Seahawks Draft needs

brimsalabim

Reaction score
CPHawk":12w84jtj said:
Building the OL through the draft means we won't win another SB for at least 3 more years. We have to sign 2-3 FA, and draft DL, CB and OLB. Our window is now, we can't wait for rookie OL to develop.
This staff will not sign a free agent offensive tackle worth salt. That is a pipe dream. The best we can hope for is that enough guys come out early that maybe the left tackle from ND falls to our pick and what ever defensive tackle Pete has his eye on is already off the board when our first pick comes up. From what I'm reading there are only two or three tackles in this draft that even project as staying at tackle in the NFL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1pn5ywpa said:
OldWiseHawk":1pn5ywpa said:
I've become enamored with Kevin King from UW and I'm a Coug fan. Obviously not our greatest need, but this kid has the size and skill to make an immediate impact with a day two or three pick. I've seen him ranked as low as the 7th CB to the 31st. I think he could use a little bulking up, but he'd be a solid addition to the LOB.

He will rise as the process moves along. If Seattle wants him, they'll have to burn a 2nd round on him. That might not do it either.

He should be among the top 5 testers at his position.

As for bulking, I can see that. Although to be honest, he has 'it' when it comes to attacking the run. As slight as he is, he's a very physical player who will bring the attitude Seattle loves in it's CBs. Sherman is a slight guy too, but is a tackling beast. King is every bit that.

He's not our greatest need. But of all of the players in this draft at any position, I can't think of a player who is as perfect a match for what we covet at their position.

If he duplicates the testing he produced this March at the Husky combine, he'd probably be the best testing DB on our roster the day he walks in the door.

I'm with you on the interior pass rush, but after Shead's injury, I'm thinking CB might be our biggest need.

Lane was disappointing last year, and with his poor tackling, I don't like the idea of him being on the outside. You miss a tackle out there and it's an automatic 10 extra yards at the least.

I can see us getting a comp pick for Willson, maybe a 4th ? If we lose our 2nd round pick due to stupidity, I see us trading back into the early 2nd round. What can we expect for interior pass rush and CB with two 2nd round picks ?

titan3131

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3jq2h1r2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/821149510143508481[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/821146537153556480[/tweet]

Between this and Luke's end of season interview, it doesn't seem like he'll be back.

Granted,

but Ryan Grigson is one o the worst GM's in the NFL. In fact he was fired just this last week!! His garbage deal might not effect the market for Luke that much...

But if Luke can get that $ then lets get taht comp pick!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If this guy drops to when the Seahawks pick....he must be taken. Mike Williams, WR , Clemson. He's a definite WR1 potential. He's drawn comparisons to DeAndre Hopkins, Plaxico Burress, and Martavius Bryant (depending on who's analysis you view).

[youtube]HiY5t0GOgz0[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":343de00s said:
If this guy drops to when the Seahawks pick....he must be taken. Mike Williams, WR , Clemson. He's a definite WR1 potential. He's drawn comparisons to DeAndre Hopkins, Plaxico Burress, and Martavius Bryant (depending on who's analysis you view).

[youtube]HiY5t0GOgz0[/youtube]

Needs to change his name, the last few Mike Williams have been huge busts.

sondevil89

Reaction score
chris98251":8kadnt0u said:
Needs to change his name, the last few Mike Williams have been huge busts.

LOL, is it just my imagination or is there a new rendition every year?

Can you hear him answering every question, "I'm not THAT Mike Williams."

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the guys I want will be gone. Would love Fournette or cook, but that won't happen. I think the two tackles ramzyk and Robinson will be gone too. So, I would like to see them trade back and pick up foreman. D'onte Foreman is way underrated in my opinion. That dude is huge and lightning fast. He has great vision and great feet for a big dude. I think he would be a perfect fit with rawls, prosise, Reece and maybe even Ac.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
D'onte Foreman is interesting. We should add another RB to the stable.

But, I'd love to add a pocket crusher this draft. Along with upgrading our linebackers.

massari

Reaction score
If only Rawls and Prosise can be trusted to stay healthy. Starting to jump on the bandwagon of getting a RB early.

CPHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":12g5jnce said:
D'onte Foreman is interesting. We should add another RB to the stable.

But, I'd love to add a pocket crusher this draft. Along with upgrading our linebackers.

We need a RB for sure, then CB and LB.

I wouldn't mind Foreman in round 1 and the top rated CB left on the board in round 2.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
CB is a big need, but I agree we should be able to find a good one after the 1st Rd. I would love to add Foreman, but we probably wouldn't use him enough to justify a 1st. It's intereating that LaVon Bell was nearly 240 in college. Put Foreman in our strength and conditioning program and lookout.

But, I urge you to go back and rewatch the Atlanta game and focus on Ahtyba Rubin. He's supposed to be slow but stout, yet he is blown up consistently. Roller skates style. He occupies space, but he doesn't anchor good enough nor does he pass rush. Too often this season we said "where's the pass rush".