Schedule Now Becomes Home Friendly

Optimus25

Reaction score
Steve2222":3jes579a said:
hawk45":3jes579a said:
Ad Hawk":3jes579a said:
Stanton for AZ should make it an easy win. Sadly, we haven't always been as successful against him as we should.

But looking at the next few games, only the Eagles in Dec. really worry me. And at least we have them in Seattle. :2thumbs:

The Texans don't worry you? That's a top-5 defense.

The Texans are 15 in passing yards allowed, 19 in rushing yards allowed, and 23 in points allowed. They are now without JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilous. How are you figuring they are a Top 5 defense? Are you going off of 2016 or something?

And another LB with a hammy, Dylan Cole.

hawk45

Reaction score
Steve2222":abikgqj1 said:
hawk45":abikgqj1 said:
Ad Hawk":abikgqj1 said:
Stanton for AZ should make it an easy win. Sadly, we haven't always been as successful against him as we should.

But looking at the next few games, only the Eagles in Dec. really worry me. And at least we have them in Seattle. :2thumbs:

The Texans are 15 in passing yards allowed, 19 in rushing yards allowed, and 23 in points allowed. They are now without Brian Cushing,JJ Watt and Whitney Merciless to go with losing AJ Bouye to free agency (who is proving to be a giant miss for them).

How are you figuring they are a Top 5 defense? Are you going off of 2016 or something?

Football outsiders has them 6th overall, 8th v p10th v rush. Much closer to 5 than 10, and will be the best D we've faced.

That's fine that we are going off of different rankings but are you going to seriously tell me that defense isn't going to be a challenge to our offense? That they are not going to be best D we've faced so far warts and all?

sutz

Reaction score
At home, I don't really fear any team. Both of next two games are very winnable if we maintain our non-cranial-rectal inversion syndrome. We left a lot of yards and points on the field just on dropped passes and things.

Optimus25

Reaction score
hawk45":3pe7blmj said:
Steve2222":3pe7blmj said:
hawk45":3pe7blmj said:
Ad Hawk":3pe7blmj said:

The Texans are 15 in passing yards allowed, 19 in rushing yards allowed, and 23 in points allowed. They are now without Brian Cushing,JJ Watt and Whitney Merciless to go with losing AJ Bouye to free agency (who is proving to be a giant miss for them).

How are you figuring they are a Top 5 defense? Are you going off of 2016 or something?

Football outsiders has them 6th overall, 8th v p10th v rush. Much closer to 5 than 10, and will be the best D we've faced.

That's fine that we are going off of different rankings but are you going to seriously tell me that defense isn't going to be a challenge to our offense? That they are not going to be best D we've faced so far warts and all?

Better than the rams?. Maybe in some strange statistical way. But not in reality vs our offense.

Kind of a duh there.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawk45":l13iz7f7 said:
Steve2222":l13iz7f7 said:
hawk45":l13iz7f7 said:
Ad Hawk":l13iz7f7 said:

Without JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilous (who are both fresh injuries. They've only played one game without both of them) yes I'm going to say they're less formidable now. And I think the Rams at LA is a tougher challenge. Other than Clowney their entire front 7 is incredibly suspect. And Clowney is at best the 5th best DL the Seahawks have faced so far this year.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":11ir064k said:
Steve2222":11ir064k said:
hawk45":11ir064k said:
Ad Hawk":11ir064k said:

LOL, every team we play that even has a defense is a challenge to our offense. But once we start rolling, I'm not worried at all.

The difference between stats presented is considerable. They may not AT ALL be the best D we've faced. Sample sized is small. I'll wait until the end of the season to evaluate those sorts of accolades.

hawk45

Reaction score
Optimus25":d9wnn6i8 said:
Better than the rams?. Maybe in some strange statistical way. But not in reality vs our offense.

Kind of a duh there.

FO has them at 6, the Rams at 9.

Let's say they aren't as good as the Rams D - both defenses have given up some big hauls this season so it's plausible - they are as good as the Rams D *this year*.

But okay, the Texans aren't even worth a mention of upcoming opponents that might give us trouble. LMAO.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawk45":2y1et282 said:
Optimus25":2y1et282 said:

Kind of a duh there.

Let's say they aren't as good as the Rams D - both defenses have given up some big hauls this season so it's plausible - they are as good as the Rams D *this year*.

But okay, the Texans aren't even worth a mention of upcoming opponents that might give us trouble. LMAO.

This is the Seahawks. We could just as easily lose to the Browns as we could go into Philly and beat the Eagles. Nothing will ever be a given with this team. But on paper, no the Texans don't really worry me. Especially in Seattle.

Optimus25

Reaction score
hawk45":cj0wsdlw said:
Optimus25":cj0wsdlw said:

Kind of a duh there.

It's not that they're not statistically decent. It's that our style of offense has one major flaw... An awe inspiring defensive front like LA combined with a super speed backer like ogletree. If you want to talk matchups that might present a serious threat then please indulge. But to blindly throw mediocre stats around isn't terribly convincing me to tremble.

It's all about the matchups. One bad game by an offense or special teams unit can skew the defensive stats wildly, for starters.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Optimus25":ovrh9rn4 said:
hawk45":ovrh9rn4 said:
Optimus25":ovrh9rn4 said:

Kind of a duh there.

It's not that they're not statistically decent. It's that our style of offense has one major flaw... An awe inspiring defensive front like LA combined with a super speed backer like ogletree. If you want to talk matchups that might present a serious threat then please indulge. But to blindly throw mediocre stats around isn't terribly convincing me to tremble.

It's all about the matchups. One bad game by an offense or special teams unit can skew the defensive stats wildly, for starters.

This. Seahawks struggles with great front 7s. The Texans no longer have a great front 7.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
One of the things that was clearly visible today is that our special teams is top notch in all areas. This combined with a very impressive D fixes a lot of dumb mistakes that our offense does, there are not too many teams that can do that on a consistent basis.

I wont jump yet but this special teams might be as good as our 2013 squad. Not saying we are 2013 but at this point, starting to feel pretty good against anyone in the NFL. Kinda like we felt in 2013 when we weren't afraid of SF at their place.

hawk45

Reaction score
Steve2222":3r0y9n6v said:
This. Seahawks struggles with great front 7s. The Texans no longer have a great front 7.
Absolutely the great front 7 is the worst possible matchup for Seattle. But this offense hasn't *just* struggled against ferocious front 7s this year.

I think we can beat Houston in our house, but any defense that is mediocre or better, no matter how they are constituted, should be considered a challenge for this offense, at a minimum worthy of mentioning in upcoming games that are lose-able.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I am encouraged by today's win but there are no "easy" games for this team. This Texans team layed a 50 burger on the Titans team that beat us.

Steve2222

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2jkr7egp said:
I am encouraged by today's win but there are no "easy" games for this team. This Texans team layed a 50 burger on the Titans team that beat us.

And that same Titans team went down to the wire with a Colts team we blew out and almost lost to Cleveland today. What's your point?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":4qf4vryp said:
NFSeahawks628":4qf4vryp said:
Great win today. Things are finely looking in our favor. That being said were a weird team and a 6-0 run wouldn't surprise me nor a 3-3 run. I'm hoping for the latter. 14-2 would be a first round bye no doubt.

Former. The word I think you want is "former." :)

Haha yessss!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic. One game at a time for me.
Also, to whomever brought up New Orleans, they are not on our regular season schedule. I don't understand why they were brought up unless you are thinking a possibly playoff match. One...Game...At....A...Time.....

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Steve2222":3eu3svkv said:
WmHBonney":3eu3svkv said:

And that same Titans team went down to the wire with a Colts team we blew out and almost lost to Cleveland today. What's your point?

The point is that the Texans are quite capable of rolling into Seattle and leaving with a win. The point is that I think they are the best team we will have played to date. Their only weakness was at QB and they seem to have figured that out.
They have a good running game, two really good WRs and the hottest QB in the league right now. Their D will give our O fits along the line. The 'Hawks can beat them, but it won't be easy just because it's a home game.

Steve2222

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2wb2clss said:
Steve2222":2wb2clss said:
WmHBonney":2wb2clss said:

The point is that the Texans are quite capable of rolling into Seattle and leaving with a win. The point is that I think they are the best team we will have played to date. Their only weakness was at QB and they seem to have figured that out.
They have a good running game, two really good WRs and the hottest QB in the league right now. Their D will give our O fits along the line. The 'Hawks can beat them, but it won't be easy just because it's a home game.

I'm sorry to tell you but the Rams are for real. They're a better team than the Texans.

But I agree. The Seahawks are the ultimate Dr Jekyll, Mr Hyde team. They can beat any team in the league just as easy as they could lose to any team in the league. Doesn't change the fact that the Texans aren't that great of a team.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawk45":14tl8s04 said:
Steve2222":14tl8s04 said:
hawk45":14tl8s04 said:
Ad Hawk":14tl8s04 said:

Houston's defensive numbers.. nothing amazing. ... The Rams are a way better team.
2cxz4lc

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Steve2222":w4ml5ecb said:
WmHBonney":w4ml5ecb said:
Steve2222":w4ml5ecb said:
WmHBonney":w4ml5ecb said:

I'm sorry to tell you but the Rams are for real. They're a better team than the Texans.

But I agree. The Seahawks are the ultimate Dr Jekyll, Mr Hyde team. They can beat any team in the league just as easy as they could lose to any team in the league. Doesn't change the fact that the Texans aren't that great of a team.

I could be wrong but I think things seem different. The Jekyll, Hyde comparison points to inconsistency and basically no one knows which team is going to show up. From my view point, this team has gotten better each weak at all levels (with the exception of getting the final 10 yards of the field). Constant improvement is different than being inconsistent. This is 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, not 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. Not to mention I don't remember our special teams playing this well since 2013.