Seahawks trade pick #31 to... THE NINERS?!?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":vx04xx3b said:
Sometimes they can still be way to cute with things and try to get so much value out of things that they end up with nothing

Define "cute" as used here, please. It gets thrown around but I'm curious what it actually means.

If by "cute" you mean doing something you don't expect or think they should do, then I hope they'll continue to do so if only because it's so entertaining watching people fall apart over it.

Football is about entertainment, after all. :lol:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Of course there's nothing wrong with making predictions. Do any of us not have a wish list for today's picks? They should go with their scouting over mine but it's still fun to debate King vs. Baker vs. Wilson vs. Awuzie as a fan. (It's King or Baker because of Schneider's comments about not being too harsh on local guys.. right?)

Grading drafts immediately based on "mock" player talent predictions is pretty funny though. Who's to say that player X would have been available at pick Y simply because your own mock draft had him rated there? Not many of the draft experts have the self awareness to realize that mock draft grades are only grades on their own prediction abilities. If you have a guy rated as a third rounder and he goes at the top of the second... maybe you were the one who was wrong?

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's interesting. I haven't wanted Cam Robinson all draft season long, and suddenly this morning I find myself hoping they draft him.

I think I was suffering some James Carpenter PTSD or something, but Cam Robinson is not JC. And I kind of want to pair him and Ifedi up on the right side and just brutalize people in the run game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":l7rkkzbi said:
It's interesting. I haven't wanted Cam Robinson all draft season long, and suddenly this morning I find myself hoping they draft him.

I think I was suffering some James Carpenter PTSD or something, but Cam Robinson is not JC. And I kind of want to pair him and Ifedi up on the right side and just brutalize people in the run game.

+1
The guy is still a 20 yr old kid with huge upside as well. Go get him!! :2thumbs:

Rat

Reaction score
ivotuk":3vt1bv7k said:
6 picks? Good lord! Way to go JS!

As for experts, "Aaron Curry is a can't miss prospect."

Nearly all the professional scouts and front-office personnel who get paid to evaluate and draft talent for NFL teams loved Curry too. Predicting the draft is hard.

RussB

Reaction score
Mojambo":irw89rqk said:

Cam robinson is a dominant run blocker. He just needs to improve in pass pro but hes shown alot of potential with that also just inconsistent. I really hope they get him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mikeak":20gggkrr said:
scutterhawk":20gggkrr said:
Sox-n-Hawks":20gggkrr said:
LOL, Thanks for the link, that's some funny shit.
I love all these so called experts, and how they could Never Miss......Got to make you wonder why some of those jokers still have a job.
What's even more of a head scratcher to me, is all the sniveling that goes on IN HERE during the Draft.
They be like Schneider has all this inside information, but don't know shit.......but by God, they do. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

I love how people ignore that we have had bad drafts the last few years and the team is good because of drafts a long time ago and is slowly getting worse.

Being able to build a team once and win the superbowl does not spell that they don't make a lot of other bad decisions. Now I agree on the flip side that people don't like certain things doesn't mean the team is wrong either but in general this "We won a superbowl we will trust them" only carries so much weight and is in general way overused to justify way to much

Look at Jahri Evans as example - he played all last season for the Saints and did a good job, he was good enough to be picked up this year by GB and yet we had him under contract for about $1 million and cut him........... like seriously how did that happen? A colossal mistake last year.

We have a good / great FO that makes a lot of good decisions and is not panicking in moments - that is great. Sometimes they can still be way to cute with things and try to get so much value out of things that they end up with nothing

You do not get a Richard Sherman or a Russel Wilson or a Kam Chancellor with out as you call it "getting cute"

You think any of those guys were first round stud , no need to work and mold players?

Is the front office perfect? No. But find me one that is perfect? Actually find me one thats better then ours? Ill wait

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mikeak":1xcrt5be said:
gowazzu02":1xcrt5be said:
Hey I get it. I pay attention to the draft way too much. But for those that don't let me help you out.

JS has been quoted, theres an article even on the draft thread that has him talking about his strategy. It's sort of a shot gun approach. He prefers to have numbers becuase it doesn't matter how good you are or how much a "lock" a player seems to be the draft is a crap shoot. So you increase your chances immensely by getting more picks.

He has also been quoted this offseason (and very recently) to saying that there is a huge drop-off in the draft this year and the middle is not as good as normal

So is it the right draft to be stockpiling picks?

I would be hesitant to take anything said about specific players or groups or really anything about a upcoming draft seriously.

If you asked SF yesterday they were getting calls from everyone and their mother asking about trading up. They fleeced the bears and I just read a chicago article saying that literally noone was interested in the number 2 pick. What to believe? Who knows. All I know is that trying to figure out whos telling the truth and whos lying about draft picks, positions, players, trades isn't really possible.

mikeak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":s89s13l2 said:
You do not get a Richard Sherman or a Russel Wilson or a Kam Chancellor with out as you call it "getting cute"

You think any of those guys were first round stud , no need to work and mold players?

Is the front office perfect? No. But find me one that is perfect? Actually find me one thats better then ours? Ill wait

You focused your reply on what I said worked when we had a different team. A much weaker team that gave us time to mold and work on players

When we were drafting players that needed to try to find a spot on a very solid and star studded roster we should have tried to get fewer guys that we could stash and that had a high upside.

The philosophy when having a weak roster is get a lot of guys and lets train them up

The philosophy when having a really strong roster is get fewer guys but hopefully better average and ability to give them playing time to turn them into stars

Example is 2013 draft with many of those actually being good picks but we didn't have the place for them on the roster. Who didn't want Spencer Ware last season for example? We just didn't have room for him to prove it in 2013. So why go get a bunch of guys if they aren't going to have the time and learning required to see if they can make it........

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mikeak":tbqtvzi1 said:
gowazzu02":tbqtvzi1 said:

You focused your reply on what I said worked when we had a different team. A much weaker team that gave us time to mold and work on players

When we were drafting players that needed to try to find a spot on a very solid and star studded roster we should have tried to get fewer guys that we could stash and that had a high upside.

The philosophy when having a weak roster is get a lot of guys and lets train them up

The philosophy when having a really strong roster is get fewer guys but hopefully better average and ability to give them playing time to turn them into stars

Example is 2013 draft with many of those actually being good picks but we didn't have the place for them on the roster. Who didn't want Spencer Ware last season for example? We just didn't have room for him to prove it in 2013. So why go get a bunch of guys if they aren't going to have the time and learning required to see if they can make it........

Your premise didn't play out last year. How many udfas did we keep?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1yv8nh8j said:
Seahwkgal":1yv8nh8j said:
Go root for another team then. Problem solved.

If that was aimed at me... uh... I thought the move was OUTSTANDING! :irishdrinkers:
;)
Best D player from MSU!!! IMO. :2thumbs:

Latest posts