"Seahawks are stupid if they don't throw to JG every time."

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2c9y3hf7 said:
#1 offense, 3rd place in their division.

I'll take the Seahawks strategy.

Thanks for your input Drew.
Yep ^
With Graham, there should be a significant increase in RECEPTIONS, because there will be way fewer dropped balls, AND, Wilson's QB rating will go up because of it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tical21":3temijre said:
My fear with Graham is that we don't find that balance, and we force it to him too often when he's not open and make him vulnerable to DB's running full speed at him. Looking for him too often when plays broke down almost got Percy decapitated the first time he took the field for us.

#24 and his abilities + PCs philosophy
IMHO means will will have balance, maybe even more so now, than ever.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd tend to agree with a lot of the posters saying if you force the ball to one guy too much, it makes it easier on the defense. A great example would be Graham playing against us. Graham can be taken out of a game plan, but you need a damned good defense and the right personnel to do it with.

Wilson throws the ball roughly 20 times a game. With Graham helping to open up the run game (this is easy, as with motions and splitting him out, you HAVE to pull a Safety or LB with him), and also being a 1 on 1 mismatch nightmare, we're going to extend a few more drives, convert more 3rd downs, and end up with more offensive plays. We won't have to change the pass/run ratio to get 3-4 extra pass plays a game.

I think it's realistic to see Graham get 8-10 targets a game out of that 20-24. Wilson has shown he'll force it to guys that he trusts, just look at all the times he forces it to Kearse because many times Kearse makes the play. You CAN force the ball to Graham, just go to youtube and look up highlights. Guys can be all over him and he'll still get the ball. Plus, Wilson can uncover him by scrambling around. I don't think Russ will change how he does things fundamentally, just look to improve on his areas of weakness and Graham can help with that.

I honestly think with our run game, Lockett, the possibility of Matthews progressing, it will be balanced to get the ball to Graham between 65-80 times this year. I see him getting about 10-12 TD's in the regular season as well. With Graham's average, and the fact that Russ will hold the ball (probably increasing that average more), we'll probably see 8-900 yards out of him. 70ish catches for 850 yards and 10 TD's is worth our 1st round pick IMO.

LTH

Reaction score
LMAO!!!! I mean, How does anyone really know how Seattle will use JG?

Oh my!

LTH

pmedic920

Reaction score
LTH":1led6ynn said:
LMAO!!!! I mean, How does anyone really know how Seattle will use JG?

Oh my!

LTH

It's not rocket science.
You combine his style with his known abilities,
You add that to the known abilities and style of his team mates.
You multiply that by the known philosophy and history of the coaching staff.
So easy a caveman can do it ;{)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pmedic920":3dr3vhlz said:
The world would have said the same about running Marshawn Lynch from 2nd-and-goal at the one-yard line at the end of a Super Bowl, too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2787rqu7 said:
pmedic920":2787rqu7 said:
The world would have said the same about running Marshawn Lynch from 2nd-and-goal at the one-yard line at the end of a Super Bowl, too.

Ouch.
But yea, the world pretty much said it.
Still saying it, in fact I had to hear on ESPN today. They were talking about deflate gate of all things.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JesterHawk":6ntw5e8b said:
#1 offense, 3rd place in their division.

I'll take the Seahawks strategy.

Thanks for your input Drew.

#1 defense, coupled with the #1 rushing offense and the #27 passing offense... or #1 defense, coupled with the #1 rushing offense and the #1 passing offense's strategy when it comes to pass plays.

I'll take the latter, no matter who's giving the input.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":99xt2igk said:
Paraphrasing Jim Zorn's assessment whom my mom met at a charity event. After her donation of 1K resulted in a signed ball and Jim came up with the ball to say thank you. After she told him that Jim is her favorite Seahawk of all time, they talked shop for a bit.

Jim mentioned he had talked with Drew Brees post Jimmy Graham trade to Seattle. Not only was Brees still upset that his best weapon was traded to away for minimal compensation but Brees lamented that Seattle might not even utilize JG to his top production. It was both Brees' and Zorn's opinion that the Hawks should use Graham in motion or decoy on run plays and throw to him on every passing play because flat out he has the best chance of catching the ball even with defenders hanging on him.

I have to agree with Zorn and Brees but with our offensive strategy of protecting the ball will forcing the ball to Jimmy result in unwanted turnovers? Basically we would split the offensive production/touches between Beast and Jimmy with Russell and remaining cast as the wildcards the defense must contend with. The Hawks now have two guys on offense who can gash for yards downfield even when the defense knows whats coming. The question is will PC and Bevell push to give JG so many opportunities?
I want Jim Zorn for our OC.

He's the most similar player to RW that I've ever seen besides Tarkenton. And he's a great football mind too.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Saints used play-action out of the shotgun really well, and we should be even better at it. Fake the in-line run to Lynch out of the shotgun, and freeze the LB's just enough for Graham to get into that void between the LB's and safeties. The problem with this is that it hasn't been a strength of Russell's game.

When teams run man, I think/hope we're going to see a lot of the boot action with Graham crossing the field.

The Saints ran him up the seam against 2-deep a lot, and we just don't see 2-deep, so at the least, Jimmy is going to have to find other ways to get his numbers.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seems many people feel as tiny as an ant when they talk about their football gods and unfortunately act accordingly.

These football players, both past and present, are just men. I swear this is how religions were formed....

A

Anonymous

Huh!

It just occurred to me; we've been in the last two Super Bowls played, and Graham wasn't on our team then, and now he is.

Whoa.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It could be that the Seahawks force fed Harvin to increase his trade value by giving him opportunity to display his talent.

It would explain the erratic play-calling and ill use or not use of Lynch during that time = not getting carries.

I think the fight with Baldwin was the last straw and that happened in the pre-season.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":37iea3nr said:
It could be that the Seahawks force fed Harvin to increase his trade value by giving him opportunity to display his talent.

It would explain the erratic play-calling and ill use or not use of Lynch during that time = not getting carries.

I think the fight with Baldwin was the last straw and that happened in the pre-season.

But of Course! That must be why we told Wilson to throw that pick, trying to drive down contract value! MAN THESE GUYS ARE GOOD.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":34t55v2z said:
Pandion Haliaetus":34t55v2z said:

But of Course! That must be why we told Wilson to throw that pick, trying to drive down contract value! MAN THESE GUYS ARE GOOD.

Not even the same, they knew they had a problem with Harvin fitting in the culture after the fight with Baldwin, and knew any trade value for Harvin would have to manufactured with touches showing he was healthy and able for any team to take on that headache.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Why would you take away one of RW's best qualities? He is very good at reading defenses and making adjustments. And now with three years of experience behind he should be even better. If it's mandated that he has to through to JG on every pass play then you get what you get not would you could have gotten.

That's not a very goo strategy.

crosfam

Reaction score
I think Graham's numbers go way down. Every team will be so scared, they watch him like a hawk. And all the other receivers' and running backs' numbers go up.

if graham catches only 3-4 a game, we will still dominate. The defenses will say "red zone, where's Jimmy?", and then our other guys get easy mismatch touchdowns. Watch Chris Matthews this year...

Latest posts