Scot McLoughan resigns

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3bj88tgq said:
Blitzer88":3bj88tgq said:
I would probably classify today as not so positive for the Hawks.
You're being quite optimistic lately Blitzer. What's the deal?

lol-i-dunno.jpg

Realistically though, this news, Russell and the craptastic schedule is making me a little worried.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well that's ok because that's a normal reaction given the schedule worry is usually irrelevant because of how things change week to week in the NFL and that we don't know the actual situation between Ashton and Russell. But it's normal to worry (a tiny bit only).

Geologic

Reaction score
This is a big loss. I hope the best for him though and I hope he can sort out his family issues.

chris98251

Reaction score
Independent scouting service, he may be cashing in on the Seahawks success while he can and form his own company, or he may have issues and is seperating now before it becomes a real story. Either was he is a good evaluator, and working from home as a independent does not mean he isn't working for the Seahawks as a scouting service. He is just seperated from the organzation on paper and maybe his work site.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Others have touched on it, but he was fired in SF (tho officially he resigned...but he was shown the door) because he was routinely not showing up to pre-draft meetings, showing up late or showing up drunk. It was reported he was an alcoholic. He was also reportedly going through a messy divorce.

I genuinely liked Scot. He's a talented evaluator and gave the 49ers the HUGE start they needed to be what they are now.

I really hope this isn't a relapse for him and is something completely different. I always thought he'd end up as a GM again somewhere.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":wjhbxpv3 said:
What's to stop him from sharing all of his (our) notes for this draft class? That could suck, also.

Oh I don't know. Dignity, ethics, perhaps a future willingness to be employed by an NFL team again one day.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
kobebryant":2bc4fkoc said:
Coug_Hawk08":2bc4fkoc said:
What's to stop him from sharing all of his (our) notes for this draft class? That could suck, also.

Oh I don't know. Dignity, ethics, perhaps a future willingness to be employed by an NFL team again one day.

Ex Players share information, ex coaches share information, there have been stories about GMs sharing information after release etc. how is this different?

You can bet scot brought information with him from his niner days. Just they way things go, it seems.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not a big deal. We were drafting elite players before he got here.

Wonder what's up with this guy? I think that's the same reason that was given when he left the niners. I think he must have some personal issues and locking himself in the house isn't going to help.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":160gvnop said:
Umm, professionalism, and the fact that he's starting a business and doing something like that to one of your biggest potential clients (not to mention a former employer with which you have great relationships) wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

What a stupid question.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nuts, he was a key piece of our FO group and a talented personnel assessor. Hope he figures things out and is back before too long.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Very gifted talent evaluator, who appears to have personal demons to fight, either his own or of a close member of his family. This is a significant loss for us. I trust JS to backfill appropriately, but 2 weeks before the draft is a very bad time to step out. My guess is that John will still quietly work with Scot behind the scenes to glean any info Scot may still have, and help fill in any final holes.

Rough 3 pieces of news yesterday:
1. Scot resigns with two weeks before the draft.
2. Schedule makers set our bye for week 4. A tough draw for even the luckiest of teams healthwise.
3. Wilson announces filing for divorce. This is heartbreaking and a level of distraction for him no matter how cynical one's view on marriage/relationships.

Looking forward to news of Sherm and Earl getting new deals done. Then Okung restructering to bring his cap number down and lock him up for a few more years not far behind those two. :pray:

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't have any major issues that can't be solved with some alone time with his family.

He seems to do a very solid job scouting talent and it sounds like he will stay in that field (at least from what the article says). Good luck Scot McLoughan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2yj1gijn said:
Very gifted talent evaluator, who appears to have personal demons to fight, either his own or of a close member of his family. This is a significant loss for us. I trust JS to backfill appropriately, but 2 weeks before the draft is a very bad time to step out. My guess is that John will still quietly work with Scot behind the scenes to glean any info Scot may still have, and help fill in any final holes.

Rough 3 pieces of news yesterday:
1. Scot resigns with two weeks before the draft.
2. Schedule makers set our bye for week 4. A tough draw for even the luckiest of teams healthwise.
3. Wilson announces filing for divorce. This is heartbreaking and a level of distraction for him no matter how cynical one's view on marriage/relationships.

Looking forward to news of Sherm and Earl getting new deals done. Then Okung restructering to bring his cap number down and lock him up for a few more years not far behind those two. :pray:

Odd. That's exactly what he did in SF too. Just prior to draft.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The phrase "resigned for a personal family matter" is corporate speak for "he has personal issues that we do not want to talk about". These issues had gotten to the point that it was affecting his job. Anything more is likely pure speculation. This is most unfortunate....for him and the Seahawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You really can't argue with his track record. He was part of the evaluation teams that brought stellar draft classes to San Francisco and Seattle. SF's ability to draft without him has been questionable at best. Their 2012 class looks like a complete flop. Even if his role here was to merely put another set of eyes on guys who PC/JS already liked, it's a loss. I think we'll be alright, though.

Latest posts