Seahawks' 2015 schedule

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":16cr2slt said:
The last time Pittsburgh played in Seattle - November 2, 2003 - I was there. It was still called Seahawks Stadium back then.
I was there too...My first game at Qwest. We got tickets from my cousin, who played for Pittsburgh at the time.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Looks like Golden Taint is making the enemy appearance. I hope we CRUSH the kitties.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":mpqtpgxv said:
hawksfansinceday1":mpqtpgxv said:
peachesenregalia":mpqtpgxv said:
That away schedule is brutal. Except maybe Minne, those other teams are pretty difficult to nab a win in their home stadiums. We'll probably beat the Packers again, and maybe Cincy, but Baltimore will be tough.
So will NE assuming we win the West this year. 5-3 will be a good record with that schedule.

NE? We're playing the AFC North next year, not the AFC East. The onlt situation that could see us playing NE is if we both make it to the Superbowl - which I'm fine with 8)
My bad. I read NFC East as AFC East. :34853_doh: :oops:

raisethe3

Reaction score
The schedule doesn't look too bad. But yeah, I am looking forward to that Pittsburgh game. Hehehe.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Steelers at Seahawks to open the year on Thursday Night.

Sources tell me

RichNhansom

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1s7iitxj said:
I'm calling it right now.
Hawks vs Steelers in London.
I better get tickets for losing a home game.

They already switched one schedule to keep Pitt from playing here.

I absolutely hate this quote but I have to agree. The NFL is not ready for the revenge this Seahawks team would put on the Current Steelers. We will unfortunately be playing in London and I would bet large chunk of money on it.

It's OK though, they can only hide for so long and this FO and regime are not going anywhere. Eventually they will have to come pay the price for that trophy the whole world knows they don't deserve.

I can't wait until that bill finally comes due. I will definitely be at that game and will probably get arrested before it is over. Oh well some things in life are worth it.

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":1rvf5s8k said:
NFSeahawks628":1rvf5s8k said:
I said in chat last weekend I wanted to play Johnny Browns at home...

I GOT MY WISH!

You know the home/away schedule is predetermined with the only wildcard being the two divisions in our conference that we only play the team that finishes in the same position in their division as we do in our division? All that happens is we rotate through the AFC one division per year and when we rotate around to the same division for the second time, the teams that were home are now away and vice versa. We played at Cleveland and Pittsburgh last time, so it has been pre-set that we play them in Seattle since then.

Last time the schedule put us against the NFC North, they had just recently adopted the 'East Coast Bias Rule' requiring no team have to play both away teams that are furthest away (thus you'll note that we never have the same home schedule in these games as the Niners and this is why)

Except thats not true about the home/away games with the AFC. Its suppose to be that way, but has never held much water.

Exhibit A:

2009 @INDY @HOU JAX and TENN at home
2013 @INDY @HOU JAX and TENN at home

Exhibit B:

2008 @MIA @BUF NE and NYJ at home
2012 @MIA @BUF NE and NYJ at home

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2akqeb87 said:
TheHawkster":2akqeb87 said:

I absolutely hate this quote but I have to agree. The NFL is not ready for the revenge this Seahawks team would put on the Current Steelers. We will unfortunately be playing in London and I would bet large chunk of money on it.

You would have lost a large chunk of money then.. because the London games have already been announced

The full NFL International Series for 2015 will be:

October 4: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins
October 25: Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
November 1: Detroit Lions at Kansas City Chiefs.
(All games in London's Wembley Stadium)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":272fcgr7 said:
That away schedule is brutal. Except maybe Minne, .

i get to see the Hawks here finally

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Don't forget the rule that favors East time zone teams having to travel west.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I was at that game as well. Tons of those awful terrible towels that day; I remember being furious that we allowed so many of those into our stadium. I'll sleep well at night knowing that very few Steeler fans will have the guts to bring those into our stadium going forward.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2a91lsns said:
That game at Minnesota could be a big time sleeper/trap game.

As a vikings fan as well I see alot of similarities between the 2011 Seahawks and this years Vikings. Unless they give up a ton of points the next 2 games they will finish about the same in Points allowed as the 2011 Seahawks, but less points scored.

IF AP plays next season and Bridgewater is able to get all the first team reps (Matt C got ALL of them in preseason and offseason) I have a feeling Vikings will be the breakout team of the year next year. Bridgewater JUST turned 22 and will only be 23 midway through next season so plenty of growth to go. With 2 games to go they have given up 183 less points than they did last year.

That d for the Vikings was HISTORICALLY bad last year and they allowed the most points in the league. Now they are like 6th in pass defense and have been doing pretty well on D. This was Zimmers FIRST year so I can only imagine that the D will most likely be top 5 next year.

That game will be outside btw...at the college stadium and if its towards the winter possibly heavy snow/VERY cold. The new stadium wont be built until the following year.

This year:
Against Bills they were a 4th and 20 stop away from winning the game. With 25 seconds left the Bills were facing a 2nd and 20 at the MIN 30 and somehow got a 28 yard pass to the 2. Bills scored a TD to win with 1 second left

Against the lions if Walsh can make a FG they probably go on to win that game. He was 0/3 in the game. Vikings WERE up 14-0. Lost 14-16 with Bridgewater almost being the leading rusher with 30 something yards.

They will most likely finish 7-9 losing to Miami and probably beating the Bears but they could easily of been a 9-7 team and a 10+ win team with AP if he played this year. In the one game AP played they plastered the Rams at the Rams stadium 34-6

I still think the Seahawks will win the game just because I believe the Seahawks are on a whole different level than any other team but sometimes we have down days.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2u7hw6g2 said:
I was at that game as well. Tons of those awful terrible towels that day; I remember being furious that we allowed so many of those into our stadium. I'll sleep well at night knowing that very few Steeler fans will have the guts to bring those into our stadium going forward.

I wasn't there, nor saw it. I smile with glee at the thought of this game though, I want to see how well they travel this time.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah just because you played a team 'away' before, doesn't mean the next time around you play them at home. That's the default way it works, but there are other factors involved that limit the time and distance that east coast teams have to travel west.

Oddly enough, there's no same rule to protect west coast teams.

Why?

Because this wasn't a rule till brady and bellichik whined about it in new England around 08/09 or something. That's why things got thrown off and we ended up having to play consecutive away games against teams like Pittsburgh and stuff.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Barthawk":1dl783k8 said:
Our Man in Chicago":1dl783k8 said:
The last time Pittsburgh played in Seattle - November 2, 2003 - I was there. It was still called Seahawks Stadium back then.

Yep and there were more Steelers fans than Seahawks fans in attendance.. we still won though 23-16

I wouldn't go that far - gold (yellow) is far more visible than navy/Seahawks blue, and it seemed like there were a lot more than there probably were - but there were scads of them. I was surprised at how well they traveled. They were pretty well behaved, too, as I recall. Good vibes, actually.

Then things changed two years later.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28jtbd9r said:
RichNhansom":28jtbd9r said:
TheHawkster":28jtbd9r said:

You would have lost a large chunk of money then.. because the London games have already been announced

The full NFL International Series for 2015 will be:

October 4: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins
October 25: Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
November 1: Detroit Lions at Kansas City Chiefs.
(All games in London's Wembley Stadium)

Ohh well Uhmm uhmm. your a big poopy head.

irocdave

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1x6fmwd3 said:

I was at that game also. The Stealers fans were a plenty, loud and obnoxious in the first quarter. Still remember the jack ass Stealer fan in front of me talking smack at the start. He shut up around half time and walked out with his towel in his pocket and eyes focused on the ground.

I cant wait for the Stealers to have to come back to Seattle and get their ass whipped. Some of you may be over it, but I'm not. We should be going for our third title. All the S&*^ the Stealers fans talked, " soft Seattle team", if their was a NFL god the Hawks would meet up with the Stealers in the SB this year and annihilate them. Then at the end of the game a bad call assists the hawks with a score to make the largest point differential in any NFL game, let alone a SB.

The NFL has protected the Stealers from having to come back here. Cant do that next year. Stealers aren't making the SB this year so I am really looking forward to the regular season game with them next year, in Seattle.

Latest posts