Seahawks Trade Rumors

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":12wqiblg said:
If the rumors are true about Denver looking to offload some of their talent, I think a potential target would be safety Justin Simmons. I'd say he's an upgrade to Tedric/Hill, and anything to shore up that spot would be nice. If a mid round pick gets it done, say a 4th/5th, that's a deal I'd like to see.

Was my first thought exactly. Loved Simmons coming out and hoped we would get him. I was so pissed we took Vannett and Odhiambo just ahead of him.

Ultimately, I'd still say they are in the market for safety. Simmons or Adams. Simmons is on final year of rookie deal. Adams has one more year, plus 5th year option.

Adams would seem superflous. However for a team that has problems at Safety -- to have a 2nd round pick be a healthy scratch week to week is insanely troubling. Especially for a program that has a rich tradition of playing rookie talent early and going through the learning curve lumps in order for that development to shine/thrive late. If Blair had any quality whatsoever, he would at the very least be active. There is no talent on the team atop the depth chart that *should* suppress his getting some snaps.

I liked what I saw of Blair. But the way Seattle is managing him in the early part of this season gives me the undeniable feeling that Pete sees problems that we don't see from the outside. Adams is a pro bowl quality talent and the closest thing to Kam currently in the NFL. There aren't any safety prospects in this draft that compare at all to Jamal.

I'd make a move on either Simmons or Adams. Or even both really. Adding Simmons, even if it's for a 1 year rental is ok if the pick cost is modest. You'll potentially recoup some of that value with a comp pick.

Seattle is going to have a lot of cap room next year. And a lot of UFAs to resign. If I consider for a moment, that Seattle could conceivably be in the market for Simmons as a UFA. Then consider too, that if you trade today, and resign him as you had already hoped to -- you aren't sacrificing a comp pick from guys that sign elsewhere (Ansah, Clowney, Reed). Not saying they'll leave. But hard to think we'll resign them all. It could be a case of trading say a 4th round 2020 pick, for Simmons and what would have been a 2021 4th.

This safety group is not yet getting it done. Could they? Sure. But if they don't, then there isn't a lot of good draft options in 2020. Not making a move now could easily mean we're saddled with this until 2021, and then having to spend a high 2021 draft pick, as well as take 8-12 games to get a rookie up to speed. Nothing I've seen from Thompson or Blair leaves me satisfied incurring that risk.

Simmons and Adams gives us riches in the secondary today. With the ability to retain them long term. And also gives us the luxury of just waiting Blair out in case he just takes longer to develop.

If it's me, looking at the Safety landscape in 2020 -- I'm comfortable with a 2nd for Adams and comp 3rd or 4th for Simmons.

Consideration for

Simmons (2016-2018): 7 INT
McDougald (2016-2018): 5 INT
Hill: (2018): 0 INT
Thompson (2017-2018): 1 INT

Simmons gets turnovers. Adams gives us a top enforcer (equal to Derwin James). Two elements painfully missing on this defense.

Rat

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":11jr84g2 said:
McGruff":11jr84g2 said:
Shanegotyou11":11jr84g2 said:
Seahawk Sailor":11jr84g2 said:
Found the source of these rumors.

094857bc 017f 4ad7 b6c8 43c6ca3772e0 text

Yawn. If you dont like a thread, dont open it.

It's called having fun. Lighten up.

This one got crapped on or joked on by a small handful for whatever reason. I know we have little cliques on here and its funny to team up but it really isnt.

The "reason" was that you made a statement ("the Seahawks are in the thick of it to make a trade") that few have heard about with nothing to back it up. Had you provided a link, or even just said WHERE you heard that, nobody would have been ripping on you. Or at least put a question mark at the end of your thread title and then asked "has anyone heard anything?". You worded this in a way that made it sound like you had news, and we're all hungry for Seahawks news. Opening the thread was a let-down.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And I posted a link to Bob Condotta's column which discussed several of the scenarios yet no one gave the OP any slack when he was saying the exact same thing that Condotta said. Of course that presumes that someone actually read my post so there's that too.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I could see the Seahawks making one more "major" move before the trade deadline.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Rat":2f5f6bg2 said:
Shanegotyou11":2f5f6bg2 said:
McGruff":2f5f6bg2 said:
Shanegotyou11":2f5f6bg2 said:
Yawn. If you dont like a thread, dont open it.

It's called having fun. Lighten up.

This one got crapped on or joked on by a small handful for whatever reason. I know we have little cliques on here and its funny to team up but it really isnt.

The "reason" was that you made a statement ("the Seahawks are in the thick of it to make a trade") that few have heard about with nothing to back it up. Had you provided a link, or even just said WHERE you heard that, nobody would have been ripping on you. Or at least put a question mark at the end of your thread title and then asked "has anyone heard anything?". You worded this in a way that made it sound like you had news, and we're all hungry for Seahawks news. Opening the thread was a let-down.

I posted link down in the thread. My bad. Its a let down to hear threads over pete and russ and dan quinn about same bs. People need to respect others like they wanna be respected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a trade prediction thread? Anyway, I have a feeling that we do make at least one splash. Not sure if it will be Ramsey, as the Jags seem don't seem willing to take anything but a couple 1st rounders. But it sounds like Denver is gonna' clean house, and there's a damn good player to add to our secondary right there. Chris Harris is a damn good player.

Rat

Reaction score
Not a trade, but the Bucs just released Deone Buchanan. Any interest there?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rat":1f0x1wyl said:

I LOVED him coming out of college and thought the Hawks would be all over him once he left AZ.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rat":24vdhozj said:

Sorry Shane if I offended you. I was having a little fun. I do understand where you are coming from though. No disrespect intended.

Deone Buchanan would be intriguing but I believe he is more of LB than safety. At least that is where he was successful with the Cards if I'm not mistaken. I believe the Seahawks are well set in the LB dept. I'd like to see a bit more of Colbert at FS. If he is rangy then he may well be the answer. So far he hasn't had a chance. Maybe soon.

endzorn

Reaction score
2_0_6":3q768eby said:
Rat":3q768eby said:

I LOVED him coming out of college and thought the Hawks would be all over him once he left AZ.
He’s been playing linebacker. If they had a role for him I’d be all in because he’s a monster in the box.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Wait, is Jamal Adams on the trading block or are people just throwing random names out there?

If he is I sure hope the Seahawks are kicking the tires on a trade.

Rat

Reaction score
A-Dog":3f2fiehp said:
Wait, is Jamal Adams on the trading block or are people just throwing random names out there?

If he is I sure hope the Seahawks are kicking the tires on a trade.

I doubt it. The Jets are a mess, but Adams should be seen as a building block for them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe we should trade Wilson for Gardner Minshew, we would have Money to sign all these guys and bring a kid in that played locally as in the State. This way the Jags would have a legitimate chance for a Super Bowl as well. :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sanders is a hell of a WR imo. Would love to see him here. I'm in the minority on Diggs, he's a flat out baller. But $ wise, he would be way too pricey.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I can’t see any WR or DB trade having the results we want. System and locker room fits are a thing. This real life not Madden.
And we have 6 safeties on this team. Why trade for another?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2ef9drod said:
I can’t see any WR or DB trade having the results we want. System and locker room fits are a thing. This real life not Madden.
And we have 6 safeties on this team. Why trade for another?

Would you rather have six $1 bills, or one $10 dollar bill?