Seahawks expected to release DE Red Bryant

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Jville":8d1nym5h said:
The media and the rush to be first cracks me up ..... LOL

Teams do not have to be under the cap until 3-11.

Red Bryant's scheduled roster bonus is not due until 3-14.

So far the media has cut Clemons .... Rice .... & .... Bryant.

So ..... who will be next as the latest breaking news target.

Any nominations?

Miller

seadoc30

Reaction score
This is not gana a have a good affect on the chemistry.. great leaders like Big Red are as essential as a great head coach.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2warq5on said:
I know the chorus of 'it's overrated' will correspond after I post this, but Red was a bone fide leader and veteran Seahawk. He was the spiritual leader of that team pre-Russ, maybe he comes back at a lower rate. I'm really gonna miss hearing him say "we wanted to weeeiiin."
I agree 100%. He will be missed. I hope they have a plan to adequately replace him.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Would rather have Bennett over Red. Quite frankly I don't remember Red being a factor in any games this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not surprised given his salary I bet Clemons is next. If this is true Bennett will be resigned which is very good given his unusual versitility and the fact we could easily give him 10 million per.

Atradees

Reaction score
Seahawkscrazy":3kfz4ie6 said:
I think Jesse Williams might be the answer here. That or the kid from OAK?
I am hoping Jesse Williams can even play football. I guess we will see.

brettb3

Reaction score
seadoc30":3d9mdzxy said:
This is not gana a have a good affect on the chemistry.. great leaders like Big Red are as essential as a great head coach.
As much as I love Red, he's not nearly as essential as our head coach.

Seafan

Reaction score
There have been rumors about Rice, Red, Zack and Clem. Clayton mentioned all four of them. Rice confirmed with his tweet. None are surprising but they haven't happened yet. Anything can happen. All of them can be restructured. I'm not worried about it. JS & PC know what they are doing. Of all the sports teams in Seattle's history this cuurent ownership/management/coaching group is the best. No other is close. No reason to question their moves.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hate to see him go but it's understandable. Dude reps East Texas well. Played HS Ball just down the road from me.
I wish only good things for him. So happy he's got a SB under his belt.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are just making reports based on numbers, nobody has been cut, renegotiations and restructures can happen but may have not yet, we don't release information till it is done or are required to. These reports are no more accurate then our boards speculation based on what they see, not what will be.

Happy

Reaction score
Always had a soft spot for big red. He plays the game the right way.

Remember that pick six he got against the bears? :)

Bryant2

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Before I react... I'll wait until the actuality of the event, because for all we know... Bryant is discussing a paycut and restructure to remain with the team.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Big Red is a badddd man.

809259398.gif

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Happy":1im9o787 said:
Always had a soft spot for big red. He plays the game the right way.

Remember that pick six he got against the bears? :)

Bryant2

Such a great play and memory for me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2z8ox2zb said:
I agree 100%. He will be missed. I hope they have a plan to adequately replace him.
Really?

I don't understand comments like this

Hawkspur

Reaction score
If you haven't heard the interview he, Robinson and Mebane did onthe ESPN Football Today podcast I suggest checking it out. Particularly if you want to get an insight into his leadership. Very sensible and articulate, to go along with his beastliness on the field. I really hope they can find a way to keep him with the Seahawks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1rju8afx said:
If you haven't heard the interview he, Robinson and Mebane did onthe ESPN Football Today podcast I suggest checking it out. Particularly if you want to get an insight into his leadership. Very sensible and articulate, to go along with his beastliness on the field. I really hope they can find a way to keep him with the Seahawks.

Here was the one he did with MRob and Mebane on the Dave Dameshek ATL NFL podcast. It has some good stuff from Red in it as well

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/aroundth...53462000/detail?campaign=Twitter_podcasts_atl

Do you have a link for the ESPN Football Today podcast?