Saints play at 10am

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":enmgdy8m said:
It's been a long season and a lot of our guys aren't completely healthy. They can use a day off. In addition, the Niners have nothing to play for and a lot of them are playing for their jobs, not giving a rip if their team gets penalized for a personal foul. I'm not sure if I want to put Russell back there on the firing line in a meaningless game amongst a bunch of head hunters.

Just something to think about.

Well put to rest that the Seahawks are going to rest players... Carroll said in his PC that the Hawks are going for it... they do not want to lose the mentality or any momentum..

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the GB and NO games have both been moved to the afternoon. So I think that pretty much puts the rest idea to bed. Unless the Hawks go up big, but against the Niners, that's not likely anyway.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
LTH":18nb1sj9 said:
RiverDog":18nb1sj9 said:
It's been a long season and a lot of our guys aren't completely healthy. They can use a day off. In addition, the Niners have nothing to play for and a lot of them are playing for their jobs, not giving a rip if their team gets penalized for a personal foul. I'm not sure if I want to put Russell back there on the firing line in a meaningless game amongst a bunch of head hunters.

Just something to think about.

Well put to rest that the Seahawks are going to rest players... Carroll said in his PC that the Hawks are going for it... they do not want to lose the mentality or any momentum..

LTH

He's said that before and by the second half when it was clear they weren't getting a higher seed, they start subbing starters out.

That will happen this Sunday if GB or NO get up big on their opponents. You'll not see Carson again. You'll see a lot more Barton, Neal, Stephens, Mone on defense.

we will play to win the game while there still is a shot at the number one seed. Once that disappears, it'll be preseason mode.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Normally, I wouldn't buy in to the paying attention to what the other teams are doing in their games etc.
But, you're right. I can't imagine that if they get word that they are locked in to the 3 because the Saints and Pack are winning big, that they wouldn't at least consider resting some guys in the 2nd half.
Exactly why I was bummed to hear the games got moved from 10am to the afternoon.