Seahawks trade pick #31 to... THE NINERS?!?

Seymour

Reaction score
Shaz":3bj8gsgl said:
5_Golden_Rings":3bj8gsgl said:
Really don't think any of the linemen available at the time were the best player available.

Exactly, this years O-Line class is incredibly weak

There are 2 good tackles left. I dare you to say that to Cams face.

Just think Joeckel before you shoot this down.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
King Dog":23919h4j said:
We're on the decline.

Rule":23919h4j said:
The Seahawks' best days are slowly fading. We are no longer feared, our scheme has been analyzed and we're no longer fooling anyone. And we aren't winning one on one anymore either defensively. We give shitty WRs money (Kearse) and start them over better talent (ie: my local garbageman).

Tampa Bay is what we used to be.
Oakland is the new baby NE

8-8 season this year. gg's fellas

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shaz

Reaction score
Seymour":kn36rw2w said:
Shaz":kn36rw2w said:
5_Golden_Rings":kn36rw2w said:
Really don't think any of the linemen available at the time were the best player available.

Yeah.............No.

He's got a James Carpenter vibe all over him, not sold at all.

iigakusei

Reaction score
According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has w
widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 101018026/

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hey I get it. I pay attention to the draft way too much. But for those that don't let me help you out.

JS has been quoted, theres an article even on the draft thread that has him talking about his strategy. It's sort of a shot gun approach. He prefers to have numbers becuase it doesn't matter how good you are or how much a "lock" a player seems to be the draft is a crap shoot. So you increase your chances immensely by getting more picks.

Foster: Yes he looks talented, but ask yourself this. If he is a generational talent why did 30 teams pick players other then him? He plays the same position as our ALL PRO mllb Bobby Wagner.

At the beginning of the draft if we could of gotten King, Obi Olamafanu (sp). , Lamp, Cook at 26 I would of loved the pick. They ALL are still on the board.

We have 6 picks tonight.

If we walk away with
-Lamp
-Olamafanu
-Quincy Wilson
-Mixon
-Sidney Jones
- Insert best DL available

That my friends would be a SLAM dunk.

settle down

Last but not least. 3rd, 4th, 5th 6th picks./... how about RW, KJ, Chancellor, Sherm, Maxwell, Shead......

Seymour

Reaction score
Shaz":2uuyp5qu said:
Seymour":2uuyp5qu said:
Shaz":2uuyp5qu said:
5_Golden_Rings":2uuyp5qu said:

Yeah.............No.

He's got a James Carpenter vibe all over him, not sold at all.

I don't need to "sell" you, this is what I think they may do. I'd love King there but I don't think they are high on him. The Packers are interested in him and Schneider knows his pick will be there, so that spells no King to Seattle. I think they take Robinson or Obi here.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
[/quote]

Yeah.............No.

He's got a James Carpenter vibe all over him, not sold at all.[/quote]

I don't need to "sell" you, this is what I think they may do. I'd love King there but I don't think they are high on him. The Packers are interested in him and Schneider knows his pick will be there, so that spells no King to Seattle. I think they take Robinson or Obi here.[/quote]

Shefty was on nfl net last night saying theres lots of trade talk about folks grabbing GBs pick to come get Davis Webb.

bandiger

Reaction score
gowazzu02":ve4gu4yp said:
Hey I get it. I pay attention to the draft way too much. But for those that don't let me help you out.

JS has been quoted, theres an article even on the draft thread that has him talking about his strategy. It's sort of a shot gun approach. He prefers to have numbers becuase it doesn't matter how good you are or how much a "lock" a player seems to be the draft is a crap shoot. So you increase your chances immensely by getting more picks.

Foster: Yes he looks talented, but ask yourself this. If he is a generational talent why did 30 teams pick players other then him? He plays the same position as our ALL PRO mllb Bobby Wagner.

At the beginning of the draft if we could of gotten King, Obi Olamafanu (sp). , Lamp, Cook at 26 I would of loved the pick. They ALL are still on the board.

We have 6 picks tonight.

If we walk away with
-Lamp
-Olamafanu
-Quincy Wilson
-Mixon
-Sidney Jones

settle down

Last but not least. 3rd, 4th, 5th 6th picks./... how about RW, KJ, Chancellor, Sherm, Maxwell, Shead......

Agreed. :2thumbs:

Boycie

Reaction score
gowazzu02":u3iq10t9 said:

We have 6 picks tonight.

If we walk away with
-Lamp
-Olamafanu
-Quincy Wilson
-Mixon
-Sidney Jones

settle down

Exactly^

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
I still think we went into this thing with 3 or 4 O-line prospects in mind and when it became evident, both times, that one of them would still be available if we traded back we pulled the trigger on these trades.

The meat of this draft, unless you were desperate for a single specific prospect (like the Bears evidently were) the was always day 2. This draft may have been light on stud OT's (too bad for us) but scout after scout has been saying that there were 50-60 players with first round grades and that there is no real drop off until pick 100-110 ... to have added players in that range, and still have one of your initial first round targets available at our first spot in the second i some excellent work from our war room.

Tonight I think GB takes King and we take Lamp, or if the Packer take Lamp we take Robinson. Either way I'll be more than happy.

edogg23

Reaction score
What if the Hawks Take King and they get to their first 3rd round pick and Sidney Jones is still on the board. Do you take him? What about their second 2nd round pick? I think I would, we would be good at cb for the next 4 years in a position that costs a lot of money to fill will anything but first contract players.

Let's be honest, if the Seahawks draft an O-lineman its not going to be Lamp, its going to be some off the wall pick because for some reason they can't evaluate O-line talent.

mikeak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1wsm0gsd said:

He has also been quoted this offseason (and very recently) to saying that there is a huge drop-off in the draft this year and the middle is not as good as normal

So is it the right draft to be stockpiling picks?

Ruminator

Reaction score
gowazzu02":28nwow8z said:

Excellent reminder. Also think the FO prefers several players with a lot of promise to be good rather than just one or maybe two potential studs plus a bunch of whomevers. And, as they've demonstrated repeatedly, the desired mentality is often as important if not more so than physical attributes and talent, whereas most teams focus primarily on the latter in the early rounds.

Ruminator

Reaction score
mikeak":26fuuh6v said:
gowazzu02":26fuuh6v said:

He has also been quoted this offseason (and very recently) to saying that there is a huge drop-off in the draft this year and the middle is not as good as normal

So is it the right draft to be stockpiling picks?

Maybe we'll trade up once or twice to get 3+ picks in the second round -- just ahead of the drop-off.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Uncle Si":6j6hchru said:
King Dog":6j6hchru said:
"C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster......."

Whooooooo. Can't wait :sarcasm_on:
You copied and pasted someone else's post into a different thread?

Boy you are mad

Regardless of who made this post, thank you King Dog for putting a damper on the mood here.

RussB

Reaction score
I wonder who they pick first? Cam robinson, Obi, or King. If they are able to somehow get one of those CB's and cam robinson it would be so nice.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":140lqhqo said:
LOL, Thanks for the link, that's some funny shit.
I love all these so called experts, and how they could Never Miss......Got to make you wonder why some of those jokers still have a job.
What's even more of a head scratcher to me, is all the sniveling that goes on IN HERE during the Draft.
They be like Schneider has all this inside information, but don't know shit.......but by God, they do. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1yqi5hvb said:
King Dog":1yqi5hvb said:
We're on the decline.

Rule":1yqi5hvb said:
The Seahawks' best days are slowly fading. We are no longer feared, our scheme has been analyzed and we're no longer fooling anyone. And we aren't winning one on one anymore either defensively. We give shitty WRs money (Kearse) and start them over better talent (ie: my local garbageman).

Tampa Bay is what we used to be.
Oakland is the new baby NE

8-8 season this year. gg's fellas

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gets me every time.

mikeak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2ro72ea4 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2ro72ea4 said:
LOL, Thanks for the link, that's some funny shit.
I love all these so called experts, and how they could Never Miss......Got to make you wonder why some of those jokers still have a job.
What's even more of a head scratcher to me, is all the sniveling that goes on IN HERE during the Draft.
They be like Schneider has all this inside information, but don't know shit.......but by God, they do. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

I love how people ignore that we have had bad drafts the last few years and the team is good because of drafts a long time ago and is slowly getting worse.

Being able to build a team once and win the superbowl does not spell that they don't make a lot of other bad decisions. Now I agree on the flip side that people don't like certain things doesn't mean the team is wrong either but in general this "We won a superbowl we will trust them" only carries so much weight and is in general way overused to justify way to much

Look at Jahri Evans as example - he played all last season for the Saints and did a good job, he was good enough to be picked up this year by GB and yet we had him under contract for about $1 million and cut him........... like seriously how did that happen? A colossal mistake last year.

We have a good / great FO that makes a lot of good decisions and is not panicking in moments - that is great. Sometimes they can still be way to cute with things and try to get so much value out of things that they end up with nothing

Latest posts