Seahawks Color Rush Uniform Thread

Bryce84

Reaction score
Looks pretty good, especially compared to most color rush jerseys. They're definitely unique.

drcool

Reaction score
Greenhell":2ywxsyuo said:
drcool":2ywxsyuo said:
tacomahawk":2ywxsyuo said:
I want one, but so far I don't see any Elites for sale. I wish I knew if they were going to make them or not.

No Elites for the Color Rush jerseys. There will only be the Limited jerseys and the new "Legend" jersey which is a step below the Game jersey. The Legend jersey would almost be what would happen if a jersey and a dri-fit t-shirt had a baby. The fit and cut is more similar to a jersey but the material is a bit lighter.

Haven't heard of the "legend" jerseys? Would like to see a picture and not a stock photo of what they look like. Who's bought one and can post a pic???

The "legend" jersey is brand new for the Color Rush program. Not sure if it will be rolled out to regular jerseys or not. If I see one hanging around the office here I will try and snap a pic. I really want to see one in person myself.

A

Anonymous

Weird. They are starting to look better the more I look at them.

Everything one color is better than pairing with dark pants.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
If I can make it up to the Pro Shop on Friday, I will be wearing one in LA on Sunday. Go Hawks!

two dog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2dribz52 said:
two dog":2dribz52 said:
I would much rather see throwback than color rush.

Are we eligible for throwback? Seems to me I remember someone saying
Paul Allen doesn't like the old uniforms.

This reminds me too much of the one sad game they played in green jerseys.

Eligible...yes. But yeah, it is apparently Allen who doesn't want to see them.

If we wore throwbacks, we couldn't wear our alternate wolf grays.

Man, that's a lousy choice isn't it?
I'll take the wolf grays.

Crizilla

Reaction score
For those who want to see throwbacks, it won't happen. The NFL does not allow teams to change their helmet COLOR. Seahawks could just say ahh oh well....but it would be the old hawk logo on our new helmet, which would look STUPID, so we chose to have grey uni's for our alternate uni's instead of throwbacks.

Possibly the most idiotic, illogical, pointless rule in the history of sports.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
drcool":2txaenwv said:
Greenhell":2txaenwv said:
drcool":2txaenwv said:
tacomahawk":2txaenwv said:
I want one, but so far I don't see any Elites for sale. I wish I knew if they were going to make them or not.

No Elites for the Color Rush jerseys. There will only be the Limited jerseys and the new "Legend" jersey which is a step below the Game jersey. The Legend jersey would almost be what would happen if a jersey and a dri-fit t-shirt had a baby. The fit and cut is more similar to a jersey but the material is a bit lighter.

Haven't heard of the "legend" jerseys? Would like to see a picture and not a stock photo of what they look like. Who's bought one and can post a pic???

The "legend" jersey is brand new for the Color Rush program. Not sure if it will be rolled out to regular jerseys or not. If I see one hanging around the office here I will try and snap a pic. I really want to see one in person myself.

It literally looks like a dry fit t-shirt (though slightly thicker in material) with number and details on it to make it look like a jersey but it's not at all like a jersey. It looks pretty cheap to me and at $100 a pop, it's not much of a deal.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Nothing like a color rush jersey thread to let you know there are some old ass people on this forum

Reaction score
crosfam":1ltm3r6o said:
blue 22":1ltm3r6o said:
How does Denver get to use a throwback helmet and we don't?

There s a one-helmet rule. Denver is changing the decals only, not getting a new helmet. The NYG are doing the same thing, changing decals. So we cannot go back to silver or paint-em green for one game.

SD is changing decals too, but it is hard to tell (eliminating the light blue trim on the bolt, and changing facemasks to yellow). Action green facemasks anyone?

See I dont understand this about the one helmet rule. What about the cowboys wearing the white helmet patriots wearing the white helmet. There has to be more to it than this. Maybe its the alternate uniform thing. Just curious about it would love to see our old uniforms. I kinda like the color rush uniforms. I didnt at first glance bu they are growing on me.

A

Anonymous

On the helmets...

Today's NFL helmets are as close to being surgically implanted as ever before. In the past we've had links posted to articles on the subject, but each player is fitted for their helmet as sanctioned by the league, and as part of all the agreements and contracts related to the whole concussion thing.

Now, I'm not an equipment guy, but I have stayed at Holiday Inn...

Once custom fitted, that helmet insures, quite literally, that player, and the cost associated with producing another one is only paid if it becomes damaged or destroyed. The only way the players could get certain coverages and protections in head injury situations is if that custom helmet specifically fitted for their head was on them and properly strapped, etc. Being properly broken-in is talked about a lot in articles too.

I have been told that the helmets are routinely inspected in accordance with league helmet rules, and embedded rivet bosses and facemask mounting hardware hand-checked in preparence for each game. They are probably even shipped in special padded cases to away games similar to the crown jewels or my pool cue.

Its worth mentioning that certain players still use the older VSR-4 helmets and there are certain exemptions associated with their use. There is suspiciousky little info on this out there though.

As far as color is concerned, it is no longer a paint, but rather the color of the base helmet material itself, and stickers and wrap coverings are adhered to it to complete the look. Teams may only change or remove the logo decals they use for color rush games, but that skull covering remains the same one underneath.

Edit: Apparently, the manufacturers logos have to be removed or covered now, thats how anal they are.

I'm not 100% on the facemasks, but I believe they are switched out for those games for some teams. With the type they use now, the facemask color makes a big difference to the look.

crosfam

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":make6hdq said:
crosfam":make6hdq said:
blue 22":make6hdq said:
How does Denver get to use a throwback helmet and we don't?

There s a one-helmet rule. Denver is changing the decals only, not getting a new helmet. The NYG are doing the same thing, changing decals. So we cannot go back to silver or paint-em green for one game.

SD is changing decals too, but it is hard to tell (eliminating the light blue trim on the bolt, and changing facemasks to yellow). Action green facemasks anyone?

See I dont understand this about the one helmet rule. What about the cowboys wearing the white helmet patriots wearing the white helmet. There has to be more to it than this. Maybe its the alternate uniform thing. Just curious about it would love to see our old uniforms. I kinda like the color rush uniforms. I didnt at first glance bu they are growing on me.

The rule was implemented last year. Prior to that teams like the Pats and Cowboys had alternate helmets. Packers and Washington Rs used to have them too.

Greenhell

Reaction score
drcool":1n8u93pk said:
Greenhell":1n8u93pk said:
drcool":1n8u93pk said:
tacomahawk":1n8u93pk said:

I hope you can snag a pic. Would really like to hear your opinion on them and what they look like. :2thumbs:

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
With all bright green unis pants and Jersey, can someone greenscreen on an image that doesn't make me want rip my eyes from face? So cool to see Rawls on cut back or Bennett sack dance with space needle, stadium, Rainier or something over the green headache. Is possible?

xgeoff

Reaction score
My favorite choices for our current uniforms are the total Wolf Grey set. Those just look awesome to me. The ones with the navy jerseys and wolf grey pants are second. I do love the old original unis as well, too bad about the helmet rule. No biggie, though.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I love them because so many of you care and hate them. It's hilarious and ridiculous to me the amount of attention paid to these uniforms we wear once in a blue moon. Again, I love it!

Latest posts