Seahawks schedule leaked (SPOILERS INSIDE)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":14jymgy0 said:
GeekHawk":14jymgy0 said:
RedAlice":14jymgy0 said:
Well, it looks like Hawks are the team who will open the Coliseum in week 2 @ Rams.

Rams are @ Niners week 1.

Planning to be at the Seahawks/lambs game? Maybe we can throw peanuts at each other... :mrgreen:

Round figure?? What do you think the tix would cost for the game???

Don't know. Don't care. I'm an overpaid engineer, after all! ;)

LolaRox

Reaction score
Overall not too bad - early bye week but the other mini bye after the Thursday night game is later (even though they shorted it by a day because of playing the following Saturday).

I also took note that AZ gets the Pats early so if Tom's suspension is upheld they may be playing the Pats without Brady.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maulbert":1zyvxxmi said:
I could see 13-3.

Me too. This is an insanely good schedule compared to the last 2 years. Every East Coast road trip is followed by a home game. Patriots is a short week, but a late game.

I know they don't do it, but it's almost like they served us up a hell of a schedule to make up for last year's. The key is going to be starting strong. Unlike last year, we have an easy starting schedule, which will be great to break in our OL. We better have a good record to end up the year though, as the meat of our competition is stacked towards the end of the year.

Over all, I love it. We're a better 2nd half of the year team, and our good competition is set up to that.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LolaRox":3i5gbwzw said:
I also took note that AZ gets the Pats early so if Tom's suspension is upheld they may be playing the Pats without Brady.

I don't see any chance of Brady getting suspended for 4 games. But we'll see

RedAlice

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1xf1840e said:
Seahawkfan80":1xf1840e said:
GeekHawk":1xf1840e said:
RedAlice":1xf1840e said:
Well, it looks like Hawks are the team who will open the Coliseum in week 2 @ Rams.

Rams are @ Niners week 1.

Planning to be at the Seahawks/lambs game? Maybe we can throw peanuts at each other... :mrgreen:

Round figure?? What do you think the tix would cost for the game???

Don't know. Don't care. I'm an overpaid engineer, after all! ;)

Honestly, this is the first game back in LA after 21 years, so that may be more of an issue than cost. They are selling 60k seats a game, so I expect it will depend on how season ticket sales go.

Here is the link to season ticket prices (price is for the 9 games) -
http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/ ... 943a80917c

We haven't been able to buy our season tickets yet, so no idea what the results will be.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
So really only one game that may have weather related issues...looks good
Packers games in December.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Unbelievable schedule. This is the best case scenario IMO. Probably the best schedule we have had in years as far as placement of time and how the games break. Awesome.

Only two things that could be better are the early bye and playing the Pats on a short week when they already have an additional week to prepare due to their bye but it could be much worse. We could be playing them on the second week of a two game east coast road trip at 10am in late December so all things considered I have no problem with the extra rest and prep they will get. It's an evening prime time game and that wipes out any advantage they might receive from extra time.

Can't believe how much I love this schedule. Hopefully we are back on track and playing like we are capable because if we are then the #1 seed is very attainable.

Sweet. I'm stoked.

A

Anonymous

bmorepunk":3kky3g0e said:
What, no excessive bitching this time? Somebody's probably going to whine about the bye week placement.

Aaaaannnnd that would be me. :mrgreen:

Argh! I hate the bye week so early. It usually means we have a hard time with guys being nicked-up in the stretch.

Of course, it could also mean a tremendous amount of chemistry and momentum going into the playoffs.

We'll see, I suppose.

pehawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3du0y5g9 said:
bmorepunk":3du0y5g9 said:
What, no excessive bitching this time? Somebody's probably going to whine about the bye week placement.

Argh! I hate the bye week so early. It usually means we have a hard time with guys being nicked-up in the stretch.

Of course, it could also mean a tremendous amount of chemistry and momentum going into the playoffs.

We'll see, I suppose.

In theory that helps Rawls and Graham miss one less game, as both their injuries could go into the season.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Man, most favorable schedule we've had since like 2011 or earlier.

IMO, we got it pretty easy on the road save @Pats and @Packers. Here's to another strong showing from the NFCW and some good divisional slugfests :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":2le3y46r said:
HoustonHawk82":2le3y46r said:
bmorepunk":2le3y46r said:

We'll see, I suppose.

In theory that helps Rawls and Graham miss one less game, as both their injuries could go into the season.

And who knows who else. There are bound to be a couple guys banged up in camp/preseason, so from that perspective the early rest isn't as bad.

I would however prefer a bye to be Week 8/9 but the rest of the schedule limits my *mod edit* on this.

gaucho

Reaction score
HawkGA":291hhp78 said:
Only 2 10 am

Maybe the league realized how badly you guys got screwed in the playoffs. Glad you guys got spared this year. That said, I'm still working on publicizing the extent to which 10am games are unfair. I posted an article that I hope will be on Football Outsiders in the next few days, on reddit.
If you want to do me a solid, comment and/or upvote it.
Thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4 ... ast_teams/

RichNhansom

Reaction score
gaucho":2jycovek said:
HawkGA":2jycovek said:
Only 2 10 am

Maybe the league realized how badly you guys got screwed in the playoffs. Glad you guys got spared this year. That said, I'm still working on publicizing the extent to which 10am games are unfair. I posted an article that I hope will be on Football Outsiders in the next few days, on reddit.
If you want to do me a solid, comment and/or upvote it.
Thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4 ... ast_teams/

Thanks for all your work gaucho,

Who knows if it had an impact this time or not but either way it's a fight that needs to be fought and even if our schedule is just coincidence I believe it will have an impact in the future.

For the record over the last three years the Seahawks have played 17 10 am games and 3 out of 4 playoffs road games were also 10am starts. With the way we start at 10am it's hard as a Seahawks fan to not wonder how much impact those early starts had on our season and playoff runs. The Atlanta playoff game were we lost in the last 30 seconds after coming back from 21-0 is one that comes to mind.