Seahawks out of hunt for Andre Johnson (Signed w/ Colts)

knownone

Reaction score
JTB":30airk97 said:
Hopkins clearly was their #1 WR last year and it's telling to me than Houston let AJ go when they have really nobody besides Hopkins at WR. On top of that, 33/34 year old skill position players are rarely productive. It's a young man's game.

I could be dead wrong but I doubt it. Father time is undefeated.
AJ was let go because Houston didn't want to pay him 16 million and they knew he wouldnt restructure. They offered him a bogus role that they knew would offend him in order to save face when cutting him. It had very little to do with his perceived lack of ability and everything to do with him not being worth 16 mil.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I give Seattle about a .5% chance. This is just not going to happen.

ErikG803

Reaction score
The longer he's in Indy without a contract, the more I think there's actually a chance this happens. Good to see I'm setting myself up for some disappointment :snack:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If it came down to just Colts and Seahawks.

I can see a lot of things to like about Indy.

But Colts have made the PS three times and absolutely been thumped to the ground when it mattered most.

Seahawks were 30 seconds away from three NFC CGs and appeared in two SB, winning 1 and 1 yard of winning another.

AJ would be adding his services to a team that has the potential to be a #1 Running Game and #1 Defense. With him and Graham the Passing Game would be much more improved, dependable.

With Colts, there D would be 10-15 at best, I don't think thier running game would improve wholly with Gore, probably middle tier at best.

Sure he'll have Luck and a bigger role but if he wants the best chance to win Championships, he'll choose the team with more potential, with more talent, and one that has crazy amount of Championship experience.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hopefully if the price is right the Seahawks can pull off getting AJ. The offense would be light years better in the passing game after these new moves, but I still wonder what will be done with the O-line, probably a lot of draft picks competing.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":o3x4hsea said:
Seahawks were 30 seconds away from three NFC CGs and appeared in two SB, winning 1 and 1 yard of winning another.

This

Andre Johnson has been a superstar

Andre Johnson has made a TON of money

Andre Johnson does not have a superbowl ring

Maybe the option of playing with your friend and former coach outweighs that as he feels he can win in Indy. I got no issue with that but I would think he wants to win now. That is why he asked out of Houston.....

stack600

Reaction score
Colts signed Gore for 12mil (not sure of actual contract) but how much do they have to throw at another 30+ Skill Player ?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Andre Johnson would fit right in based off his work ethnic and hunger to win . I really hope this happens .

Unlike some of you , I still want to sign an Andre Johnson , Dwayne Bowe , Reggie Wayne type of player. Less so Reggie Wayne due to age but i would like one of them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2zemrvof said:
Is the only source on Seattle's supposed interest John Clayton?

Andre Johnson himself was interested, per his brother.

The Indy connections just make a lot more sense... what with Gore, Pagano, Chudzinski and the opportunity to play with Luck in a pass-happy offense AND see his ex-team twice a year.

I just don't see how Seattle can top that.. this isn't even getting into the financial side of it.. where Indy would be able to outbid us if they so desire.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2fnmbj8z said:
Andre Johnson would fit right in based off his work ethnic and hunger to win . I really hope this happens .

Unlike some of you , I still want to sign an Andre Johnson , Dwayne Bowe , Reggie Wayne type of player. Less so Reggie Wayne due to age but i would like one of them.

We don't want Wayne or Bowe... believe me.

If we're going the veteran route, Cecil Shorts would be an interesting option. He put up numbers in a really bad situation and is the same age as Golden Tate. Could be a steal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like Cecil Shorts as well. I don't think we can pay AJ enought but who knows, I would of never thought Graham coming was an option either.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnson80/status/575749656082317312[/tweet]

Moving to NFL Forum as he's now a colt

ErikG803

Reaction score
Well, 3/21 certainly wasn't the number I had in mind for him. Too bad, would have been pumped if he came here.

mikeak

Reaction score
3 years - $21million - WOW

Yeah they can have him. Interesting to me that an organization with one of the best young QBs in the league is acting like their window is closing.....

Latest posts