Seahawks "interested" in Gus Bradley [Signed w/ SD]

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Pete is doing Gus a favor.

Chargers want to bring him back, but if another team is "interested" in him, he has more leverage in contract negotiatins.

James in PA

Reaction score
Ok, it’s been a couple days now since this story broke. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable been canned yet??!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkfish

Reaction score
James in PA":3ermcshu said:
Ok, it’s been a couple days now since this story broke. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable been canned yet??!! ;)

YEAH!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/950808245605629954[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/950808615018905600[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well that certainly makes things more interesting.

If Pete's firing Richard and hiring Bradley, then we probably get him. But if Pete just wants him in some quasi advisory role to help Richard?...........then not sure Bradley takes that job over a real D-Coordinator job elsewhere.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Now is the time to fire Cable, fire Richard, and hire Gus to be DC/Assistant HC.

Tick tock.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3diet96n said:
WindCityHawk":3diet96n said:
What am I missing here? Why would Cable be fired if we got a new DC? He's still the O-line coach, no?

They'd probably let Cable go to find a new opportunity rather than keeping him around after a demotion. Better for everyone. Cable's name, right or wrong, carries weight - he's getting HC looks.

I don't see any proof that his name carries weight, teams aren't beating down the door to interview him. Do you have any information that he's interviewed for any of the available jobs (or even that teams have asked permission)? It was rumored awhile back that the Colts were interested, but I never saw it reported that he interviewed, only that KR did.

The more time passes the more my hopes are dashed that TC or DB will be fired. If Peter was going to fire them it seems he would have done it sooner to give them a chance to pursue other open positions that are now being filled.

mikeak

Reaction score
James in PA":1n4gghlp said:
Ok, it’s been a couple days now since the season ended. Why hasn’t Bradley been hired and Cable, Bevell been canned yet??!! ;)

FIFY

James in PA

Reaction score
Breaking news: Bradley is returning to the Chargers. :(

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Not a disaster. Our defense has been underrated with Richard considering all the injuries.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Welp that kinda sucks. More from the perspective of Gus potentially replacing Cable as AHC and Cable moving on than from a defensive perspective IMO

Seymour

Reaction score
James in PA":bszrie3p said:

Shouldn't even friggen matter. Fire Cable, make Richard assistant head coach put Bevell on 1 year notice with the run game now and find the best oline coach available. Also fire any scout involved in the last few oline drafts and move on GD it!! :x

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Heck at this point I’d be interested at Gus Bradley at OL coach, running game coordinator or OC!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":2vjj8t6t said:
James in PA":2vjj8t6t said:

Shouldn't even friggen matter. Fire Cable, make Richard assistant head coach put Bevell on 1 year notice with the run game now and find the best oline coach available. Also fire any scout involved in the last few oline drafts and move on GD it!! :x

This. So much this.

lukerguy

Reaction score
No body commented on my hilarious stat about Gus Bradley's record... :cry:

I'd like to have DCs who specialize in skills outside of what they learned under PC... Dan Quinn for example.

Richard is a fine DC, and we would be lucky to have him as DC if we ever lost PC, but it's a little redundant to have your DC be a secondary expert when PC is that expert. The best DC for our team is someone who can get the most out of the DLINE. We had WAYYY more talent at DLINE than we've ever had, yet they played average.

Look at the DLINE play under Quinn; he got so much more out of them.

original poster

Reaction score
As long as we keep those corner blitzes that kept working later in the season I’ll be happy!

They were absolutely marvellous to watch.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":2upc9y12 said:
As long as we keep those corner blitzes that kept working later in the season I’ll be happy!

They were absolutely marvellous to watch.
I loved seeing that as well.
I was shocked when I saw that in fact.
With a healthy/exp D I think KR may be a pretty good DC.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
IrishNW":6yqm0msx said:
Seanhawk":6yqm0msx said:
Ugh. Not a fan of this. Bradley's defenses had the same deficiencies as Richard's. Lateral move at best. Then the possibility of grooming him as the next head coach? Double ugh.

Gus Bradley had the least amount of talent out of all of our coordinators. When Dan Quinn took over we added Mike Bennett and Cliff Avril. I think you could make the case that Gus Bradley actually got the most bang for your buck.

This is true. I like the move. I am wondering who else on the coaching staff is going to change. I do not think the blood letting is done.

Latest posts