Seahawks re-sign CB Lane

pmedic920

Reaction score
061f31a73643e85d08883fe5458959f1.jpg

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":6dg09vhd said:
It's interesting that Sweezy got huge interest in FA, and Lane seemingly did not. Go figure.

There might still be enough money to fit Okung in the team's plans, but it could be a bit tight.

It's funny that our supposed weak links on the OL keep getting big deals else wear, and playing good when they get there. Maybe the problem isn't our players.

As for Lane, awesome news!!

firebee

Reaction score
kearly":3h3o3pcm said:
It's interesting that Sweezy got huge interest in FA, and Lane seemingly did not. Go figure.

There might still be enough money to fit Okung in the team's plans, but it could be a bit tight.

IDK... The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to let Okung go. I think it's time for us to sign a promising young FA that's hungry and looking to prove something. Then draft an OT they like in the draft and let them compete with Gilliam for the start at LT. I wouldn't offer Okung a contract that requires us to pencil him in as a starter. I think it's time to recharge the offensive line. Sokoli, Lewis, Glowinski, Britt will bring a little experience to the interior, but I'd add a draft pick there somewhere to press the issue. Get back to the foundation this team was built on and let players compete for the start and see who performs the best when it counts. I think our FO has let themselves get caught up with replacing players on the line, instead of making players earn their spot on the line. I think our line's biggest problem last year was complacency. It seemed our offensive line didn't have any focus or sense of urgency and I think that's because a few of them felt they were entitled to start at their position on the team. Our O-Line needs to get that sense of urgency and focus to be their best at all times back... Back when PC and JS first got here and players didn't know if they were going to be a part of the plans or not.

getnasty

Reaction score
Happy to see Lane coming back, hope he can stay healthy and we didn't pay to much. If Simon can step up I think we're best with Lane in the slot and Simon outside.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a stable of DB's in the wings to get up to speed, Lane solidifies our secondary at the start of the season unlike last year, we may make mistakes but we learn from them it appears. This means we can go after O line in both F.A. and or the draft without needing to fill a spot in the secondary.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":k64cssfw said:
We have a stable of DB's in the wings to get up to speed, Lane solidifies our secondary at the start of the season unlike last year, we may make mistakes but we learn from them it appears. This means we can go after O line in both F.A. and or the draft without needing to fill a spot in the secondary.

What stable of DBs?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
getnasty":97va25it said:
Happy to see Lane coming back, hope he can stay healthy and we didn't pay to much. If Simon can step up I think we're best with Lane in the slot and Simon outside.

It could very well turn out that way depending on the competition and injuries.

One thing to keep in mind is that Simon is on the final year of his rookie deal. Simon will be a free agent after this season, while Marcus Burley will be restricted. I think very highly of Burley and really liked what I saw of Lane at RCB. Sherman, Lane, and Burley are all essentially locked up for the next two years at least. And they have guys like Smith in the pipeline.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
CPHawk":2dho3q9t said:
chris98251":2dho3q9t said:

What stable of DBs?

Richard Sherman
Jeremy Lane
Marcus Burley
DeShawn Shead
Tharold Simon
Tye Smith

George Farmer
Mohammad Siesay
Trovon Reed
Stanley Jean-Baptiste

[tweet]https://twitter.com/StayingInMyLane/status/707751454342193154[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2zq3eqa9 said:
CPHawk":2zq3eqa9 said:
chris98251":2zq3eqa9 said:

What stable of DBs?

Richard Sherman
Jeremy Lane
Marcus Burley
DeShawn Shead
Tharold Simon
Tye Smith

George Farmer
Mohammad Siesay
Trovon Reed
Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Thank You...........

Hawks46

Reaction score
The defense really hit it's stride last year when both Shead and Lane got on the field together. I love Lane's versatility, and like others have said, this gives us two guys that have started and played well for us, both with experience in the system, to start next year out with.

It's going to give young guys like Seisay, Simon, Smith and Farmar a chance to develop. This is good for continuity next year as well as developing talent for years to come. And we get Lane for 4 years to boot. Nice. Biggest sign of our offseason right here.

Fade

Reaction score
Hawks46":30b03221 said:
The defense really hit it's stride last year when both Shead and Lane got on the field together. I love Lane's versatility, and like others have said, this gives us two guys that have started and played well for us, both with experience in the system, to start next year out with.

It's going to give young guys like Seisay, Simon, Smith and Farmar a chance to develop. This is good for continuity next year as well as developing talent for years to come. And we get Lane for 4 years to boot. Nice. Biggest sign of our offseason right here.
Om2Fwp content2Fgallery2Fyes2Fyesjacknicholson

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2016":37v1k9z8 said:
CPHawk":37v1k9z8 said:
chris98251":37v1k9z8 said:

What stable of DBs?

Richard Sherman
Jeremy Lane
Marcus Burley
DeShawn Shead
Tharold Simon
Tye Smith

George Farmer
Mohammad Siesay
Trovon Reed
Stanley Jean-Baptiste

After Shead, it takes a drastic drop in talent. Right now the 13 DB, are still far better and deeper.