Seahawks to sign WR Laviska Shenault

Scout

Reaction score
Although I'm primarily encouraged by what Laviska Shenault brings to Special Teams, he does reinforce and expand on what the wide receiver group makes possible.

With the exit of two experienced and very capable tight ends from the roster, we may see less in the way of 12 and 13 personnel and more 11 and 10 personnel.
Offenses based on 4 verticals tend to employ more 10 and 11 personnel which Grubbs intends to run. However, that isn't always true because the Ravens OC Monken uses 4 verticals for his offense but he was influenced from D. Koetter. And D. Koetter employed a lot of 12 and 13 personnel while he was the HC of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And the other layer is that the misconception is that offenses based on 4 verticals do not run the ball but that isn't true.

So having physical WRs is pretty important in a 4 verticals offensive system if you want to make draw plays work for example. WR's have to be physical with DBs to make it work. Shenault is one of the more physical WRs and fits into what Grubb's wants to do on offense. But Shenault has to make the roster and survive the possibility that the Hawks take a WR in a deep WR draft. And JS loves drafting WR's so he will draft one or two for sure.

Jville

Reaction score
2024 Seahawks are loaded at wide receiver ..................

.........................................Laviska Shenault Jr. ..............................................

nwHawk

Reaction score
...and signing Shenault means not having a 90-man roster space to sign the next potential Bobo.

The future isn't set. Shenault could end being a plus for the Seahawks. I wish him well, but I have low expectations.
Bobo… 19 receptions last year. Monster year. I kid, but he did instill confidence and hope.

Now, please find the best UDFA defensive players. That side needs life.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My dear aunt sally is tougher than Dee Eskridge and she is just a made up phrase so my kids can remember to do their math in the right order.
My wife was just talking about My Dear Aunt Sally to me a couple weeks ago. Makes perfect sense. Auntie is a little too tough for some people when they first encounter her.

She's not in high school anymore, has come to terms with her Dyslexia + Dysgraphia, and regularly kicks Aunt Sally's butt in prepping for her college math placement test. It was the achievement of her life (besides kids) to get an A in Algebra in JuCo, exorcising several decades of math demons.

So, given that the mathematical "toughness" property has a "greater than" transitive relation, Sally > Eskridge and Wife > Sally, therefore, my Wife is tougher than Dee Eskridge.

flv2

Reaction score
Bobo… 19 receptions last year. Monster year. I kid, but he did instill confidence and hope.

Now, please find the best UDFA defensive players. That side needs life.
I have no performance issues with Metcalf, Lockett, Smith-Njigba, or Bobo. The Seahawks have the #1 rated WR corps in the NFL. This is also supposedly the best Draft in many years for WR quality and depth. Shenault, Eskridge, any rookie WR the Seahawks acquire, and any other veteran WR that becomes available at vet minimum will be competing for scraps. Guaranteeing money to someone in that situation? To quote WWE's Elias: ⚠️ "It doesn't make sense". 🃏☮️

Scout

Reaction score
I have to say imagine adding Xavier Leggette to this offense....Keep in mind that with a 4 verticals offense you need WR depth.

morgulon1

Reaction score
My wife was just talking about My Dear Aunt Sally to me a couple weeks ago. Makes perfect sense. Auntie is a little too tough for some people when they first encounter her.

She's not in high school anymore, has come to terms with her Dyslexia + Dysgraphia, and regularly kicks Aunt Sally's butt in prepping for her college math placement test. It was the achievement of her life (besides kids) to get an A in Algebra in JuCo, exorcising several decades of math demons.

So, given that the mathematical "toughness" property has a "greater than" transitive relation, Sally > Eskridge and Wife > Sally, therefore, my Wife is tougher than Dee Eskridge.
Dee is tougher than HIS wife.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dee is tougher than HIS wife.
Had to think about that for a moment... then memory of his DV arrest kicked in.
According to the story, it's babymama, not wife. But wife does have a better rhythm/symmetry in this instance.