Seahawks looking for o-line help

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2oxqy59r said:
Should've just signed Mathis. The information was the same during preseason when we had the chance.
Agree. Guessing the "progression" of the o-line hasn't been what Cable and Pete were expecting. Sad thing is that it wouldn't have cost the Hawks anything in terms of draft picks/players.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Matthews or Kearse and a pick to the Browns for Thomas. Plus get Cleveland to take most of Thomas' salary for the rest of the year and it will work. Trading Kearse would free up more cap space I believe

seabowl

Reaction score
Alex Mack maybe the better choice based on need instead of Thomas.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seabowl":1igew9tr said:
Yeah, and read on another thread that Thomas' contract allows him to void the last three years after this year. That makes him undesirable IMO. But Mack would be a HUGE upgrade at C.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1k670wsq said:
seabowl":1k670wsq said:
Yeah, and read on another thread that Thomas' contract allows him to void the last three years after this year. That makes him undesirable IMO. But Mack would be a HUGE upgrade at C.

And plus Mack's contract is front-loaded, which is what Schneider loves.

timmat

Reaction score
Matthews will catch a lot of balls for the first team that gives him a consistent chance. I wish that team would be us. He was given consistent targets only once, and he tore it up. I wish they'd show something doesn't work vs never trying.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt .. I figured I'd share this since this rumor popped up today so the cat is basically out of the bag.

A person I know that's pretty vested in the organization and has some pretty strong sources, basically told me the FO is trying to swap a WR, then restructure one of their bigger deals (possibly Mebane with an extension.. or by shuffling money for Thomas/Sherman) to fit in Alex Mack. He's a guy they covet basically. However, the deal would not be cheap (think 1st round pick). He said the WR's being mentioned as possibly being included in the deal are Matthews or Kearse.

So again... grain of salt here.. the rumor has validity it seems.. but it doesn't necessarily mean it is anywhere close to happening, especially with the cap restrictions.. the FO would have to do some other things to fit in a salary of a veteran OL.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2o3tl8vq said:
DavidSeven":2o3tl8vq said:
Should've just signed Mathis. The information was the same during preseason when we had the chance.
Agree. Guessing the "progression" of the o-line hasn't been what Cable and Pete were expecting. Sad thing is that it wouldn't have cost the Hawks anything in terms of draft picks/players.

You guys must not have seen him play this year. He's been awful for the Broncos.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Mack would be an amazing pickup - and would be a significant upgrade over Unger. Brown lineman have significant experience in the zone blocking scheme.

Move some money around and make it happen!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ywexu5p said:
Take this with a grain of salt .. I figured I'd share this since this rumor popped up today so the cat is basically out of the bag.

A person I know that's pretty vested in the organization and has some pretty strong sources, basically told me the FO is trying to swap a WR, then restructure one of their bigger deals (possibly Mebane with an extension.. or by shuffling money for Thomas/Sherman) to fit in Alex Mack. He's a guy they covet basically. However, the deal would not be cheap (think 1st round pick). He said the WR's being mentioned as possibly being included in the deal are Matthews or Kearse.

So again... grain of salt here.. the rumor has validity it seems.. but it doesn't necessarily mean it is anywhere close to happening, especially with the cap restrictions.. the FO would have to do some other things to fit in a salary of a veteran OL.
Thanks for this man. Trying not to get my hopes up................failing miserably.

hawk45

Reaction score
Man with Graham out there, Lockett and Lynch as weapons Mack would have a bigger impact than any of our other receivers, maybe even any two of our other receivers.

randomation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31882mo2 said:

Hopefully it's Kearse more salary cap room and can stick Matthews out there and see what he can do.

chris98251

Reaction score
If your worried about cap room then Graham is our most expensive receiver.

Your not going to get those guys cheap if you want them and they know you need help.

randomation

Reaction score
chris98251":1bvw8mgb said:
If your worried about cap room then Graham is our most expensive receiver.

Your not going to get those guys cheap if you want them and they know you need help.

Graham is also our best receiver. Kearse dropped a third down pass in his breadbasket that would have iced the super bowl and Russ forces passes to him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Browns don't care they want what they want and it won't be cheap, give up something or don't play the game, when your needing help the other GM's know it.

leto69

Reaction score
There wont be any trades following a loss to Dallas, they will ride it out and rebuild at the end of the season. With luck Tom Cable will have no input in who they draft or sign....

jake206

Reaction score
In all honesty, they really need a veteran center, who can take over the line calls from RW. aka Alex Mack.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I am very wary of any trades given our recent history of bad deals/luck. We seem to do much better in the draft than we do with trades.

The Outfield

Reaction score
jake206":564z620q said:
In all honesty, they really need a veteran center, who can take over the line calls from RW. aka Alex Mack.

aka Max Unger :stirthepot:

Latest posts