Schneider mentioned front office was bummed...

cacksman

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1pzyj4zt said:
Why cant js say, is it that much of a big deal? Waiver issues maybe if player becomes available?

Why would he?

nategreat

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1d82inoq said:
Why cant js say, is it that much of a big deal? Waiver issues maybe if player becomes available?

My guess would be out of respect for the players we DID draft. It's like saying, "Hey we drafted you, but if so and so was available, we would have taken them instead."

At this point, there's no need to say. It might be nice for the fans to know, but there's no real good that can come out of saying anything, if you're John Schneider.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Walter Football dude Is convinced it's Marpet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chawx":5q84ighd said:
Definitely Jamis Winston. We need someone to replace Russell when we let him bolt next year in FA ...

hahahaha sorry, i couldn't keep a straight face....
Man, you had it all and then you just had to laugh. :thirishdrinkers:

TheWebHead

Reaction score
this was discussed in the draft forum, but absent of high 2016 draft picks being used, it was more likely someone picked late 3rd round.. there had been talk on Saturday Seattle wanted to trade up to #100 pick, never happened and I'd guess that was a Friday evening discussion that someone being picked spoiled and got to Rapsheet I believe after the fact.

crosfam

Reaction score
Watching NFL network on the beginning of day three, there was a report that we were trying desperately to trade up to the top of the 4th. Then we didn't. I bet the 3rd guy was there, and somebody took him.

I bet we already knew what guards we wanted, since we drafted three of them, one a conversion project.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Though this was settled in another thread where it was reported that the Seahawks tore up a draft card on their table after DGB was drafted.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3o2azhtf said:
Though this was settled in another thread where it was reported that the Seahawks tore up a draft card on their table after DGB was drafted.

:(

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2yghvqxn said:

I hadn't read that or seen that, thanks for the heads up. After reading that thread, I have to agree that I think DGB was likely the player.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
What I find intriguing, is to consider what the Seahawks would have done with their 3rd round pick if DGB was their move up target. It seems that they REALLY wanted Clark, and REALLY needed a KR/PR. A move up in round two would likely make it difficult or impossible to move up in round three. A likely scenario would have been that the Seahawks move up in round two to pick DGB, but lose out on Clark (JS hinted that a few teams would have likely taken him in 3rd) and Lockett by staying put in round 3.

Though I would have loved to have DGB on the Seahawks, seeing how the draft unfolded, it could have been a disaster to leave the draft without a premier KR/PR

netskier

Reaction score
I think it depends on the tradeoffs. Lockett may enable us on average to begin each drive something like 15 yards further down field. DGB would have to increase our drive length by more than that to be of more value.

And that doesn't include Lockett's contribution as a receiver. So DGB would be more valuable if his receiving yards minus Lockett's receiving yards exceeded Lockett's returning yards.

I think that Lockett will be more valuable to us.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
It was Randy Gregory, who was chosen by the Cowboys at #60, three picks ahead of Frank Clark. The Seahawks like edge rushers and Gregory might have been the best edge rusher in this draft.

The Seahawks did not care that much that he had smoked some marijuana. Not sure why other teams care that much about it. Jerry Jones said the biggest personnel mistake he ever made was passing on Randy Moss because of marijuana.

Gregory was a top ten, possibly a top five pick before that.

It was a bummer that we couldn't get him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":kpxpd08e said:
It was Randy Gregory, who was chosen by the Cowboys at #60, three picks ahead of Frank Clark. The Seahawks like edge rushers and Gregory might have been the best edge rusher in this draft.

The Seahawks did not care that much that he had smoked some marijuana. Not sure why other teams care that much about it. Jerry Jones said the biggest personnel mistake he ever made was passing on Randy Moss because of marijuana.

He didn't drop solely because he "smoked some marijuana." There were other things that factored into his dropping to almost the 3rd round.

Not sure why other teams care that much about it.

Oh I dunno, maybe because it's still not allowed and players get a minimum of 4 games suspensions when they choose to smoke it? Maybe that's why they think it's kind of a big deal, how good can you be if you're not able to play?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1yxsaxsw said:
Wenhawk":1yxsaxsw said:

I hadn't read that or seen that, thanks for the heads up. After reading that thread, I have to agree that I think DGB was likely the player.
What was the other thread where that was stated?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":kxs30pa3 said:

I don't think it was Gregory.. they could have easily moved up to grab him if that were the case. They had been linked to DGB at 31 before the Graham deal.. would not surprise me at all if their two favorite players in the draft were DGB and Clark