Seahawks to sign WR Laviska Shenault

nwHawk

Reaction score
I liked Shenault better than Dee. Bigger and tougher. But in the end, both may still get cut.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I liked Shenault better than Dee. Bigger and tougher. But in the end, both may still get cut.
KR is definitely a position that could get taken over by an UDFA so it wouldn’t be surprising. I do believe Eskridge has a ton of talent for the position but he just can’t stay healthy.

Jville

Reaction score
John's is up to speed with current events.

Didn't take him long to address the new kick return rule.

Quote from the link >>>
"Where he may fit in best with the Seahawks, however, will be on special teams, where he returned six kickoffs for 137 yards last season.

As general manager John Schneider noted last month at the NFL annual meeting in Orlando, Seattle has been reevaluating personnel on special teams as a result of the recently passed rule change on kickoffs. With the number of returns expected to go up, bringing in an explosive athlete of Shenault's caliber to compete for a roster spot in that capacity makes a great deal of sense."

Scout

Reaction score
Shenault is a nice spark plug and dynamic in the passing game for some situational football as well. Having Shenault as your 4 or 5 WR off the bench is not bad at all when you have Metcalf, Lockett, JSN and Bobo too.

To run the new offense you need as many players that can run many vertical routes as possible because that is what Grubb's offensive system is focused around. So I think the team may target a WR in the mid rounds to develop and have them compete for playing time.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I'm sure someone is about to 'interpret' that the Seahawks are getting ready to trade DK or Lockett.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh, you know it's coming. Meh, people like to speculate. It's fun for some, and that's cool. I don't see any way DK or Tyler get traded. Unless a big offer rolls in that they can't refuse.

Jville

Reaction score
Shenault is a nice spark plug and dynamic in the passing game for some situational football as well. Having Shenault as your 4 or 5 WR off the bench is not bad at all when you have Metcalf, Lockett, JSN and Bobo too.

To run the new offense you need as many players that can run many vertical routes as possible because that is what Grubb's offensive system is focused around. So I think the team may target a WR in the mid rounds to develop and have them compete for playing time.

Wide receiver Dareke Young is a returning receiver / special teams player of similar size. Dareke stood out on special teams and was used on occasion for deep sideline passes, as a clear out / decoy receiver and (of particular interest to me) as a disguised 11 personal lead blocker for the run game. The wham block also comes to mind.

It's fun reading the tea leaves from a positive perspective.

Jville

Reaction score
Multiply, Divide, Add, and then Subtract.

It makes perfect sense.

It's called the Order of Operations. Even the little children on the streets know that.

It had nothing to do with the subject topic.

Just noise.

There is the Smack Shack for that kind of nonsense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why was he producing in Jacksonville but not in Carolina?

Scout

Reaction score
Why was he producing in Jacksonville but not in Carolina?
Carolina had several issues.

Lets start with the football side of things which I think is more important to understand. The Panthers offense was trying to ask Young to do a lot of things but that OL wasn't stout enough up front. It could be argued that Young compounded the issues of the Panthers interior OL and OL in general. But when you have a QB of that stature you need to be stout in the middle for that type of QB to succeed. The shorter QB's that can succeed behind leaky OLs like Flutie. Wilson or Garcia are super rare. QB's like Young and Brees need protection up front.

They also traded away their top WR in DJ Moore which means the players lower on the depth chart were asked to do more which is not good. Is Thielen a #1 WR at this point of his career? Really he never was a #1 when in his prime. Marshall Jr hasn't shown his potential and Mingo was too fresh to do much. Chark and Shenault are fine as complimentary players but asking them to be more than that isn't realistic.

Also the coaches were split on how to help Young and would go behind Reich's back to the owner, Tepper. Tepper does a lot of meddling which meant there was no unifying direction for the coaching staff going in a million directions.

Canales is going to fortify the center of the OL which they have done and then lean on the running game. Panthers have Hubbard/Sanders which they didn't fully utilize last year and asked Young to do too much.