Seahawks sign LB Nick Moody

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":14lo515s said:
I hope mentally Moody is alright.

I hear his personna can swing wildly one way or the other in a moments notice.

Penalize this man 5 yards for dropping a double entendre in a football discussion! :thfight7:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2p59uadm said:
Laloosh":2p59uadm said:
Pete going all in on ST this year?

Yes.

Next time I project a roster, I'm just going to watch the kick coverage unit to see who makes it downfield first. Those guys are making the team over receiver and DL prospects. Not even exaggerating.

Might be Lockettes saving grace!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2h4yr2s4 said:
DavidSeven":2h4yr2s4 said:
Laloosh":2h4yr2s4 said:
Pete going all in on ST this year?

Yes.

Next time I project a roster, I'm just going to watch the kick coverage unit to see who makes it downfield first. Those guys are making the team over receiver and DL prospects. Not even exaggerating.

Might be Lockettes saving grace!

Pretty confident it's already saved him.

Renohawk

Reaction score
Moody replaced Borland last year against the Hawks, and nailed Wilson and got a flag, but later it was ruled a legal hit. Looks like he was starting most of preseason, and was one of the heartbreak cuts for the Niners.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":35smfcbe said:
I hope mentally Moody is alright.

I hear his personna can swing wildly one way or the other in a moments notice.

I know, you kill yourself.

I echo the earlier groan.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet, so it may not be correct, but the player cut is said to be SS - Kelcie McCray who the team just acquired for a 5th which must have been a conditional pick trade.

Otherwise the team has traded away a 5th for a player they didn't keep.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Renohawk":17fqdm4y said:
and was one of the heartbreak cuts for the Niners.

They'll be here shortly to tell us he's garbage.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3v3od0qk said:
I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet, so it may not be correct, but the player cut is said to be SS - Kelcie McCray who the team just acquired for a 5th which must have been a conditional pick trade.

Source?

pcbball12

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2djbty0u said:

While this may be true ( I doubt it ), I believe you are going off of someones speculation on Twitter? I saw the same tweet, but it was purely speculation. I believe it is insurance for Mike Mo, who has a hammy injury. If I were to make a guess on who is cut, I would lean towards either Tukuafu or Terrell. If it were McCray, it was a conditional 5th sent to them I believe.

orca

Reaction score
I think it might be Kelcie McCray. According to http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8012/kelcie-mccray the 5th-round draft pick was conditional. Maybe the Seahawks would get the pick back if McCray gets cut now before playing a game. Moody is a very good ST and could possibly play FS/SS as well, so McCray might be the one out as he's least familiar with the team's system.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Moody was released to make room for Shayne Skov, who looked great in the preseason. I wanted the Seahawks to draft Skov last year in the 7th Round and then IR him while he recovered from an injury.

SLB would probably be the best fit for Moody in this scheme.

[youtube]rgoH6ZtdxE0[/youtube]

Hawknight

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3klf8e99 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SakamotoRyan/status/642378720905269248[/tweet]

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hard-hitti ... --nfl.html

Yahoo Sports
By JANIE McCAULEY (AP Sports Writer)
August 18, 2015 10:28 PM
AP - Sports

Article re: Moody..here's a few tid bits----

''He's had the best offseason I've seen of anybody,'' defensive lineman Darnell Dockett said. ''He's the first one in and the last one to leave. He's asking questions and doing things outside of football to take care of his body. I think that when you've been in an organization with NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis, you think, 'Why not him?' ... I told him that the sky is the limit for him.''

All spring, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula mentioned Moody as one of the bright spots of the offseason for his strides and discipline learning the linebacker position.

kearly

Reaction score
I faintly remember Moody from last year, and the video by HN is helpful as a refresher. He looked like a classic 49ers LB. Very few teams evaluate LB as well as the 49ers do. Their LBs always seem to play square and tackle well with good field speed.

The back end of our LB group is kinda so-so, and LBs tend to be good special teamers. So I guess I like this move. I just hope like hell it isn't Tukuafu that gets cut for him.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Weren't h 9ers fans high on this guy? Any thought on him?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/642448195113517057[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/642448455592316928[/tweet]

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3hbxdboo said:
Weren't h 9ers fans high on this guy? Any thought on him?

Now that he's going to be a Seahawk, apparently he's garbage but prior to that I did read that he looked good against the run but might need another year to develop with regard to play recognition and pass coverage.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
jammerhawk":mso1i3ik said:

Not sure on the speculation of McCray getting cut since I saw this update:

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 58m58 minutes ago
Carroll on @primetime_kmac: "He's going to play."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ca6kku6b said:
jammerhawk":ca6kku6b said:

Source?

My source is a comment made on the prospective signing at Fieldgulls.com from a person supposedly in the know with the Hawks, accuracy unconfirmed.

As can be seen it was interesting enough to pass on but as said earlier I'm uncertain about the accuracy of that comment but it would make sense if the McCray pick trade was conditional, if not not so much.

As it presently seems to be the case this prospective signing won't happen for a bit.

Interesting acquisition though.