Saga over for now - Seahawks refuse to trade RW to CHI

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kth9h7g said:
SoulfishHawk":3kth9h7g said:
IF that is the offer, clearly not good enough. Now, if the Bears were a top 10 draft pick team, you do it.

Yep. I don't care if the players are Kahlil Mack and Allen Robinson - 3 late firsts absolutely do not move the needle for me. They do nothing to replace Russell, and would all have to be traded away to get into position to even draft a quarterback with a decent shot of being average.

Agreed! Chicago's offer does not sound like it was enough. And hey, it's a tough hill to climb when you're talking about a player like Wilson.

So where are we at this point? It will be interesting to see what Mark Rodgers next leaks/says. From the Seahawks' perspective it will likely be that Russ will either fall in line and play how Carroll wants to (he's the boss) OR that he will open up his list if he really, really wants to leave.

Still possible that a truce is called (extension, restructuring).

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not going to do it.

If the receiving team can trade other assets to a team that'd be picking higher for a couple more 1sts, then I'd listen.

3 late 1sts ain't close.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":nnry0hsy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372145331987746818[/tweet]

Per Rapoport - A meeting took place between Schneider and Bears GM Ryan Pace regarding a possible Wilson trade. They slept on the offer, and Pete specifically ruled against trading Wilson.

Well, good job coach! Don't take that bait!

massari

Reaction score
"at this time"

Ownership should let all current and previous season ticket holders vote on if they want to keep the hall of fame QB, or the 70 year old head coach.

Just give Wilson the offense that he's asking for.

BASF

Reaction score
toffee":3682so8y said:
Cyrus12":3682so8y said:
Here for one more year and gone. Bank on it!
With less trade value.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

How so exactly? Seven of his last ten games were pedestrian at best, with several being outright poor. Of the three that were good (each of them against mediocre defenses) only two of them were very good. Editing to add that it was actually eight of his last twelve and the argument could be made that his best performance which was against the Niners was only due to their injuries.

The very interesting thing is that the game that we were preparing for that Wilson "stormed out" of the meeting was the one that was against an opponent that he stunk up the joint on and cost us the first game, but he followed the game plan the second time and lo and behold, he did not cost us the game.

Wilson checked out emotionally in the middle of the season when people started commenting on how much he was costing the Seahawks games and fell out of the MVP race. People blame Carroll for pulling the reins on what he was doing, but how many head coaches would continue to allow their QB to cost them wins?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
First off, a "clandestine meeting in Fargo"?? You can write your own tagline for that one.

And I'm actually surprised that's all Chicago was offering. It's consistent with what was reported-3 1sts to start the discussion. But I was expecting the aggressive stance portrayed by the Bears to include something almost PC/JS couldn't refuse.

3 late 1sts, a 3rd and 2 "starters " just doesn’t cut it.

Also, for those who maintained there was nothing to this story, clearly there was enough for JS to fly to North Dakota for a sit down meeting with another GM to consider trading away the franchise QB. That's telling in and of itself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Before 2020 season: HE'S GONE!
Before 2021 season: HE'S GONE!

Here's to hoping the trend of WRONG continues...... :irishdrinkers:
And yes, I think there's a real possibility that he could be gone after 2021.

John63

Reaction score
Okay one more time. Seattle did not just say no to the bears offer, But they said "we are not trading Wilson". Game over.