Seahawks favored by 10 vs. Arizona next week

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't want to look past them, they have a good defense and the offense has woken up, they have won a string of games and it's a divisional game, no bigger sense of gratification then being a spoiler and possibly improving their chance at a wild card for them. They will bring everything they have.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I think thats being kinda generous. Cards have been playing really good of late and have the personnel to give us fits on both offense and defense.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Cards have been very good. They still have a lot to play for and a lot on the line. We better bring our A game. I think our defense looks ready. I don't know about our offense. We need to eliminate the stupid penalties on offense and Russell Wilson needs to make sure this is taken care of. We need to really mix the throws and the runs. We have become pathetically predictable and teams are challenging Wilson to throw. Let's use those TEs. We don't need the 30+ yards throws. 10 yards is good enough.

Will I

Reaction score
@kentsomers: Fitzgerald is not OK. He will be tested for concussion, didn't feel well after the game. he was out of it on the sideline after the hit.

AZ May be short their #1 WR

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1xofej22 said:
I think thats being kinda generous. Cards have been playing really good of late and have the personnel to give us fits on both offense and defense.

Betting market don't lie yo. Cards aren't a bad team but we win this one better than 75% of the time per historical pointspread data. I don't care if we actually cover the spread or not.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Anyway, the Cards are 3-4 on the road. They've done well lately on the strength of playing a lot of home games. They're a solid enough team all in all, but an unlikely one to win next week.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really don't care about betting lines and fantasy football stats, I look at whats on the line, what the stake is and the heart of the players. Arizona has everything to lose and a embarrassment to avenge. We are at home and in a too comfortable position possibly. Stuff happens and we need to be hungry.

Riley12

Reaction score
The hunger will be there - HFA and the division to wrap up, undefeated home record to maintain
and it is our tuneup for the playoffs.

The crowd will be in a frenzy from the anthem until victory is sealed and the team will feed on the energy
like a vampire on a virgin.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
chris98251":2gexebut said:
I really don't care about betting lines and fantasy football stats, I look at whats on the line, what the stake is and the heart of the players. Arizona has everything to lose and a embarrassment to avenge. We are at home and in a too comfortable position possibly. Stuff happens and we need to be hungry.

Umm well betting lines and fantasy football stats have nothing to do with each other, that's like saying "I don't care about jogging or bubble wrap." Betting lines actually have significant predictive value, and years of statistics back that up. Historically, favorites win at the following clips:

PK: 50%
1-2.5 point favorites: 51%
3 point favorites: 60%
3.5 point favorites: 63%
4-6.5 point favorites: 67%
7 point favorites: 74%
7.5-10 point favorites: 76%
10.5-14 point favorites: 81%
14.5+ point favorites: 96%
Source: http://techguyinmidtown.com/2009/09/25/ ... nt-spread/

Unless you think these statistics have somehow been arrived at as some significant coincidence, hand-waving betting lines away is nothing a person should do. The sharp money is the most objective source there is, a lot more than those of us fans who have an emotional stake in things and don't see everything as clearly.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I have all the respect in the world for the Cards Defense. It seems like I am always worried when we play the cards and then we beat 'em. Really the first game last year would probably been a decently easy win for us if it wasn't Wilson's first game. The Seahawks were holding back as far as play calling and Russ and the receivers didn't have that connection that they have now.

I think we actually match up well with the Cardinals, it's the Rams that drive me up a wall. I wish that their #94 Quinn would just go to another division or join us. I don't even care about Chris Long except they have Quinn on the other side.

I'm so glad we are done with the Giants. It felt like a "Trap Game" to me in spite of the whole "one day at a time and every Game is a Championship opportunity" stuff we always say. I was afraid coming off the Niners game and knowing after the NY game we would be home that we would have a bit of a letdown.

Now let's go beat the Cards up and secure HFA! We should beat them by 10, but I'll take a 1 point win, too.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3i15asg6 said:
chris98251":3i15asg6 said:

Umm well betting lines and fantasy football stats have nothing to do with each other, that's like saying "I don't care about jogging or bubble wrap." Betting lines actually have significant predictive value, and years of statistics back that up. Historically, favorites win at the following clips:

Unless you think these statistics have somehow been arrived at as some significant coincidence, hand-waving betting lines away is nothing a person should do. The sharp money is the most objective source there is, a lot more than those of us fans who have an emotional stake in things and don't see everything as clearly.

Believe me bro... trying to discuss the properties of sports wagering with the majority in here (with few exceptions) is like jogging on bubble wrap: Pointless.

Edit: I was unable to tell by looking at the chart, how big of a sample size was used. Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but how many years back did this programmer go back to arrive to this conclusion. I would hate to think that all of these years of racking numbers and creating lines before betting the game, all I had to do was bet the biggest favorite. You're very comfortable with this study?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":3h9i82kx said:

It's typically a very good judge of things.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":10vsufqn said:
chris98251":10vsufqn said:

:13:

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HawkWow":2u8cyvf3 said:
Believe me bro... trying to discuss the properties of sports wagering with the majority in here (with few exceptions) is like jogging on bubble wrap: Pointless.

I know that there are a lot of widespread misconceptions out there. But as someone who believed in the same misconceptions just a couple of years ago, I figure that it's worthwhile to lay the information out for people since they may not be aware of it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":z5q0664r said:
HawkWow":z5q0664r said:

I know that there are a lot of widespread misconceptions out there. But as someone who believed in the same misconceptions just a couple of years ago, I figure that it's worthwhile to lay the information out for people since they may not be aware of it.

I edited my post above to ask you a question about this graph. Please check it out if you would. I certainly use a different approach, but I sure the hell don't win all the time either. I'm curious. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HawkWow":2cty22qw said:
Edit: I was unable to tell by looking at the chart, how big of a sample size was used. Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but how many years back did this programmer go back to arrive to this conclusion. I would hate to think that all of these years of racking numbers and creating lines before betting the game, all I had to do was bet the biggest favorite. You're very comfortable with this study?

The raw data listed below the chart gives a sample size. I added it up and it comes in around 15 seasons worth of NFL games. The study just regards who wins the games outright and not who covers the spread; I don't have near as much knowledge of that stuff because I don't generally bet sports (I mostly stick to poker).

So this info is really more useful just as a fan for predictive purposes, unless you see a money line that deviates from where it should be given the point spread.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aha. If not for the ganja, I would have determined as much. I appreciate your reply.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Cardinals are for real right now. Let's not look past....Oh wait...BREAKING NEWS...THE GAME IS GOING TO BE PLAYED IN CENTURY LINK!

Game over. Goodnight Cards.

Latest posts