Seahawks out of hunt for Andre Johnson (Signed w/ Colts)

Hawks46

Reaction score
7 mil/year is too much for him.

I really wouldn't understand that move after we wouldn't pay Tate 6 mil/year, and Tate is clearly better at this point in his career.

naholmes

Reaction score
Take the 7 mil/year and sign a pair of Raiders, Andre Holmes and Stefen Wisniewski.

kearly

Reaction score
Depending on how the deal is structured, it might be a reasonable 1 year deal with 2 team option years that won't get picked up. Sounds like Seattle never got a chance for him, which is a shame.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kearly":3qvwv1rw said:
Depending on how the deal is structured, it might be a reasonable 1 year deal with 2 team option years that won't get picked up. Sounds like Seattle never got a chance for him, which is a shame.

Maybe if his buddy Gore didn't get cold feet.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To be fair, Andre did catch for 1,400 yards two years ago and nearly 1,000 last season with no QB. HOU was also the most run-dominant team in the league last year, and he had share catches with Hopkins. The age does concern me, though. However, I think Boldin's been around $6m/year in the later stages of his career, so I don't think this is too bad.

The big target guys seem to have roughly the same cap hits. It'd be interesting to see what the .NET poll results would've been on these options prior to free agency (assuming you can only have one):

• Brandon Marshall / Lose: 5th Round Pick (or let's say Seattle's 4th)
  • Jimmy Graham + 4th Round Pick / Lose: Late 1st Round Pick and Max Unger
  • Andre Johnson / Lose: Potentially a 4th Round Comp Pick in 2016.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Luck fans have no excuse now. Their run game is going to definitely improve with Gore and they just got a still dangerous WR in Johnson to pair with TY

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet he was more interested in Seattle than the other way around. We've just traded for Jimmy Graham. Time to find a couple of pieces for the DL and/or OL and then head to the draft.

The Colts can have all the old men they're signing on offense. Their defense is still completely wet.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":25fjokzw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/_BVM/status/575752566736211968[/tweet]

Andrew Luck is simply going to have to do it all himself again this next year.
Luck has no excuses and the Colts D is the only thing that needs more..I guess the O line might need help but who doesn't?I don't know what the Colts cap looks like but they have spent a lot..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he didn't sign with the Colts he would have probably gone to Chargers. The Chargers were willing to offer more money than the Colts.

No way Seattle would get into that bidding war.

Latest posts