Seahawks sign LB Devin Bush according to Condotta

Fox0r

Reaction score
This guy seems ... really bad? Looks like he had a promising first year, than was plagued with injuries and an indifference to getting better. Oh, well. In Pete and John I trust. Here's to a change of scenery! Seems like a typical Pete/John kick-the-tires-on-a-highly-touted-draft-pick-who-underperformed move.

Last edited:

massari

Reaction score
Brooks and Bush. killer B's

apparently he hasn't been the same since his torn ACL, and lost his starting role last season

Maybe Wagz can come back and fix them

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
This is a very underwhelming signing. Bush hasn't been good for some time.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm ok with this, assuming it's a minimal, prove it kind of deal. He's unlikely to be better than Barton, but he shoukd be cheaper.

If he doesn't flash in training camp, he can be cut.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks needed a starting inside linebacker and another inside linebacker who can hold the starting spot until Jordyn Brooks returns to the lineup. I'd think Bush is just Brooks replacement until he's back.

Last edited:

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I hope that BWagz can still sign here. They’re thin at LB and Bush Wagz and Brooks could be ok,not great. Bush alone sucks at this point. I have to figure LB is draft day special at this point.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Steelers fans description of him reminds me of Barton...runs away from tackles, shies away from contact and a lack of big plays. Bush was even benched towards the end of last season. He is still only 24, so I hold out some hope for untapped upside, but my expectations are tempered.

getnasty

Reaction score
Much like Pete and John I too love talented dudes that have busted. I like the signing assuming the money is fairly low. Fills a need with the potenial to be a high upside play. Bush is a guy that needs people eating block around him. We didn't have that last year so hopefully we get that fixed up front. Still hope Wags and a stud rookie are in play though.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
We need bodies, and experience, at LB. He's still very young (24) and may have some upside left in him.

I expect and hope that this is a low cost, low risk contract - in which case I like it. If this is a contact on par with what Barton got, or includes guarantees, or assumes that he'll be a starter - I'll be a sadder panda.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he signed with Vegas.
I haven’t heard this one yet. Any source for it or is it still just rumour?

As for this signing. I don’t really know much about this guy other than what I have read here. Always hoping for the best. Can he be worse than Barton was last year?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah I think Wagner was severely overrated last year and the league seems to agree as his market isn’t very high. He also wasn’t very good his last year here although we’ve changed a little schematically so maybe that would help? I love Wagner but don’t get the idea that he helps a ton. He was arguable worse than Barton his last stint here.
Bush is ultra talented and hasn’t played up to that. Maybe Pete can work some magic and maximize him. The talent is there I think