Safeco Field and Mariner Fans

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I went to my first game in a long while on Saturday. There was a special buzz all around the place. That's what Felix does for the crowd's part of HFA. Give people something to be excited about and they get excited! Shocker!

Wife and I sat in the King's Court. It was as close to a Hawks game as baseball can get. Everyone standing for every 2-strike count, chanting, and waving their K cards. High-fives all around, sharing snacks, talking ball, etc. If you want a festive baseball atmosphere, do yourself a favor and get one of the King's Court packages. Cool t-shirt too.

PS: The linked site will update when they know Felix is pitching again.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Chapow":yul75hmc said:
Seahawks chants and Seahawks jerseys? WTF are you even talking about? I go to probably some where in the neighborhood of a dozen or so games a year and I watch most of the games I don't go to. I can't remember ever hearing a Seahawks chant at a Mariners game. And while I have seen people wearing Seahawks jerseys at Safeco, it's pretty few and far between. I do however see Mariners jerseys, hats, shirts, etc. ALL OVER Safeco field. Again, you're just making up complete and utter BS and anyone can see that fact for themselves by simply flipping on a M's game.

Well, if you've never heard it, then I guess it is just made up BS.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
M's leave safeco and win. No surprise. Too bad they can't play all 162 games away from Seattle.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Chapow":s9s7w4rz said:
m0ng0":s9s7w4rz said:
therealjohncarlson":s9s7w4rz said:
Hawk-Lock":s9s7w4rz said:
1-7 so far on this homestand......nice.

Regardless of all the factors of Safeco and whether you believe in homefield advantage or not, the M's are worst at home. That's a fact.

I mean I guess I just don't understand what you mean by home field advantage caused by fans. Could you be more specific about how fans could tangibly increase a homes teams odds of winning?

Have you not been paying attention? :D

1/2 of the fans are staring at their cell phones, disco parties in center field every night, the park is not intimate enough so even when fans do cheer they cannot be heard, the mariner moose is just stupid, the only chants are for the seahawks, the only jerseys are seahawks, the bobble heads are faulty and children can eat small pieces and choke, and the front office is trying to lose every game. All of these factors make the players sad and want to cry......

Have you not been paying attention to society now a days? 1/2 of the people anywhere doing anything are staring at their cell phones. Sadly, it's just how people are in this day and age and it's not even remotely exclusive to Mariners fans at Mariners games. I guarantee you'll see the same thing at any baseball game anywhere.

I'm not sure how Safeco becoming a desirable place for 20 somethings to hang out is a bad thing or somehow makes Safeco suck or whatever your point is, care to explain?

Your next point is complete BS, cheers can and are heard just fine. Especially when Felix is pitching or the M's are hitting and scoring runs. Either you don't know what you're talking about or are just making up BS. Safeco gets plenty loud when there's actually something to cheer about.

The Mariner Moose is stupid? Now your just being petty as well as making shit up. Guess what? A lot of kids go to games too and kids are generally pretty damn stoked about the moose. But hey, F them right? I mean kids probably aren't totally focused on the game 100% of the time so they suck as fans anyway right?

Seahawks chants and Seahawks jerseys? WTF are you even talking about? I go to probably some where in the neighborhood of a dozen or so games a year and I watch most of the games I don't go to. I can't remember ever hearing a Seahawks chant at a Mariners game. And while I have seen people wearing Seahawks jerseys at Safeco, it's pretty few and far between. I do however see Mariners jerseys, hats, shirts, etc. ALL OVER Safeco field. Again, you're just making up complete and utter BS and anyone can see that fact for themselves by simply flipping on a M's game.

And then there's this little gem, "the bobble heads are faulty and children can eat small pieces and choke". Congratulations, that some pretty high level absurdity there. There's about a million things children can eat small pieces of and choke. Puzzle pieces, legos, rocks, the list is endless. I have 6 Mariners bobble heads, none of them are faulty. If you've ever held one it's pretty obvious, to me at least, that they aren't meant to be children's toys. They are like little statues that are surprisingly heavy for their size. If you drop one or put pressure on, say, a leg, extended arm, or neck, they will break. That doesn't make them faulty, it makes them somewhat fragile. They are meant to be displayed, not played with, which again, is pretty obvious the second you pick one up.

Tomorrow is Robinson Cano poster day. But those posters are faulty because children could tear pieces off, ball them up, eat them, and choke. Do you see how ridiculous a statement like that is?

"the front office is trying to lose every game", I mean, I don't really know what else to say other than that statement is dumb as hell and no one could possibly believe that unless they are too. What would the front office possibly have to gain by losing every game?

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you have to gain by posting absurdities and straight up lies about Safeco field and Mariners fans to make them look bad?

BTW, I do realize (now) that you were being sarcastic and poking fun at the people that actually said those things, but I wrote most of this post before that dawned on me. Oh well, posting anyway because that was too much to write to just delete.

:thirishdrinkers: cheers boss! It was a hell of a rant :D

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3l0m1c2p said:
M's leave safeco and win. No surprise. Too bad they can't play all 162 games away from Seattle.

They are 13-13 on the road so far this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":33jf4evq said:

Must be all the M's fans that travel and pump the team up.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fclyacd said:
Hawk-Lock":2fclyacd said:

They play much better on the road. I don't know why, but they just do.

They came off a 6-3 roadtrip to come home and have a 2-9 homestand. About to be 2-0 on this roadtrip.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2bpoln66 said:
Sgt. Largent":2bpoln66 said:
Hawk-Lock":2bpoln66 said:

They came off a 6-3 roadtrip to come home and have a 2-9 homestand. About to be 2-0 on this roadtrip.

You keep saying this, but it's just not true. If you click on the link I posted up higher on this page showing home and away seasons going back to 2002, you'd see that the M's are +27 games over .500 at home.............and - 150 under .500 on the road.

So can we stop this nonsense?

Here are the facts about Safeco. It's a pitchers park, and the cool air is dense......... so yes our offense struggles to hit more at home than on the road. But so do visiting teams.

But that's it, any other opinion about lame crowds or fans affecting the team's win percentage at home is nonsense. The M's since 2001 have been an average to below average team, at home AND on the road. Period.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q68qoiw1 said:
Hawk-Lock":q68qoiw1 said:
Sgt. Largent":q68qoiw1 said:
Hawk-Lock":q68qoiw1 said:

You keep saying this, but it's just not true. If you click on the link I posted up higher on this page showing home and away seasons going back to 2002, you'd see that the M's are +27 games over .500 at home.............and - 150 under .500 on the road.

So can we stop this nonsense?

BwaaaaaHaaaaaaaHaaaaHaaa. Of course not, this is the internet. What someone perceives to be true is much more important than what is actually true, even in the face of facts. Facts are easily disregarded or ignored when they don't fit your narrative and you can just ignore any posts that attempt to hold you accountable for what you say.

Here are the facts about Safeco. It's a pitchers park, and the cool air is dense......... so yes our offense struggles to hit more at home than on the road. But so do visiting teams.

But that's it, any other opinion about lame crowds or fans affecting the team's win percentage at home is nonsense. The M's since 2001 have been an average to below average team, at home AND on the road. Period.

This.

Any of you ever stop to think that maybe the reason the M's don't play very well at home is because they aren't a very good team?

Nah, that would actually be like, reasonable and shit. It has to be because Safeco Field and Mariners fans suck. :roll:

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":11ocorwj said:
Chapow":11ocorwj said:

Well, if you've never heard it, then I guess it is just made up BS.

You're right. Just because I've never heard it doesn't mean it's never happened.

But you stated "The atmosphere at Safeco sucks because morons show up in Seahawks jerseys and start Seahawks chants." as though this is such a common occurrence that it is the reason why the atmosphere at Safeco sucks (I strongly disagree that the atmosphere at Safeco sucks BTW). That is what is complete and utter BS.

How many times have you heard Seahawks chants at Safeco field? Once? Twice? Again, I attend or watch the majority of Mariners games, I would even go so far as to say the vast majority, and I have never heard it. For something that in your opinion is the reason the atmosphere at Safeco sucks it sure seems to be awfully rare if it even exists at all.

BTW, they showed a couple of fans in the stands at the Indians/M's game last night in Cleveland that were both wearing Cavaliers hats and jerseys, so does that mean that Progressive Field and Indians fans suck too or does that only apply to Safeco Field and M's fans?