Seahawks sign LB Devin Bush according to Condotta

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Man a bunch of the posters on this site would find fault with the drafting or acquiring of Jesus or Hercules who both guaranteed 17 wins and 5 super bowls in a row.

Somehow they would find the faults, the shortcomings and that the FO should have gotten God or the Zeus instead.

No observation or position on Bush in these comments just that it doesn't matter who the Hawks get this is the standard reaction by at least 60% of .NET.
LOLOLOLOL Hey, if it ain't "Fake News" right now, we at .NET have the Bummer crowd that can work on it until it sounds like it is "Fake News" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

AgentDib

Reaction score
Remember that the Bears DL was as atrocious as ours was last season. If we're cutting Barton some slack, and we should, then Bush should get the same treatment.

It seems like things really soured for him in Pittsburgh, beyond the injury and performance. (???)
I've heard a couple of national types make essentially the same point about this move. Tomlin is a great coach, but he's a disciplinarian that didn't particularly get along well with Bush. Pete's at the other end of the spectrum and so this is an optimal change of scenery to see if there's still anything there.

This was never going to be the highest impact signing, but I agree - this is more than I think we should have spent. $3M guaranteed for someone who is borderline starting LB with upside is probably above market value.
Yeah it looks like this contract is nearly fully guaranteed; 2.99m guaranteed of 3.5m total. OTC thinks this is right on market value (3.59m valuation 2022) using their PFF driven metrics which of course don't project how Bush will do with a different team and scheme.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks just added a former top 10 pick in talent to a position of need and if I counted correctly to the 123rd cheapest contract in this FA per sporttrac.

You can hate Devin Bush for whatever he didn’t become on the Steelers but let’s not act like this is a franchise crippling move. It’s as low risk, high reward you can possibly get in this day and age. Again, 123rd cheapest contract signed in AAV.

To me it’s a 2022 Drew Lock type bandaid… I agreed with Pete last year that Lock was probably just as good if not better than the majority of the QBs in last years class. It’s arguable Bush is just as good or better than the majority of ILB prospects in this draft. By not forcing the issue at QB last year, Seahawks were able to grab better overall prospects.

While I’d like them to add 1-2 ILBs in the draft depending if Wagner is still in play they should really continue to use their best resources in locking up and improving both sides of the trenches if they really want to compete with San Fran.

Bush may or may not be good but if you can hide and/or coach up his flaws and he himself can find and return to the level of swagger and confidence he had in college and his first 20 professional games or so, that’s a very exciting player to have. My expectations isn’t for him to be dominant or be a superstar like perhaps Pittsburgh fans wanted him to be. I don’t think Seahawks have those expectations either. Just be consistent and tackle well. If he can also learn how to get off blocks and be more violent through the point of attack. Look out.