusty inside sources. Or are they non-football people? :)

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Welchers, I'm disappointed you didn't include the take from your trusty inside sources. Or are they non-football people? :)
Sadly my take this time was just from 49ers fans and random on the internet. It certainly seems as if certain people within the organization agree with this move. I bet some players are upset tho

GemCity

Reaction score
It’s a fan forum. You’re allowed to post this stuff man!
Nothing wrong with being emotional about it. 14 years is a LONG time in the sports world.
I’ve been thinking it’s been time for Pete to step aside for several years. But, that didn’t make it any “easier” listening to his final press conference.

It’s sad…emotional…and sometimes, full of regret to see a legend move on. I’ve felt this before when Jordan and Kobe retired…definitely when Kobe passed.

It’s an exciting time for Seahawks football.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
The fact that it happened and Jody spearheaded it says it was time
Yeah I still wouldn't have done it after one of the greatest trades ever and back to back winning seasons but i understand why people wanted it done. I am sad for Pete carrol but I guess everyone else thinks it was the right call so I'll defer

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
It’s a fan forum. You’re allowed to post this stuff man!
Nothing wrong with being emotional about it. 14 years is a LONG time in the sports world.
I’ve been thinking it’s been time for Pete to step aside for several years. But, that didn’t make it any “easier” listening to his final press conference.

It’s sad…emotional…and sometimes, full of regret to see a legend move on. I’ve felt this before when Jordan and Kobe retired…definitely when Kobe passed.

It’s an exciting time for Seahawks football.
Well put. All we can do now is look towards a better future.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Yeah I still wouldn't have done it after one of the greatest trades ever and back to back winning seasons but i understand why people wanted it done. I am sad for Pete carrol but I guess everyone else thinks it was the right call so I'll defer
Those back to back winning seasons were barely accomplished.

I’m not sad for Pete. It’s an opportunity for him to advance on in life as well.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The entire football world is not condemning this move. I haven't seen that on any football news show, any sports site, or tweet. And we're to condemn non-football people making the decision but respect the opinion of a handful of non-football 49er fans on a message board? How does that work?

No need to apologize, at least not to me. I've stuck my foot in my mouth on a number of occasions, so I know the feeling.

It wasn't a bad thread, it was a poorly worded OP, and you been a little more politically correct in how you worded it, this could have been a very good discussion. Sorry that you had to endure such a pummeling.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I bet some players are upset tho
Almost every coach that gets fired, let alone one that's a veteran, respected coach knowing for being a player's coach like Pete, is going to have a number of players get very upset over losing their head coach. Many feel as if they're partly responsible. Others might be upset due to the uncertainty of a new coach and what their own personal fate may hold.

I would have very little respect for a player that wasn't upset at someone like Pete getting fired.

xray

Reaction score
Well put. All we can do now is look towards a better future.
Are you done yet ? RU gonna delete and leave ?...you're like Columbo..." Just one more thing "
You're acting like your prostate massager just broke . Did you try new batteries ? :)

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Are you done yet ? RU gonna delete and leave ?...you're like Columbo..." Just one more thing "
You're acting like your prostate massager just broke . Did you try new batteries ? :)
Never said I was leaving dot net. I supported this team long before Pete and will long after. I just think it was the wrong move but I hope DQ proves me wrong.

Losing Pete is one of the hardest things I've been through in life

Latest posts