Seahawks "interested" in Gus Bradley [Signed w/ SD]

IrishNW

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":uywdp5tn said:
IrishNW":uywdp5tn said:
The 2013 D-line was the 2012 d-line with bennett and avril added(doesnt matter if they didnt start). Gus bradley had 1 legit pass rusher on his d-line and a rookie bruce irvin. Quinn had 4 legit pass rushers that all contributed and all stayed healthy. The linebackers and secondary stayed the same with Maxwell taking over for BB.

Are you sticking to him having the least amount of talent out the 3 DCs?

yes

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":22sxue85 said:
If Gus can stop a 3rd and long I'm down.

This board was screaming in 2012 about how he couldn't.

Kris Richard is pretty underrated. The fact that we were still one of league's top pass defenses against big plays without Sherman, Avril, or Kam is not exactly an indictment.

chris98251

Reaction score
You guys are trying to compare these.

Apples

They are all apples just a different color or level of sweetness.

Bradley had a great group to start with, Quinn a more aggressive approach, Richard a more seasoned group, all were top defenses except this year where injuries took the toll and yet we were still very respectable with our young guys and pickups filling in. This is not really something to get into a pissing contest with.

Between the age progression, the newness of our defense in the league and styles of the DC's we have maintaining what we have been able to do is a credit to all three as well as Pete and teaching abilities of our coaches.

Next year we will see once again how good our staff is in the rebuild or re tool effort.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RussB":37ejp4vw said:
Didnt really have a problem with richard other than the terrible 3rd down defense. Cable is the one that needs to be gone.

Richard was very serviceable and seemed to learn and improve and adjust over the course of this year.
Beating the Cowboys with a great defensive effort from a banged-up defense of rookies and backups was excellent. Getting pressure on Dak Prescott and sacking him on the plays that mattered was priceless.

At the start, Richard seemed to not truly understand how to dial up D-Line pressure.
I think he gets that now, and/or has other coaches who pitch in with that part of the scheme.

I'd be fine with having Richard back. I'd be fine with having Bradley back also. Quinn will be in Atlanta for a good long time so moot point.

I don't really know whether Bevell or Cable is the bigger problem, but the O-Line is the worst position group, and that's Cable's job to make the group serviceable, and in what, around 5 years of Cable, our O-Line is still awful?

lukerguy

Reaction score
The 2017 Jags are proof that Gus lacks something in the form of a coach. I saw a stat that Bill Belichick could go 0-16 for 49 straight seasons and still have a higher win % than Gus as a HC.. lol

The only positive of Gus was he was a master motivator. I also think he may be more respected. I don't get the idea they are respectfully fearful of RIchard like they are Gus.

[youtube]ofv2MgMoFG8[/youtube]

LolaRox

Reaction score
Why are they looking to replace Kris? I really don't understand this unless Kris is getting the Colts HC.

1. If Pete reviewed this team and decided that Kris is the only coach that needs to go I'll be beyond disappointed. Of the three Kris should be the last to go and I really don't think he needs to go.

2. I'm not impressed with Gus, he had some serious flaws while here and he was a disaster in JAX. I didn't watch the Chargers this year so can't speak on that, but none of his past few years shows that he is better than Kris.

IrishNW

Reaction score
LolaRox":1l08w4ex said:
Why are they looking to replace Kris? I really don't understand this unless Kris is getting the Colts HC.

1. If Pete reviewed this team and decided that Kris is the only coach that needs to go I'll be beyond disappointed. Of the three Kris should be the last to go and I really don't think he needs to go.

2. I'm not impressed with Gus, he had some serious flaws while here and he was a disaster in JAX. I didn't watch the Chargers this year so can't speak on that, but none of his past few years shows that he is better than Kris.

I think Kris might be getting that colts job. His biggest competition is Josh McDaniels and McDaniels is rumored to be the top choice for the bears. This would make more sense to me as well because i dont think Kris really did that bad given the circumstances.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If Kris Richard goes to a HC job, I really like this move..... as long has his "prevent" defense isn't the same BS we had when he was here before.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Just spitballing here but if Richard is to get replaced rather than get a HC job elsewhere then might it be because of a perceived fracturing of relationships with defensive players? Could be a cultural thing rather than play calling per se?

Mojambo

Reaction score
I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference between Gus Bradley and Kris Richard. And it's Pete's defense anyway. It's going to be basically the same no matter who is coordinating.

I would gladly sacrifice Richard to get rid of Cable.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":255jeyhu said:
Richards is Gus 2.0

And the sequel is not better than the original. I'd much rather have Gus back. His one real weakness was end of games. Richard has that same weakness, only he has other ones that cost us games too.

DJrmb

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2ica971w said:
Just spitballing here but if Richard is to get replaced rather than get a HC job elsewhere then might it be because of a perceived fracturing of relationships with defensive players? Could be a cultural thing rather than play calling per se?
I was thinking something similar too. Maybe Gus could help with some of the relations between the guys. He seemed to really be respected and trusted by a lot of the "core" and leaders. Also, maybe bringing him in could partially be a move to try and get a guy or two to want to come back (Maybe a Kam or Cliff decide to play again under Gus or it helps with resigning Earl or something)? IDK, just spitballing a bit too on that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":f6vk7czt said:
I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference between Gus Bradley and Kris Richard. And it's Pete's defense anyway. It's going to be basically the same no matter who is coordinating.

I would gladly sacrifice Richard to get rid of Cable.

So would I, and even more than that.

My problem is why should we have to and why does this not even make any sense?

Does Cable have his claws that deep into the org. that they need to displace coordinators on the D side of the ball as well?

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Reads that Bradley could replace Richard

Yeah this seems pointless. Lateral move. Why even bother...

Reads that Cable would also be fired

DO IT PETE DO IT

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vpk0718":n6n0uc8a said:
Reads that Bradley could replace Richard

Yeah this seems pointless. Lateral move. Why even bother...

Reads that Cable would also be fired

DO IT PETE DO IT

Maybe X's and O's wise it's a lateral move...............but go back to the Bradley days and you can't deny that the players responded to him better than they do Richard.

I'd love for Bradley to come back, I think he's a hell of a motivator and the players love playing for him. Not so sure you can say that about Richard.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2ivwiba2 said:
What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?

They'd probably let Cable go to find a new opportunity rather than keeping him around after a demotion. Better for everyone. Cable's name, right or wrong, carries weight - he's getting HC looks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score