Seahawks signed Mayowa

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This will turn out in the same vein as Clemons, Bennett, Avril...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like it, nothing wrong with adding more depth on that line. Now if they can add Clowney or Griffen, they are looking pretty solid compared to last year. This is the Hawks were are talking about, they sign a ton of players, only to see many of them not even make the team. Competition on the field, the coaches will make the decisions they feel make the team better. Not their first rodeo.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think you got it right Soulfish. I like this hedge-bet signing as it will either help free up Clowney to make more plays, or it creates better depth to shore up the position in the event we are forced to complete the transition with Griffin and another rookie candidate.
I like seeing that we are doing something that helps prepare us to deal successfully with whichever way the wind blows.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And we still have the draft and all the salary cap casualties where guys become available. So much time to get things done.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Wenhawk":32e6xhpo said:
28 Years Old
6'3 265lb
Avg 5.5 Sacks over last two years with only a few starts. Seems like a really good back end role player which gives us more flexibility in the draft.

Green
Collier
Irvin
Mayowa
? Clowney or Griffen
? Draft pick

Who the hell is Collier?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a depth signing. No way does it take the Seahawks out of the running for Clowney. He's still the Seahawks prime target (IMO) and should be. Clowney is a bonafide starter and pro-bowler, Mayowa is not. Besides the Seahawks need more than just resigning Clowney to improve the DL. They are doing the other parts with the adds of Irvin and Mayowa.

WarHawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19oz5abo said:
Our 1st round pick :2thumbs:

I wasn't aware we made picks in the 1st round... :stirthepot:

KinesProf

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":39i9rvqe said:
De. Didn't have one start with the RAIDERS last year.

Let that sink in. The Raiders.

7 sacks and 10 qb hits with minimal opportunity sounds pretty promising. As far as the Raiders not giving him more opportunities, stupid organizations have a tendency to do stupid things.

Remember, guys like Clemons and Coleman were also in minimal roles before the Hawks scooped them up for a bargain.

Not every player acquired is going to be a big name. That isn't how roster construction works.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They didn't have a guy get more than 4 sacks on the entire team. Why not sign a guy on the cheap who had 7 sacks?

nrayorr

Reaction score
When he was with the Hawks the first time and I heard about his release I was a little surprised. I saw so much potential in this guy. Was glad to hear he has another shot with us... I think he'll do fine.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Dude had an epic training camp in 2013. I remember watching him at the VMAC thinking that he would be all pro. Clearly shows how training camp and pre season aren't the best indicator of talent in prime time. Kind of reminds me of the pre season that Nick Reed had, dominate against late round scrubs, struggle against the big boys. Benson has been around long enough that any break through year would have occurred a long time ago, so just being able to contribute a bit as a rotational player is the best we can ask.

Jville

Reaction score
Reuniting with Benson Mayowa Could Be Game-Changer for Seahawks' Pass Rush >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seahawks-land-another-bargain-reuniting-with-benson-mayowa[/urltargetblank].

Rat

Reaction score
He tore up that first preseason. Good for him for being closer to Michael Bennett than Omar Nazel.

olyfan63

Reaction score
chrispy":3d6evwyt said:
Go Vandals!

Mayowa is gonna Vandalize a few opposing QBs this season.
SNDavidson":3d6evwyt said:
Like he said, Avril-Bennett-Clemons, Pete and John are putting together a roster with some chemistry, experience, and savvy. Love that we have a couple 2013 guys coming back, know the system, bought in, full-effort, high-motor, do-your-job guys, in Mayowa and Irvin.

I think the Chris Clemons comp may be a good one; if Mayowa can give us what Clemons did, it's a huge success. Maybe even do the Clemons crossed-arms sack celebration?

The Breh

Reaction score
olyfan63":3e039n8b said:
chrispy":3e039n8b said:
Go Vandals!

Mayowa is gonna Vandalize a few opposing QBs this season.
SNDavidson":3e039n8b said:
Like he said, Avril-Bennett-Clemons, Pete and John are putting together a roster with some chemistry, experience, and savvy. Love that we have a couple 2013 guys coming back, know the system, bought in, full-effort, high-motor, do-your-job guys, in Mayowa and Irvin.

I think the Chris Clemons comp may be a good one; if Mayowa can give us what Clemons did, it's a huge success. Maybe even do the Clemons crossed-arms sack celebration?
Irvin did the cross arms pose.