Seahawks activate CB Tharold Simon

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really if you think about it.. Simon's rookie year was essentially last season. Like kearly said, Byron Maxwell wasn't much to get excited about either .. then one Browner PED suspension later and Maxwell pretty much never relinquished the job.

His Super Bowl was ugly.. but a lot of that was because Julian Edelman was the worst possible WR for Simon to be matched up on. I think that's a big reason they drafted Tye Smith and signed Will Blackmon this year... as they are much better equipped to cover the smaller WR's that work out of the slot as much as they do the outside.

Basically, I'm not giving up on him yet.. and I still think he has a lot of potential. Even at LSU .. he would do the same thing he has so far in Seattle.. moments of brilliance followed by moments of maddening coverage. But he definitely has the physical tools to excel.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1z8h4ndv said:
Really if you think about it.. Simon's rookie year was essentially last season. Like kearly said, Byron Maxwell wasn't much to get excited about either .. then one Browner PED suspension later and Maxwell pretty much never relinquished the job.

His Super Bowl was ugly.. but a lot of that was because Julian Edelman was the worst possible WR for Simon to be matched up on. I think that's a big reason they drafted Tye Smith and signed Will Blackmon this year... as they are much better equipped to cover the smaller WR's that work out of the slot as much as they do the outside.

Basically, I'm not giving up on him yet.. and I still think he has a lot of potential. Even at LSU .. he would do the same thing he has so far in Seattle.. moments of brilliance followed by moments of maddening coverage. But he definitely has the physical tools to excel.

Good post

netskier

Reaction score
I think he will make it here, and will contend for starting right corner if he heals properly and stays healthy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2veepxep said:
Hasselbeck":2veepxep said:

Good post
Agreed as well. Plus he didn't have a training camp last season.

I still have high hopes for Simon and think he could be a very good member of the LOB

svenge

Reaction score
Isn't the recovery rate for corners suffering from repeated 3rd-degree burns rather low?

We should cut him now before he costs us another big game.

Exittium

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":fvk814gu said:
hawknation2015":fvk814gu said:
Great play by Simon tarnished by a terrible PI call . . .

Illegalcontact0
In the end zone, no less.

What i find amusing by a lot of penalties, anyone ever notice a lot of them come from the opposite side or a ref who was further away. Like in this gif, the refs right next to them, throws no flags and he see's everything, but the dude further away can somehow see them better than the guy right next to them

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":25ebtqdw said:
hawknation2015":25ebtqdw said:
Great play by Simon tarnished by a terrible PI call . . .

Illegalcontact0
In the end zone, no less.

Wiped a pick 6 off the board too.

I was at the game in the upper level and could see what a terrible call that was.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chawker":luatr0fi said:
I thought J. Lane would be back by now. Hopefully soon!

You did? Did you see what happened to him only months ago?

Exittium

Reaction score
Chawker":3mqjp38w said:
Basis4day":3mqjp38w said:
Chawker":3mqjp38w said:

Yes! he broke his ankle at the superbowl. it was a broken ankle wasn't it?

Arm

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chawker":3apvzwyw said:
Basis4day":3apvzwyw said:
Chawker":3apvzwyw said:

Compound fracture in his arm and a torn ACL.

Exittium

Reaction score
Basis4day":2pcejtly said:
Chawker":2pcejtly said:
Basis4day":2pcejtly said:
Chawker":2pcejtly said:

Compound fracture in his arm and a torn ACL.

That replay sucked to see.... ugh so clear even now in my head.. :pukeface:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chawker":1dfhhljq said:
wow, thats some real crappy news to here, so I'm thinking he will be on the IR list? friggin MASH unit.

IR with return designation or PUP. The goods news is Burley, T. Smith, and Blackmon have all played well at nickel, at least when they have been healthy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":jfu79q4x said:
Maxwell was a roster bubble nobody his first two years, then suddenly became very good starting corner out of nowhere. I don't know if Simon will do the same, but this franchise churns through so many corners, they will probably find another Byron Maxwell story every few years.

Great comparison, as Maxwell dealt with a bevy of ankle issues his first couple of years as well. I'm pretty sure he was IR'd one year.

Simon shows all the potential in the world, but he can't stay on the field. At some point I have to wonder if this is indicative of his work ethic. He was publicly called out at LSU for not having the best work ethic. The other thing that bothers me about him is there are times when he seems completely unprepared to be on the field.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawks46":1gdd6w9e said:
kearly":1gdd6w9e said:
Maxwell was a roster bubble nobody his first two years, then suddenly became very good starting corner out of nowhere. I don't know if Simon will do the same, but this franchise churns through so many corners, they will probably find another Byron Maxwell story every few years.

Great comparison, as Maxwell dealt with a bevy of ankle issues his first couple of years as well. I'm pretty sure he was IR'd one year.

Simon shows all the potential in the world, but he can't stay on the field. At some point I have to wonder if this is indicative of his work ethic. He was publicly called out at LSU for not having the best work ethic. The other thing that bothers me about him is there are times when he seems completely unprepared to be on the field.

Unprepared and Hot headed..

As for the last part of what kearly said, I think (or hope) our Byron Maxwell story this year is Tye Smith.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lai5a6fm said:
Chawker":lai5a6fm said:
wow, thats some real crappy news to here, so I'm thinking he will be on the IR list? friggin MASH unit.

IR with return designation or PUP. The goods news is Burley, T. Smith, and Thurmond have all played well at nickel, at least when they have been healthy.

We don't have walter thrumond....