Sark Headed to USC

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2qwjxur2 said:
CALIHAWK1":2qwjxur2 said:
JSeahawks":2qwjxur2 said:
Looks like Tosh Lupoi is going to USC as well.

@adamgorney" Reports that Tosh Lupoi and Justin Wilcox will join Sarkisian at #USC. Huge boost for recruiting

What happens to Ogeron?

He resigned this morning.

No sign of that after a quick google search.

kearly

Reaction score
Devastating. Even if you didn't like Sark, the loss of assistant coaching makes this a double whammy.

All hail Sark Vader.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":1vp836ml said:
Devastating. Even if you didn't like Sark, the loss of assistant coaching makes this a double whammy.

All hail Sark Vader.
the staff collapsing is definitely bad news.

hawk45

Reaction score
Wow Sark really was serious about building something at UW. His resume.

Ba dum tss.

Echo those who are less than devastated about the loss of Sark but bummed out about the assistant coach drain.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1zustskj said:
Hasselbeck":1zustskj said:
CALIHAWK1":1zustskj said:
JSeahawks":1zustskj said:

@adamgorney" Reports that Tosh Lupoi and Justin Wilcox will join Sarkisian at #USC. Huge boost for recruiting

What happens to Ogeron?

I'm a USC fan. He's gone.

Twitter confirms

"@insidetroy: Four different sources telling me Ed Orgeron is gone. #USC going in a different direction with Sark."

"@HeatherBrit Confirmed: Despite being offered more money and an Assistant HC position, Coach Ed Orgeron has sent in his resignation to #USC."

“@mikejurecki: Hearing interim HC Ed Orgeron will be leaving #USC, also told he will not coach USC in the bowl game. #PAC12”

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sark is leaving behind plenty of talent. If I have to sit through 7-6 for two more years with a completely new staff, that's fine. This is an opportunity to get better, it could also be another collapse (which would reveal the AD and upper campus still doesn't know what they're doing).

drrew

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to see happen, and it should happen this afternoon.

Call Mora, have him say no.
Call Petersen, have him say no.

Announce Wilcox as HC, Sirmon as DC, Lupoi and Heyward with raises before the end of the night.

If Wilcox is gone, I wouldn't hire him as HC, but I'd thrown money at Orgeron to get him to be part of the program.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wilcox won't leave if he's really a HC candidate, though it'd be weird to have a duck as the UW HC

kearly

Reaction score
Petrino is the best coach available, and IMO is an upgrade over Sark. He'd have to pay $1.2 million to get out of his contract with Western Kentucky, but I imagine that wouldn't be much of an obstacle for him.

I guess the question is, does UW hustle for a coach right now, or do they wait a month to see who gets fired in the NFL? Though he obviously has his issues, I wouldn't mind seeing UW make a play for Rex Ryan if he's fired. He's a defensive genius and has the kind of natural charisma that lends itself to ace recruiting.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2grlcrdz said:
CALIHAWK1":2grlcrdz said:
Hasselbeck":2grlcrdz said:
CALIHAWK1":2grlcrdz said:
JSeahawks said:

What happens to Ogeron?

I'm a USC fan. He's gone.

Twitter confirms

"@insidetroy: Four different sources telling me Ed Orgeron is gone. #USC going in a different direction with Sark."

"@HeatherBrit Confirmed: Despite being offered more money and an Assistant HC position, Coach Ed Orgeron has sent in his resignation to #USC."

“@mikejurecki: Hearing interim HC Ed Orgeron will be leaving #USC, also told he will not coach USC in the bowl game. #PAC12”

Yup. Still nothing official but BR has him listed as a HC candidate. I would expect him to leave after being passed over for Sark when all the players, boosters and former players were lobbying for you. UW needs to find a way to get him in some capacity.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Wilcox is the biggest loss here for UW. Maybe Petersen as HC and Orgeron as DC? Although I wouldn't mind them giving a serious look to NIU's head coach, Rod Carey.

drrew

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ah3g3h9 said:
UW needs to find a way to get him in some capacity.

I don't think I agree with you on anything, but this would be such a no brainer if they could pull it off. Ed Orgeron is the original super recruiter. As good as people might think Tosh is at recruiting, he's got nothing on Coach O who has been a top top shelf recruiter for 15+ years.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":2bji1o7t said:
Petrino is the best coach available, and IMO is an upgrade over Sark. He'd have to pay $1.2 million to get out of his contract with Western Kentucky, but I imagine that wouldn't be much of an obstacle for him.

I guess the question is, does UW hustle for a coach right now, or do they wait a month to see who gets fired in the NFL? Though he obviously has his issues, I wouldn't mind seeing UW make a play for Rex Ryan if he's fired. He's a defensive genius and has the kind of natural charisma that lends itself to ace recruiting.
Petrino isn't a fit for this town, probably not realistic. Would be a good hire but I'm not sure he would work in this town

kearly

Reaction score
What a weird day this is for me. I woke up sick for the first time in a year, check my PMs to see a pretty intense (in a good way) PM from a well liked poster who lost his dog this morning, Harvin declared "out" and now UW gets gutted. All of that by noon. This is maybe the biggest regular season game ever for Seattle tonight. I felt really confident about this game, but if we lose that game, I'll definitely remember this day for a very, very long time.

Subzero717

Reaction score
drrew":pdp2z9t8 said:
CALIHAWK1":pdp2z9t8 said:
UW needs to find a way to get him in some capacity.

I don't think I agree with you on anything, but this would be such a no brainer if they could pull it off. Ed Orgeron is the original super recruiter. As good as people might think Tosh is at recruiting, he's got nothing on Coach O who has been a top top shelf recruiter for 15+ years.

I know he is. I've debated J on this. Carrolls right hand man at SC. In reality if we land the Fresno St coach as HC and O as asst HC/recruit coord/position coach I'd be happy.

My dream is Bobby but I don't know how the locals would feel.

kearly

Reaction score
davidonmi":2sgn9qf1 said:
Petrino isn't a fit for this town, probably not realistic. Would be a good hire but I'm not sure he would work in this town

I dunno, Neuheisel had some skeletons in his closet and UW hired him. If UW hires Petrino, it's a redemption story anyway.