Seahawk Roster Cuts & Other Transactions 8-31-2015

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I am not fully sold that Patrick Lewis is making the team, rather I think they are opening up a roster spot for something else (Satele?)

Lewis seems to be buried on the depth chart now.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised they placed Richardson on the PUP. Perhaps there is no reason to rush him back but he seems close to being ready and 6 weeks seems excessive.

Basis4day

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":uaqrxtve said:
I'm somewhat surprised they placed Richardson on the PUP. Perhaps there is no reason to rush him back but he seems close to being ready and 6 weeks seems excessive.

You don't think it's worth it to take a little time when he tore his ACL in January? That doesn't seem excessive to me at all.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":21du3mct said:
I am not fully sold that Patrick Lewis is making the team, rather I think they are opening up a roster spot for something else (Satele?)

Not so buried anymore . . . he's now entering the final preseason game on Thursday as the backup center.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Basis4day":spm8pupk said:
fridayfrenzy":spm8pupk said:

You don't think it's worth it to take a little time when he tore his ACL in January? That doesn't seem excessive to me at all.

Especially for a speed player.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3cqo6tex said:
Not a big surprise to see Scruggs cut in the first wave. Besides the one sack where the QB stood for 6 seconds inside the pocket he struggled a lot.

Yeah, I was surprised to see their QB hold it so long, and Scruggs' sack was like "you gonna count that?" material.
I think it also shows the depth and talent the 'Hawks have at DT.

Who picks him up, Falcons, Jaguars, or nobody? I think Falcons...

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2v1suu3l said:

Buried at the #2 center spot. We only have two viable centers right now. Sokoli is at guard.

It's also really hard to evaluate Lewis vs. Satele between now and Saturday.

But I dunno, cuts aren't done just yet, I guess we'll see what they do. I do think that if Lewis wasn't in their plans they would have cut him before they cut LJP.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":qrd4b7k2 said:
Recon_Hawk":qrd4b7k2 said:
Not a big surprise to see Scruggs cut in the first wave. Besides the one sack where the QB stood for 6 seconds inside the pocket he struggled a lot.

Yeah, I was surprised to see their QB hold it so long, and Scruggs' sack was like "you gonna count that?" material.
I think it also shows the depth and talent the 'Hawks have at DT.

Who picks him up, Falcons, Jaguars, or nobody? I think Falcons...

I agree. Our Dline depth is pretty damn good. I think we'll see a few guys cut from that group alone making rosters elsewhere.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Suspect the team sees McCoy as having a higher upside than most of the other TEs in terms of blocking and are needing to let that competition come down to the end. I could see him being the preferred choice of the depth after Willson.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I hope Cottam clears and can be stashed for the future. I get a Leonard Weaver vibe from him.

Latest posts