Seahawks' success throughout the nation (Jersey Sales)

Escamillo

Reaction score
dbmack":3c3iyilo said:
Russell was actually number one before the Super Bowl.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure Sherm and Lynch were in the top ten before the SB too.

dbmack

Reaction score

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think the real takeaway from this is that it's yet another data point that disproves the conspiracy theories and victim complexes that have been a powerful (and, well, silly) narrative for so long.
The Hawks were rightly favorites to win the Super Bowl since before last off-season even started, and ESPN, the NFL, and the market have all responded accordingly.

If the Hawks manage to pull off a couple more Super Bowl wins they're also going to create some national fans for life. The 9ers and Cowboys still have a whole bunch of fans who were 8-15 years old in the 1980s and 1990s and either didn't have a local team/didn't like their local team for whatever reason, and for the 9ers at least, a lot of those folks even stuck around through the decade of ineptitude.

I think one inclination is to call these folks bandwagoners, but they're mostly kids. Heck, when not rooting for the Bears I'm still a Wolverines fan because I really liked Desmond Howard when I was 12. :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigwrm":3pqzwm5r said:
Wow, Seahawks #12 jerseys are now the 10th best selling jersey this season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...wks-12th-fan-climbs-10th-best-selling-jerseys

Personally, I'd rather have a player's jersey but that's amazing.

Honestly I do both. I HAVE to always have a 12 in my jersey collection, because they are always a part of the team. I do get player jerseys, but after awhile, they move on and the jersey gets put away. I never ever have to put away a 12 jersey unless it gets so tattered that it's unwearable.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Can it get any better .. ... YES! AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO!!!!

lucky49

Reaction score
pmedic920":22x7hrve said:
Yea. And now the "FAN" #12 is in top ten. That's friggin AWESOME.
GoHawks.

can i just ask, and i really dont mean to sound rude, but why would you get a 12th man/fan jersey? like i really dont get it

i mean, the reason you get a player's jersey is b/c youre saying that thats one of your favorite players, so if you get a 12th man jersey, the people who go to the games are your favorite players? like i dont know i never understood it

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
It's part of the culture of the fandom of our team. The #12 was retired in 1984 when the Seahawks were not a National "thing." It's always been an identification concept; it's a fan camaraderie that reflexively binds all of us to our team. Anyone can wear a Manning Colts jersey or Payton Bears jersey, because they might be a fan of those players. Wearing a #12 jersey is a way - above and beyond wearing a player-specific item - to explicitly state: "I am a fan of the Seahawks."
There is nothing akin it for any other team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":v04yws8g said:
It's part of the culture of the fandom of our team. The #12 was retired in 1984 when the Seahawks were not a National "thing." It's always been an identification concept; it's a fan camaraderie that reflexively binds all of us to our team. Anyone can wear a Manning Colts jersey or Payton Bears jersey, because they might be a fan of those players. Wearing a #12 jersey is a way - above and beyond wearing a player-specific item - that explicitly states: "I am a fan of the Seahawks."
There is nothing akin it for any other team.

It also goes beyond the players on the immediate team, too, which I think is the point. We'll cheer on the Hawks regardless of the player(s) who get churned through the roster, no matter how much we like or dislike them.

When 12s make a difference in the game with noise (delay of game, false start, etc.), we can actually be our favorite player!

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
lucky49":4dxyrhua said:
pmedic920":4dxyrhua said:
GoHawks.

can i just ask, and i really dont mean to sound rude, but why would you get a 12th man/fan jersey? like i really dont get it

i mean, the reason you get a player's jersey is b/c youre saying that thats one of your favorite players, so if you get a 12th man jersey, the people who go to the games are your favorite players? like i dont know i never understood it

If you'd ever attended a Seahawks home game, you would understand it in an instant.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It's not about being a fan of 12, it's about BEING a 12. People wear the 12 jersey because it is THEIR jersey.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":1e8mk2f0 said:
It's not about being a fan of 12, it's about BEING a 12. People wear the 12 jersey because it is THEIR jersey.

This...plus its a jersey that never needs to be replaced. I only get player jerseys but for as much as jerseys cost, I understand why people don't want to buy a players' jersey. How many Flynn jerseys are sitting in the closet?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":2rwcjqj0 said:
I understand wanting a 12 jersey, but the "FAN" just makes it lame.

I agree. That's why I haven't got one. I'd rather customize with my name or wish it just said Seahawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":33kvuczj said:
I understand wanting a 12 jersey, but the "FAN" just makes it lame.

That is an opinion and one that if someone agrees with they can easily get it customized. Personally I don't want my name on the jersey and "FAN" works as well as anything else. It's definitely to each his own type of thing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
lucky49":3febt80e said:
pmedic920":3febt80e said:
GoHawks.

I can not speak for the entire fan base , I can tell you my opinion.
I am a SEAHAWK fan. I am, and have been a Seahawk fan from before the team ever took the field. I am a fan regardless of who is on the team, regardless of who the coach is and regardless of who owns the team. I am very happy with all of those things at this point in time, by the way.
I have an elite #12 " FAN" jersey, paid good money for it. I bought it because I'm a Seahawk fan.
Unless you are trolling, it really isn't that hard to understand, and shouldn't be, even for a 9er fan.
My guess is, you get it, you're just envious. :)
GoHawks.

Edit: is this one hard to figure out?
hy3etuha.jpg

Latest posts