Seahawks Re-Sign Walters (Per Twitter)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jalen Suanders signing is a bit odd...even for PS. He's 5'9/165 seems more like a Sounders FC type than a Seahawk type.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I get that Walters isn't the most exciting returner in the world, but the negativity towards on these boards is something I don't understand. He's truly a middle-of-the-pack punt returner that protects the ball. His return average is higher than Jacoby Jones and Leodis McKelvin, for instance.

Seattle fans tend to get incredibly spoiled. We had it great with Burleson and Tate, no doubt. But Walters isn't exactly awful.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
nanomoz":28j3yg5g said:
I get that Walters isn't the most exciting returner in the world, but the negativity towards on these boards is something I don't understand. He's truly a middle-of-the-pack punt returner that protects the ball. His return average is higher than Jacoby Jones and Leodis McKelvin, for instance.

Seattle fans tend to get incredibly spoiled. We had it great with Burleson and Tate, no doubt. But Walters isn't exactly awful.

Aha! The voice of reason. I DO like Walters, I didn't think I would read another post by a poster who didn't dislike him.

chet380

Reaction score
With the Hawks Red Zone pass off. being as mediocre as it is, it's too bad we never got the chance to see the 6 ft 5 in. Matthews in action in some of those RZ plays.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":zuo9jrjo said:
Sorenson seems a bit odd. Isn't BJ Daniels still on the practice squad?

Yes Daniels is still on the practice squad, but this is how I see it. JS leaves no stone unturned. If there is a free agent out there at any position he thinks may be worth looking at, he brings them in for a look. I really think it's no more than that. If we'd signed him, then it would be something to wonder about

hawkfan68

Reaction score
nanomoz":2mtwkpyx said:

Walters isn't awful. However, McKelvin and Jacoby Jones have taken it to house multiple times. While their averages are not much higher than Walters this year, they are known to bust a big one without the benefit of good blocking. They both are speedsters and don't lack the acceleration that Walters does. He's a Seahawk and I'll support him on game days should he get the nod to return punts.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Walters being back will now shift the haters focus from Willson to Walters.

Can't believe how many here want to find so many reasons to dislike our players, want to not believe this team can get it done.

The team won't win every game by 35 points, will win ugly, maybe lose sometimes when they ought to win. Maybe they will occasionally lose when they deserve to lose too, as difficult as that is to write. They are our team regardless of success but their success is awesome. I think they will prevail and the season will prove less and less contentious as the season progresses and we get healthier. I also think they will start making fewer unforced errors as this year's somewhat younger version of our team grows up a bit. Sometimes we need to be patient and wait and let them just get it right. The drumbeat of negativity around here is becoming tiresome.

olyfan63

Reaction score
nanomoz":3rw7jlh0 said:

Finally, some rationality on Bryan Walters.

Remember, Walters took a kickoff return to the house against the Seahawks in preseason for San Diego a couple years ago. If he finds an opening, he CAN get it done. In the meantime, I'm happy to have a reliable 5-10 yard return without a fumble, and catching the damn punt on the fly so it's a 45-yarder instead of a 70-yarder.

We did get massively spoiled with Golden Tate returning punts. Plus seeing Tate break tackles as a receiver and go mini-beastmode was always a super exciting part of the game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3hl4ex28 said:
Jalen Suanders signing is a bit odd...even for PS. He's 5'9/165 seems more like a Sounders FC type than a Seahawk type.

This guy was a 4th round pick this year, albeit by the Jets. He's really quick and had two TDs against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

For the record, he might be looked at to replace Walters. He's a punt returner. Pretty darn small though, I wonder if he could put on 10lbs of muscle without losing speed.

[youtube]zk1U3tD9v7U[/youtube]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1l34w6qr said:
He doesnt look that small from the highlights...looks to be at least 180

hawkfan68

Reaction score
-The Glove-":26kz11me said:
hawkfan68":26kz11me said:
He doesnt look that small from the highlights...looks to be at least 180

That's what they have him listed at on Seahawks.com. I'm assuming they put him through a physical recently so that would be the information they would post. I could be wrong.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/jalen-saunders/e250d1dd-e3c7-429b-af24-11c95f8fddcd/